What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

disgusting eels fan behaviour to child

Stagger eel

Staff member
I work at about 30 odd NRL games every year and attend about 10 as a punter and I can tell you that there is atleast 1 eviction for intox and anti social bevaviour every game and there's plenty that goes on without the mediaq touching it...

in 30 years of attending games, I've been a victim on atleast 3 occasion from an idiot or idiots trying to bignote themselves and atleast 1 occasion I was the idiot myself and regret my actions...

it happens, clubs are aware of bad behaviour and most I know are extremely proactive including Parramatta, Canterbury and South sydney who do a wonderful job trying to weed out the idiots.

drake

First Grade
Hassling a kid... what a man. Probably tortured a kitten just to prove his awesome manliness.

It's up to other fans to let these knobs know they aren't wanted.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hassling a kid... what a man. Probably tortured a kitten just to prove his awesome manliness.

yep I agree..and if this happened around me I would of given him a gobful than reported him to security..

couldn't care less who they supported.

Someone

Bench
Yea.. you wernt expecting that kind of low disgraceful behaviour from Parramatta fans?

They are the most disgusting sporting fans in the country.

7k Turn up at there OWN ground for a GF replay. Pathetic isnt a strong enough word for a parramatta fan.

Wait until you cheats head to manly, bulldogs and other games. You merkins will cope the same treatment.

spiderdan

Bench
directing abuse at a kid is one (low act of) a thing but the mum having a go at fans at a game where every person and there dog knew there would be hostility directed at players is another. i can't believe the way she is being pampered because she couldn't move to a subdued area.

unfortunately the kid started crying. maybe she should be more worried about her son idolising a player that constantly sledges players (the corey patterson stuff was real low) or the low acts he throws in that could injure other players. maybe she could explain to her kid why he shouldn't have such a wanker for a role model.

i might take my 5yo niece to a game and claim she started crying to see if i can score a corporate box at homebush.

bennoonthehill

Juniors

way to not bother reading the whole thread champ :lol:

while its disappointing the kid left the game upset, the father should not have had such a young child out of the alcohol free zone. if my daughter develops an interest in the game (she's 2), there's no way i'll be taking her to the main hill at brooky, where i currently stand. i'll show some some common sense and responsibility and take the kid to where there will be no yobbos. its not rocket science.

Bazal

Post Whore
If the story is true, and without having read the whole thread yet...

Firstly-Why take the kid into that atmosphere in a Storm jersey? What a stupid thing to do, every club has it's dero's and given beer is served at games the scumbags reveal themselves quite readily. Given they cheated us out of a premiership the atmosphere was always going to be hugely anti-Storm and while the fans don't deserve it, they were always going to be caught in the crossfire.

Secondly-Why not report it to security? There are heaps of them roaming around, you can be ejected for that sort of behaviour at Parramatta for sure as well as most if not all NRL stadiums. Why not report the merkins? They don't deserve to be at the game, security is there to remove them from the game, do the maths...

Thirdly-Don't whinge to the radio, Parramatta has a very approachable and reasonable administration staff and CEO. I myself have received email from Osborne's address in response to a general query, I'm sure he could have found the time to address the issue and perhaps even try and identify the offenders and sanction them from future games...

The kid didn't deserve what happened if it did happen....but his mother sounds like an A grade moron too. I should also mention that thanks to the weather and our performance the week before there were over ten thousand empty seats...is it so hard to simply move away from the morons?

Iafeta

Referee
If you are stupid enough to wear a cheetahs jumper to this game you would have to expect this to happen, so stop whinging.

A kid would deserve that?? What a keyboard hero you are.

IF that did happen, then I think that is pretty ordinary behaviour.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Firstly-Why take the kid into that atmosphere in a Storm jersey? What a stupid thing to do, every club has it's dero's and given beer is served at games the scumbags reveal themselves quite readily. Given they cheated us out of a premiership the atmosphere was always going to be hugely anti-Storm and while the fans don't deserve it, they were always going to be caught in the crossfire.

Secondly-Why not report it to security? There are heaps of them roaming around, you can be ejected for that sort of behaviour at Parramatta for sure as well as most if not all NRL stadiums. Why not report the merkins? They don't deserve to be at the game, security is there to remove them from the game, do the maths...

Thirdly-Don't whinge to the radio, Parramatta has a very approachable and reasonable administration staff and CEO. I myself have received email from Osborne's address in response to a general query, I'm sure he could have found the time to address the issue and perhaps even try and identify the offenders and sanction them from future games...

The kid didn't deserve what happened if it did happen....but his mother sounds like an A grade moron too. I should also mention that thanks to the weather and our performance the week before there were over ten thousand empty seats...is it so hard to simply move away from the morons?

It;s not

the OP was wrong. see below

The mother was on 2gb today.

1.She stated the gutter language was not directly aimed at her kid but storm people in general.

2.Her kid become upset at language and threats hurled at his favourite player billy slater.and melbourne fans i

It would be real dissapointing to think any eel fan would be pleased to see any kid distressed no matter what jersey there wearing

The nrl and 2gb have organized game tickets for the family

pantherz9103

First Grade
Most Eels fans I've met have been decent but I've had a few experiences with them swearing at me in the past and trying to pick a fight with me just because I was wearing a Penrith jersey even though I just minding my own business. But you always get jerks, I've seen worse behaviour from Bulldogs fans still and their are bogans from Penrith that are annoying. All teams have a few cretins as fans.

Its very low to be swearing at a kid though. Zero class from those Eels fans.

drake

First Grade
way to not bother reading the whole thread champ :lol:

while its disappointing the kid left the game upset, the father should not have had such a young child out of the alcohol free zone. if my daughter develops an interest in the game (she's 2), there's no way i'll be taking her to the main hill at brooky, where i currently stand. i'll show some some common sense and responsibility and take the kid to where there will be no yobbos. its not rocket science.
I have 4 kids between 16 and 4, and have never taken them to the booze zone of a game.

Doesn't change the fact that the abuser is an absolute gronk who can't moderate his mouth when he's sniffed a few shanties.

It's the alcohol free zone, not the Be A Braindead Moron zone. If you can't handle your alcohol, don't drink.

If you're any kind of parent 'champ' I wouldn't take your daughter to Brookvale; it's full of Manly supporters. :p

Perth Red

Post Whore
got to love the blame the victim mentality of some peopleon here! You should be able to take your kid and sit wherever the frick you like, no wonder only 7K turned up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
got to love the blame the victim mentality of some peopleon here! You should be able to take your kid and sit wherever the frick you like, no wonder only 7K turned up.

and that's the reason why 7k turned up?? :?

it had nothing at all to do with the down pour we had for 36 hours straight??

you're a f**kwit..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i might take my 5yo niece to a game and claim she started crying to see if i can score a corporate box at homebush.

Exactly mate.

I woudln't be surprised if they didn't deliberately dress the kid up in Storm gear and take him to the game knowing he would get upset when Silly Billy cops some abuse.

The Western world has a hard-on for playing the victim these days - it's like the last revenge of the whiny bitch. As long as we keep trying to empower victims, people will keep looking for opportunities to be one. Just like this poor excuse for a mother.

simostorm

Bench
Must be just me, but has happend at Brookvale,ANZ Stadium,SFS,Shark Park,Lang Park,etc.

So your saying you see Kids gettin abuse thrown at them at all these other places? And you stand by and just watch it happen i suppose?

:shock::shock::shock:

Someone

Bench
So your saying you see Kids gettin abuse thrown at them at all these other places? And you stand by and just watch it happen i suppose?

As already stated, the kid wasnt even abused. Mate dont you read any of the posts? Or are you to busy sooking and creating fights...

f**k off troll.

beave

Coach

I will slow it down for you, you f**king amoeba.

READ THE WHOLE f**kING THREAD

simostorm

Bench

1. A person has every right to attend whatever game he likes doesnt he?
If its at the stage in which certain ppl cant attend other clubs games due to risk. Then that is a disgrace. Plus its a GF rematch. This is a HUGE event. the AFL would pull 90k to the MCG for this. Sydney ppl treat it as tho its nothing. Poor.

2. Report it and do what? Move to another seat? It wasnt coming from just one area, from what ive been told the abuse and poor behaviour was almost everywhere. Disgraceful.

3. Good on them for reporting it and lettin everyone know what merkins the parramatta fans are.

The mother sounds like a moron? She / He whoever took the kid to the game. Just left with the kid, doin the right thing by them.. good on them. So they should.. afterall its there young KID you idiot.

Parramatta.. doin there bit for the good of the game :lol:

simostorm

Bench
:lol::lol::lol: love seeing how you's try and justify this absolute disgraceful act from parramatta fans. This scenerio is deadset worse and more damaging to Rugby League then what yous think Storm being over the cap has done.