What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

The people who want you to believe da is a shit coach, are the ones that sacked him. They had f**k all reason too, and had to justify there decision. They were, and remain f**kwits to this day. They destroyed any chance we had of sending our legends out as winners. They are the reason we 'earned' the spoons, not SK not RS.

Oh shut up Daniel Anderson we know it's you. You got a payout back then and now you have a management job stop whinging!!!!

IFR33K

Coach
In the press too. Pricey said last night that Ando was a loser and had achieved NOTHIN in the time that he was at the club. He must have missed that grand final. :roll:

Well I clearly recall an article in the DT in 2010, where pricey bagged the f**k out of melb for the salary cap rorts, and he demanded they bring the trophy to parra stadium and award it to parra if they won there friday night clash (which they did), as parra are the real champs of 2009. He may of have forgotten he said that.

Bigfella

Coach
This.

The people who want you to believe da is a shit coach, are the ones that sacked him. They had f**k all reason too, and had to justify there decision. They were, and remain f**kwits to this day. They destroyed any chance we had of sending our legends out as winners. They are the reason we 'earned' the spoons, not SK not RS.

There is juvenile scapegoat mentality at its finest.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, good point.
After Taylor knocked him back, he showed outstanding leadership in taking what was left.

He generated enough public interest in the possibility of Arthur as coach that when Taylor tried asking for concessions it was easy for the board to change their minds.

Without going public, the board might never have become aware just how much the players (allegedly including Will Hopoate), as well as players at other clubs (so, potential recruits) prefer Brad Arthur. In coaching, reputation is everything.

But maybe we ended up with the best result out of all the schemozzle? Time will tell I guess...

Time will tell us nothing. Whatever results Brad Arthur achieves, it is always possible that Jason Taylor would have done better.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He generated enough public interest in the possibility of Arthur as coach that when Taylor tried asking for concessions it was easy for the board to change their minds.

Without going public, the board might never have become aware just how much the players (allegedly including Will Hopoate), as well as players at other clubs (so, potential recruits) prefer Brad Arthur. In coaching, reputation is everything.

Even if it was a massive stuff up, he's recovered well from it.

Time will tell us nothing. Whatever results Brad Arthur achieves, it is always possible that Jason Taylor would have done better.

It's also possible that Taylor could've had a "Nate Myles" type incident :lol:

Gronk

Staff member

What if he wins the comp 5 years in a row ?

Well I clearly recall an article in the DT in 2010, where pricey bagged the f**k out of melb for the salary cap rorts, and he demanded they bring the trophy to parra stadium and award it to parra if they won there friday night clash (which they did), as parra are the real champs of 2009. He may of have forgotten he said that.

I also recall a journalist asking Anderson what was behind the amazing run in 2009? Anderson's response was answered like a hillbilly bogan dunce: "ummmm I dunno"

IFR33K

Coach
I also recall a journalist asking Anderson what was behind the amazing run in 2009? Anderson's response was answered like a hillbilly bogan dunce: "ummmm I dunno"

I think his answer was a little more than 'I dunno'. But you're right, he should of coughed up the reason for our success. He should of rang the coaches of the other 15 teams, and gave them a heads up of what to expect.

Gronk

Staff member
Small minds love a scapegoat mate. The concept of a complicated world where people operate under constraints is too much for them. They need somebody to blame.

I see you have positioned yourself on the opposite pole of those with small minds. ME will watch you like a hawk from now on and pounce, should you blame anyone for anything.

Be afraid merkin.

216261f7730c.gif

IFR33K

Coach
What? And he should believe that because you're ramming it down his throat on here??

Just saying :sarcasm:

No, he can look at DA's coaching record and make his own mind up. Or we can do it the tough way, sack DA and employ a rookie and see how that pans out. Oh wait...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see you have positioned yourself on the opposite pole of those with small minds. ME will watch you like a hawk from now on and pounce, should you blame anyone for anything.

Be afraid merkin.

216261f7730c.gif

I already blamed Hindy's leadership for our poor form last year but merkins completely missed the point.

I doubt ME would be so stupid but we both know he will pretend to.

Bigfella

Coach
I think his answer was a little more than 'I dunno'. But you're right, he should of coughed up the reason for our success. He should of rang the coaches of the other 15 teams, and gave them a heads up of what to expect.

Yes he sure should of.

I wish i wasn't a dumb f**k because that looks like year two grammar by a kid who missed the first couple of years of school with a mystery virus.

Do you give tuition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts