What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
I agree with all that.

There's just one problem. NSW already has too many teams.

In your opinion. NSW is a big state. A case could be mounted that SE Sydney may have too many teams, but certainly the regional area of Central Coast combined with northern Sydney has zero teams. That's 1.1 million without a team.

The NRL obviously think differently to you. I understand there's been a series of face to face discussions in recent weeks that were very positive.

BDGS

Bench
Oh you mean the surpassing the 5000 members tally?

Yeah, that is big news surpassing three NRL clubs and not far behind another club. Good news for all Rugby League not just the Bears bid.

I agree with all that.

There's just one problem. NSW already has too many teams.

Did you miss this part, blind freddy?

Are there too many NSW teams already?
Not if there is a region of sufficient size that can demonstrate that it can add more value to the game by its admission than by its exclusion. The Central Coast team, if private equity can be sourced, will not be a drain on any other club finances and the companies wanting to associate with the Bears will provide bargaining power for the NRL in future TV dealmaking, benefitting all existing clubs.
The sponsors are being attracted to the Bears from outside the game, not diverted from an existing club to a new club.
The Central Coast is ready to go now. A new TV deal comes into effect in 2013. An extra game will enhance the TV revenue deal attainable if another bid team is also deemed ready to enter in 2013.
Financial pressures on NSW clubs will ease with savings achieved through the creation of an Independent Commission, increased TV rights deals plus reduced State poker machine taxes in the event of a State Coalition victory in March.
The stars will never align better for a Central Coast expansion.

BDGS

Bench

Clutching at those short straws are over and now without an good argument against the Bid he has nothing left then this final straw, the shortest of all and he has repeated it twice. This poster has nothing left.

supera

Juniors
given the existing population, and rapid expansion in the central coast, the idea that there's too many teams in NSW is ridiculous in my view. it's an entirely different catchment area for sponsors and fans that is currently only being serviced by the A league in summer.

if someone was suggesting that, for example, newtown re enter the competition, then the argument has merit. there are too many teams in sydney. but NSW is a big state.

it's dumb that i can look through the east/west "corridoor" and see roosters, souths, st george, "wests" (balmain and campbelltown), canterbury, parramatta and penrith. THAT is an over saturation.

newcastle, central coast and manly in the space of 2 hours is not over saturation.

macavity

Referee
it's dumb that i can look through the east/west "corridoor" and see roosters, souths, st george, "wests" (balmain and campbelltown), canterbury, parramatta and penrith. THAT is an over saturation.

newcastle, central coast and manly in the space of 2 hours is not over saturation.

an area of about 4mil, vs an area of about 1.5?

BDGS

Bench
an area of about 4mil, vs an area of about 1.5?

Even with that extra population they are hardly crying out for a team as an area. Teams should only go to areas that cry out for a team, its a good sign as to how far into the idea the community is. The further they are into the longer they will support it even without on field success.

andrew057

First Grade
Why are you even posting in this thread dgsfan if you have nothing of any substance to contribute?

Your trolling is sad mate.

BDGS

Bench
Worth mentioning that the Newcastle Knights offer from Tinkler will do nothing but help the Bears.

Many people say the Central Coast shouldn't have a team because it may have negative affects for the Newcastle Knights, well if the Knights accept this deal then their future will be safe for however as long as Tinkler owns the club.

Another reason as to why the Central Coast shouldn't have a team, GONE.

The puzzle for the Central Coast NRL bid is coming together.

Last edited:

ghee

Juniors
Worth mentioning that the Newcastle Knights offer from Tinkler will do nothing but help the Bears.

Many people say the Central Coast shouldn't have a team because it may have negative affects for the Newcastle Knights, well if the Knights accept this deal then their future will be safe for however as long as Tinkler owns the club.

Another reason as to why the Central Coast shouldn't have a team, GONE.

The puzzle for the Central Coast NRL bid is coming together.

Couldn't agree more! Let's hope the board of the Knights drop self interest and put Tinkler's offer to the members for a vote. IMHO they would be crazy to knock it back as it would secure the club's future for at least a decade. I agree that Tinkler's backing of the Knights will only help the cause of the CC Bears.

Bring back the Bears in 2013....and congratulations to the bid team and volunteers on achieving more than 5000 members!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Boring. This thread has turned into a giant joke. Bears fans fighting with one another, supporters spewing out baseless information about the bid, and just a general lack of intelligence from the pro-Bear camp.

Your value to this discussion is becoming less and less by the second. Seeing it is clear you have nothing to add and you seem to not enjoy this discussion, can I suggest you redirect yourself to the Ipswich or WA Reds bid threads and discuss those teams there where you hold some sort of interest? Since many of your baseless claims were disproved many pages ago, you've now just launched into continued vitriol and abuse at anyone who dares agree the Bears time is due. Move on.

out of interest if the Tinkler deal happens and Newcastle become a powerhouse club will it effect the Bears sustainability or will drawing from North Sydney corporates be enough?
Absolutely the opposite - CC Bears were never intending to draw on corporate support from the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie/Hunter business community, it's the Central Coast and North Shore that the club is focused on gaining this support from and so far it has been very successful in achieving that.

Tinkler's bid won't have any negative effects on the Bears bid in any shape or form from what I can see - quite the opposite - both the Bears and Knights will be two well supported, community-oriented and passionate clubs.

mightybears

Bench
Boring. This thread has turned into a giant joke. Bears fans fighting with one another, supporters spewing out baseless information about the bid, and just a general lack of intelligence from the pro-Bear camp.

Not too many 'real' Bears fans fighting each other, maybe you need a bit of 'time out' from the thread, as above and your 'grammar' remark, the 'borings' and 'ZZZZZ' are all a bit sad.

Last edited:

the1

Juniors
I would like to retract comments which I made earlier in this thread. After doing some research my opinion has actually changed :).

macavity

Referee
Absolutely the opposite - CC Bears were never intending to draw on corporate support from the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie/Hunter business community, it's the Central Coast and North Shore that the club is focused on gaining this support from and so far it has been very successful in achieving that.

Tinkler's bid won't have any negative effects on the Bears bid in any shape or form from what I can see - quite the opposite - both the Bears and Knights will be two well supported, community-oriented and passionate clubs.

Sorry, I can never support them while they arrogantly purport to assume large chunks of our territory.

Fix up your maps, and fix up your attitude.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry, I can never support them while they arrogantly purport to assume large chunks of our territory.

Fix up your maps, and fix up your attitude.
What chunks of territory are they?

If you think you lay any claim to any part of the Central Coast you can get rooted. From Catherine Hill Bay, Wyee and Lake Munmorah southward, the Bears have every right to claim players and territory, regardless of whether Wyong decided to stick their bib into the "Real NRL".

If by some freak of nature the Bears are claiming Swansea, Belmont, Morisset or Toronto, I'll retract my remarks. Otherwise, it's actually the Knights assuming chunks of a region they have no real claim to.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I'm impressed at the growth of the CC bid. They have a rock solid bid that will compete with the other bids.

RedVee

First Grade
Your value to this discussion is becoming less and less by the second. Seeing it is clear you have nothing to add and you seem to not enjoy this discussion, can I suggest you redirect yourself to the Ipswich or WA Reds bid threads and discuss those teams there where you hold some sort of interest? Since many of your baseless claims were disproved many pages ago, you've now just launched into continued vitriol and abuse at anyone who dares agree the Bears time is due. Move on.

and automatic rivals.

What chunks of territory are they?

If you think you lay any claim to any part of the Central Coast you can get rooted. From Catherine Hill Bay, Wyee and Lake Munmorah southward, the Bears have every right to claim players and territory, regardless of whether Wyong decided to stick their bib into the "Real NRL".

If by some freak of nature the Bears are claiming Swansea, Belmont, Morisset or Toronto, I'll retract my remarks. Otherwise, it's actually the Knights assuming chunks of a region they have no real claim to.

Timmah, he posted a map from the CC bid website earlier in the thread that showed CC territory all the way up to Swansea. Which I would suggest is incorrect by my understanding of the CC/Newcastle divide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts