What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the players give a rats?

carcharias

Immortal
Lately there has been a fair bit of wrist slitting and just as much re fluffing to counter-act the slitting going on in here.

So do they care about winning ?
Do they care as much as we seem to?

Well after last weeks loss to The Storm Channel 9 did a quick flash to the change rooms.

...I must say...they didn't look like a bunch of blokes who dont care .

Greg Bird looked devastated...so did Noddy.
Even before they game Dykes was looking very focused.
Vagana was laughing about something ...no suprise there.

when you put things into perspective ..they didn't play all that badly...in fact I thought they played well.
Even Raper said he was proud of them.

The bounce of the ball went against us .
Noddy's fugged kick ended in a try to them.
We had the ball stripped ...the ref said scrum their feed, and they scored.
We let in a soft try from a push over/arsey behind the head ball put down.

On top of that they were white hot ...I can't see them getting too much better this year.
Inglis is coming back sure ...sometimes too many good players bring the team down.

I thought we would get 40 + put on us.

So

I say yes ....they give a rats.

don't worry I wont be sucking any players knobs just yet.
I just think they have heaps of improvement in them.
...however ...the time is now.

Fin077

Juniors
Sure they give a rats.

As carch said, some of the boys looked like the lost a semi after Friday nights game. To me, that showed they're fair dinkum.

However, they can't just focus on beating the comp front runners. They need to stay focussed for another two months, especially against sides below us on the table such a Penrith, NZ, Parra and Canberra.

I think the time to step up is 7:30pm Friday. Get the monkey (and the meida) off our back and show this comp that we havent gone away.

GO YOU SHARKIES GO!!

Vagana was laughing about something ...no suprise there.

He was either laughing about the amount of money he milked from the Sharks for doing fug all, or the amount of money he'll milk from the Bunnies for doing fug all.

Macca

Coach
The emotions of each individual would vary but on the whole I think they certainly are giving their best.

4 out of 6.

The Dodger

First Grade
well, my concern is, is that some players try well when it comes to contract renewals, but after they get what they want, they lose all their motivation.

only a few look like they have done this. not so much this year either.

They do.. but frustration and disappointment are very close together.

I haven't seen the footage you lads are referring too.. but disappointment is positive, frustration is a little scarier imo.

If the boys are frustrated, we're in for another long few weeks.

Fin077

Juniors
They do.. but frustration and disappointment are very close together.

I haven't seen the footage you lads are referring too.. but disappointment is positive, frustration is a little scarier imo.

If the boys are frustrated, we're in for another long few weeks.

Good point Gregos,....Lets hope it's not (or doesn't become) frustration.

spider

Coach
They do care. They try but its not coming off as a team performance. They need to focus their passion and committment into a team performance and not one out stuff on the individual front.

You could see it in their face after the loss. I hope this provides big things come friday night against the Knights.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The last play, Dykes got the ball with nothing on & nobody to help.
Whistle went & he threw the ball down in complete disgust/frustration etc.

Easy t oread what he was thinking.

he gets into half & gives the ball wide with fast crisp service, trying to get the ball to centres. Gets to noddy , now at 5/8, stops. or inside ball.
Positions swap, by the time Noddy gives dykes ball, he has faked an inside pass, scratched his arss, argued with the ref, kneed the play the ball in the head & the defense is on top of dykes with nowhere for him or runners to go.
On top of that, Kingas & Pomms disgraceful dummy half efforts.

Macca

Coach
Dykes throws plenty of inside balls too.

The deficiencies of both players are almost equal, yet you see only one's.

eMPee

Juniors
i seem to remember it wasnt untill after dykes had a go at first reciever, when noddy swapped back he reverted to his older style of play. For the most part noddy was giving his outside runners pleanty of 'early' ball reefy.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dykes didnt play first receiver.
he was just a bit player for noddys game, & got noddy standing 1 wider, where he played exactly the same game.
Dykes did not have a crack from first receiver at all. Why? I don't know.

& I really have to ask, "reverted", as in you think he actuially did something different? Please send me the time code!!!!!

pogo

Juniors
tell me again is it four out of five losses since shire wonder boy dykes returned to the side?

souths must be salivating!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Simplistic ideas, for simple people.

you should also get your cholestorol checked Pogo.
When you repeat your self(in this case, I think it is word for word repeat of about 10 other of your posts) it means a build up of fats in the major arteries goign towards the brain.
this causes memory loss & early indicators of this process is repeating yourself.
Your constant use of that annoying icon & repetiveness on certain issues, should have you worried.
check up time.

pogo

Juniors
tell me again is it four losses out of five since the shire wonder boy dykes:)crazy:) has returned to the side?

its a tough question backflip !