What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I can read "Bears" in the seating but what is it supposed to say above it? It doesn't look like "Go", it looks like it says "EAR BEARS"

The only thing I could think of was they have done Bears again but in reverse colour seating. Otherwise if it's not that I can't make out what they are getting at.

BDGS

Bench
What it says above "BEARS". Did they even finish building the stadium? There is that gaping hole at one end with no seats.

They don't play regular national sporting games on stadiums that aren't finished. Not to mention that 'hole' as you put it makes that stadium one of the most picturesque stadiums in Australia.

Coastbloke

Bench
:lol: "The Hole"

gosford_central_coast.jpg

And Gosford haven't started their waterfront development yet. It'll be like Newcastle's Foreshore with cafes, restaurants and walkways, plus the stadium..

Really slumming it..

Coastbloke

Bench
Some code there played yesterday to a crowd of 6000 and is second on their ladder. A NRL trial this year got 17-18,000 to the 20,013 seat stadium..

The need is there..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Third actually, but they'll likely get 11-12k on Friday. Sadly for them that'll be their season-high.

What's funny about someone's earlier comments re "not finished at one end" is that even with just the three sides, the stadium still has greater working capacity than Kogarah, Wollongong, Toyota and Brookvale.

Perth Red

Post Whore
:lol: "The Hole"

gosford_central_coast.jpg

And Gosford haven't started their waterfront development yet. It'll be like Newcastle's Foreshore with cafes, restaurants and walkways, plus the stadium..

Really slumming it..

why can't australian architects build stadiums with roofs that actually cover people in rainy weather?

BDGS

Bench
who cares? I love getting wet while at the game. If you are close to the action it brings in another element to the game of Rugby League (that is close to the game and wet)

Titanic

First Grade
why can't australian architects build stadiums with roofs that actually cover people in rainy weather?

Because they only sit in corporate boxes.

And regarding Bears ears - that has a pleasant ring to it - much better than bees knees.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This "EAR" carry-on is a great distraction tactic from the point - the stadium was built for the Bears when they had proposed relocation to Gosford in 1998/99.

Perth Red

Post Whore
shame the majority don't hence the sub 10k whenever it rains in Sydney (which seems to be frequently during the season)

adamkungl

Immortal
Sharks merge with Roosters = Eastern Sharks.

Not going to happen,but nice try.
Roosters to Adelaide ,they might then get some juniors.

No one that has ever suggested this has ever come up with a good reason why the Roosters would even consider it. Never. gonna. happen.

What's funny about someone's earlier comments re "not finished at one end" is that even with just the three sides, the stadium still has greater working capacity than Kogarah, Wollongong, Toyota and Brookvale.

shiiiiiitholes

After the membership drive yesterday @ Terrigal Raine & Horne.

The Central Coast Bears will be @ Avoca Kahve Cafe today (30th Dec).

Then onwards the Central Coast Bears membership drive will be @ the same venues

TERRIGAL RAINE & HORNE MEMBERSHIP DRIVES
TIME: 10am - 3pm
DATES: JAN 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th

AVOCA KAHVE CAFE MEMBERSHIP DRIVES
TIME: 10am - 3pm
DATES: JAN 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th

Coastbloke

Bench
Reds, I like the stadium but re the question of roofs..

I think it's the Australian 'outdoors' lifestyle is what stadium designers think off when it comes to building them..

You look at some of the great looking stadiums in World Stadiums.com particuarly in Europe, I guess they have to consider the harsher weather (in winter)

Thing is, the more enclosed stadiums seem to make more noise and make it more intimidating for visitor teams..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems to me there is little downside to having a decent roof over your head and alot of upsides. I do agree on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon winters day it is great to have the sun on your back and beer in hand. How many games are actually played in those conditions though now a days? Also as said an enclosed stadium def adds to the game day atmosphere, which is the main reason people go to games and not sit at home or in the pub watching on telly.

BDGS

Bench
Roofs take away from the natural weather that sporting teams have to deal with. Putting a rook on is sh*t imo. Why not just play whatever sport it is in neutral weather conditions which would be the same for every game and play it in a serial environment. The games i have seen with the roofs closed has taken something away from games. I can't put my finger on it, just something spiritual is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.