What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Young and personal reference for Finch

st.phil

Bench
Be less concerned at his stupidity

And more concerned he's giving a character reference to a pedophile
100% - and the fact that he has called him a decent person who has just made a mistake... his walk back was a double down. Something tells me Craig has never been wrong in his life.

Qdf

Juniors
No, no he didn't! Young made a mind numbingly dumb decision to do the deed all on his own!
So what happens now?
Young say, oh! I'm sorry and that's it?
I hope there's a strong response from the club.
He should know better, after all he was a NSW police officer. (Detective)
I'm afraid sorry is not good enough. Young should step down, I'm sure our sponsors
would like to see some action forthcoming.

Qdf

Juniors
Apology not good enough.
Has tobe action taken over this act of trying to use our club letter head to add more legal weight to his personal
reference. You can't tell me an ex Detective did not know what he was doing. It was a
Blatant act of deception.

Parko1310

Juniors
If he doesn't step down he should be sacked. Finch has pleaded guilty, it's a matter of his sentence. This is disgusting from Craig Young and just goes to show he needs to get out of our club. If this doesn't make him step down (which it won't) then nothing will. Just get him tf out of this club, it's appalling.

Dragon David

First Grade
Apology not good enough.
Has tobe action taken over this act of trying to use our club letter head to add more legal weight to his personal
reference. You can't tell me an ex Detective did not know what he was doing. It was a
Blatant act of deception.
Yep. He probably thought that by using the letterhead for his character reference for Brett F it might have carried a bit more weight than on plain A4 paper. That weight is now on his shoulders and has backfired on him.

Reactions: Qdf

Illusion

Bench
So what happens now?
Young say, oh! I'm sorry and that's it?
I hope there's a strong response from the club.
He should know better, after all he was a NSW police officer. (Detective)
I'm afraid sorry is not good enough. Young should step down, I'm sure our sponsors
would like to see some action forthcoming.
More than likely nothing will happen , and the life as a St George Illawarra board member goes on ......

Qdf

Juniors
The blokes spinning a silk purse from a pigs ear that he was trying to buys drugs makes this reference a million times worse. Embarassing doesn't even begin to describe this course of action.
Yes and this mob running our
Club are trying to distract us
again.
Introducing Ben Creigh to the
Board.
Funny thing that, just at the same time Craig Young is under pressure with his deceptive personal reference
for Brett Finch.
This Board of ours are real scumbags .

Maddragon99

Juniors
Very disappointed to see Craig provided a personal reference on his employers letterhead.

Another muppet using the club as his personal fiefdom.

By all means provide a family friend with a reference if you wish.

Don’t embroil the club in your personal matters.
Obviously a favour for an old mate, but someone should remind Craig that unlike his farther Brett Finch never wore the Red V

Gareth67

First Grade
More than likely nothing will happen , and the life as a St George Illawarra board member goes on ......
Unfortunately just so , regardless of their incredible acts of stupidity our board are bulletproof .

And as to anyone of these characters falling upon their own sword , well that is a impossibility , as the sword of St.George rusted to it’s shield many a year ago .

Last edited: