What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Me A River, Ricko

Azkatro

First Grade
rickshot.jpg

Look at frame one there and the way Ricketson is looking at Fien. He is looking right at the bloke, sizing him up and knows that he won't see it coming. So the first thing that tells you is that it was intentional. The second thing it tells you is that it was malicious. The third - and most important thing - is that it was cowardly because he knows he can put the man down with one hit and come out unscathed.

As I said in another thread, this wouldn't have erupted into such a brawl if Ricketson didn't do it. The Cowboys players all came rushing in, VERY keen to extract revenge for such a cheap hit, and hence got into it. Hodges didn't help the situation by running in, trying to single out Matt Bowen for a bit of a scrap.

If it wasn't for Ricketson's cheap shot, it would have been a normal run-of-the-mill scuffle and anyone else who came in would have most likely just tried to settle things down and break it up, something you see in a lot of matches and can be put down to the emotions and adrenalin involved.

If you want more information about why hitting someone while they're not watching is a Bad Thing, do a bit of research on some news sites on "David Hookes".

rossy

Juniors
El Duque said:
rossy said:
Well it is a fashion travesty. He probably doesn't even use Sunsilk.

ban him from the game.

And he can take Todd Payten with him. It wasn't the salary cap that made Esats cut him, it was the hair... It's always the hair.

Kiwi

First Grade
rossy said:
Brad Fittler has been playing 1st grade rugby league for 15 years and he needs Ricketson to 'stand up for him'?
And what about respect? Fittler has been playing for fifteen years and is not a brawler, never has been. Do you think Fien was playing Billy the Kid and looking to knock off the Big Gun? Seems like he's agot a bit of dirt in his game that he'll need to get rid of. And that mullet can go too.

Then why did fittler choose to react to a push to the side of the head that he'd probably received over 1,000 times in his entire league career?

How often do you see someone pushed in the game? The odd hand to the side of the head, the back, chest ehatever, simple little pushes? 10? 20? or more times a match? So why because Fittler chose to react, and Ricketson decided to king hit Fien with a cheap shot is this Fien's fault?

m0j0

Bench
gregstar said:
told ya it will be down-graded to 99 points!

gregstar, the average IQ of this forum is much lower than it should be thanks to you. Do you even have any idea how the points system works?

Aside from the fact that it's not mathematically possible for Ricketson to get 99 points, there's no way he be downgraded 2 grading levels. The best they can realistically hope for is to be downgraded to Level 2 - 168 points with early play - 1 week suspension with 68 carry over points.

rossy

Juniors
Azkatro said:
rickshot.jpg

Look at frame one there and the way Ricketson is looking at Fien. He is looking right at the bloke, sizing him up and knows that he won't see it coming. So the first thing that tells you is that it was intentional. The second thing it tells you is that it was malicious. The third - and most important thing - is that it was cowardly because he knows he can put the man down with one hit and come out unscathed.

As I said in another thread, this wouldn't have erupted into such a brawl if Ricketson didn't do it. The Cowboys players all came rushing in, VERY keen to extract revenge for such a cheap hit, and hence got into it. Hodges didn't help the situation by running in, trying to single out Matt Bowen for a bit of a scrap.

If it wasn't for Ricketson's cheap shot, it would have been a normal run-of-the-mill scuffle and anyone else who came in would have most likely just tried to settle things down and break it up, something you see in a lot of matches and can be put down to the emotions and adrenalin involved.

If you want more information about why hitting someone while they're not watching is a Bad Thing, do a bit of research on some news sites on "David Hookes".

It's forearm to the chin, nothing like the Hookes case. That a bit hysterical. Fien slapped Fittler when he wasn't looking too, prior to the whole incident you are describing. Will someone admit that Fien is responsible for that?

Kiwi

First Grade
It's forearm to the chin, nothing like the Hookes case. That a bit hysterical. Fien slapped Fittler when he wasn't looking too, prior to the whole incident you are describing. Will someone admit that Fien is responsible for that?

Fien was pushing Fittler off the tackled player, so he pushed his head at the same time, had Fittler not been trying to slow down the play the ball by laying all over the tackled player, this would not have happened, Fittler started the whole thing.

rossy

Juniors
Did the ref call dominant tackle? Then Fittler is entitled to slow down the play the ball. I don't think I saw one tackle in that match that had a quick play the ball. Simpkins was hopeless.

Kiwi

First Grade
rossy said:
Did the ref call dominant tackle? Then Fittler is entitled to slow down the play the ball. I don't think I saw one tackle in that match that had a quick play the ball. Simpkins was hopeless.

It was in the first few minutes, it can't be compared to the rest of the game.

And Fien is also entitled to do what every other player does, and help his team mate get a quick play the ball. All Fien was doing was pushing Fittler off the tackled player.

rossy

Juniors
If it was in the first few minutes why can't it be compared to the rest of the game? That would mean that an incident in the 80th minute is no different to one in the 15th, is that correct? And that would be absurd.

Actually, I think you'll find that attacking players aren't allowed to interfere in the tackle at all. l could be wrong but isn't this what Canberra got in trouble over a couple of years ago?

Moggles

Juniors
The play of the ball was really bad in both games but for different reasons.
Saturday night, you only had to be in the same post code as the player with the ball and Mander would call held.
Then on Sunday the players had time to have a cup of tea and bikkies while waiting for the Held call to come.

redVgirl

Juniors
pfffft loyalty! that can't be a defence for king hitting someone. fair enough if he came in to defend fittler, but not in such an extreme manner. fein gave fittler a little love tap that barely touched him and ricko came in with a swinging forearm and floored fein. totally unnecessary!

ive always liked ricko but he deserves to be suspended for this. hes too experienced for this impulsive sort of behaviour.

its funny...i always think 'man i wish we had a bit more biff in the game' but when you see something like this its pretty sickening. :|

rossy said:
Why is this so important to Raiders fans? Fien started it. He got hammered. Ricketson will be suspended.
Just goes to show that some of these Raider fans are still bitter of the fact that Finch has won the Roosters more games than his lost. Actually, I can't remember Finch single handedly costing the Roosters a game all year.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Ricko had a brain explosion. He should pay the penalty like everyone else does. If he had just left Fittler to sort it out himself, he wouldnt have his club trying to excuse his behaviour.

Raider Azz

Bench
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
rossy said:
Why is this so important to Raiders fans? Fien started it. He got hammered. Ricketson will be suspended.
Just goes to show that some of these Raider fans are still bitter of the fact that Finch has won the Roosters more games than his lost. Actually, I can't remember Finch single handedly costing the Roosters a game all year.
Yeah, we're so bitter. :roll: Moron. Where do you see the words "Brett Finch" in here? Finch has nothing to do with any of this. There's more than just Raiders fans posting in this thread.

Freak

Juniors
El Duque said:
rossy, this makes him look so much more innocent :roll:

Thug.gif

Why was Freddy on the wrong side of the ruck anyway!!

My opinion: Intential bung on by the Roosters!
I honestly believe Freddy started it! Fien reacted with a SHOVE which missed Freddy and then copped a sickening blow from the Thug Ricko!

Capped off beautifully by Hodges picking out someone half the size to get involved :roll:

Grade 3 was is a joke!! Throwing blind side shots at a halfback! Our game doesn't need shite like that and he deserves plenty more time on the sideline than what he is going to get or has got.[/b]

Freak

Juniors
Keep making it up as you go along Rossy!!!

Where is your evidence!!

It is obvious by the above gif this supposed hit on Freddy simply did not happen.

Fien is not even looking at Freddy when Freddy makes the inital contact!

What drugs are you on Rossy!!! (Obviously not your prescribed Prozac :roll: )

rossy

Juniors
The scuffle at the start of the gif was because Fien slapped Fittler on the head. Go have a look at the tape.

frank

Juniors
Finchy could probably do with a good smack in the moosh.
It'd give him an excuse to go and get that nasty set of choppers fixed up.