What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella

Coach
Having a decent discussion here and surprise surprise, the usual forum morons turn up. Fmd

LOL.

It's all fun while everyone agrees with you then you have a meltdown because a few people disagree with you.

I know who's trying to ram what down whose throat by the way...

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So will all the people who turned on DA now suddenly change their tune?

They will look pretty silly if they do. But they will look pretty silly if they don't.

Decisions decisions merkins....

IFR33K

Coach
Yes he sure should of.

I wish i wasn't a dumb f**k because that looks like year two grammar by a kid who missed the first couple of years of school with a mystery virus.

Do you give tuition?

Oh, the grammar police.

Yeah, I did miss school, but it's because I was an alcoholic and depressed.

My bad.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
So will all the people who turned on DA now suddenly change their tune?

They will look pretty silly if they do. But they will look pretty silly if they don't.

Decisions decisions merkins....

I could imagine half of them running up to him in the leagues club, asking him for a photo and telling him what a marvelous job he's doing.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
The single greatest facet of Anderson's (reported) appointment is watching all you merkins continue the same argument you've been having for the last four years.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Brad-Arthur-Ive-Always-Wanted-to-Coach-Parramatta/86066

Brad Arthur: I've Always Wanted to Coach Parramatta
Hugh Humphreys

Thursday 17 October 2013 7:00 AM

Brad Arthur knows this week's family holiday to Bali is likely the last break he'll get in awhile.

Having just been appointed the Head Coach at the Parramatta Eels for the next three seasons, Arthur is aware of the mammoth task ahead of him.

But he's ready to rise to the challenge.

"I'm coming to Parramatta because the people who employed me think I can turn the team into a winning, competitive side every week," he said.

"And I wouldn't be taking the job if I wasn't coming there to win. We want to have long term plans and long term success, but at the end of the day it's all about 2014, and come Round One, we need to have the same common goal and that's to win games of football."

Arthur will make his return to the Blue and Gold after a year as Assistant Coach at the Manly Sea Eagles that ended with a narrow Grand Final loss.

"It's like a homecoming, 100 percent," he admits.

"I never had to think about the job, I've always wanted to coach Parramatta."

"The Blue and Gold has been a part of me for a long time; I played all my junior footy in the area, I played Junior Reps, then I played in the lower grades at the club, and then went away and came back as assistant and got six weeks as a coach."

"It's been a lot of hard work but I've thoroughly enjoyed it. And my kids play in the local area for the Rouse Hill Rhinos, so everything about it is a great fit for me."

Arthur has also been described as a "great fit" for the club by CEO Scott Seward, who says the players are looking forward to getting stuck into pre-season training with Brad at the helm.

"We've had a very positive reaction from the players, we've had a number of calls from them already, very supportive of the decision made, and they're eager to get back into it and start 2014," Seward said.

Arthur says that kind of backing from the players is crucial in order to building a successful football team.

"To have the belief and know that they trust me and what I'm about is a good head start, but I've got to work hard to continue to earn that respect and have them believe in me and know what I'm about," he said.

"And likewise I've got to trust what they're about, and value their opinions and beliefs and [find out] what sort of footy team and club they want to be."

After the Eels have 'won' two consecutive wooden spoons, Arthur says the first thing on his agenda is to align the players' attitudes with his.

"Number one - we need to establish as a group what their expectations are of me, what my expectations are of them; and where we want to head and work out how we're going to do that," he said.

"When we start playing, we need to have the same belief that every other team has - in Round One we're on zero points with everyone else, and our aim needs to be to make the top eight."

"And I see no reason why we can't do that. We're not going to win every game, but we need to make sure that that's the commitment and that's the end result we need to achieve."

Looking at the playing roster for 2014, which will include new signings Will Hopoate, Nathan Peats, Justin Hunt and British import Lee Mossop, Arthur is impressed by the emerging talent wearing the Eels jersey.

"The new players all come from different clubs and different systems, and will bring different strengths, different ideas, different training intensities; and then we've got the senior players in Tim [Mannah], Mitch [Allgood], Ben [Smith] and Jarryd [Hayne], who have been there and know what the club's about," Arthur said.

"Then you have the young boys coming through like Semi [Radradra], Peni [Terepo] and Kelepi [Tanginoa]; with the average age of the squad only about 23 years old, the future looks bright!"

BennyBoy

Juniors
Seems the definition of "United" has now been redefined to mean a united pro-da front V's anyone that doesn't agree with them. Oh the hypocrisy of it all, you merkins are hilarious :lol::lol:

Bigfella

Coach
Nine coverage very disappointing.

Unfairly editorialised the same interview published in the paper today.

Ran with an angle that Arthur's was ducking up to hayne because his support got him the job.
That line was then not supported by the actual quotes in any way.

Just rubbish.

IFR33K

Coach
Channel 7, BA stated he wants hayne to remain an eel for life. Hayne was happy with the appointment. They also asked hayne about DA, and hayne said it'd be good to have da back. Said he knows his footy and has good ideas.

Last edited:

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Well mate that is your opinion.

I am finding it interesting, especially the comments of say Ray Price, who said of FSN "What has Daniel Anderson won?" or words to that affect.

Well in 2006 he won the Double in the UK. (Challenge Cup and Premiership) with Saints,

He won 2 more challenge cups at the Saints in 2007 and 2008 as well as making 2 more grand finals in 2007 and 2008 and losing both

He got the Warriors to their first final series in 2001 and then first grand final in 2002, and he got us to a miracle grand final in 2009, he is a Parramatta man and that is the reason a large number on this forum wanted him to replace Hagan in 2009.

His Premier League side in 1999 won the Title at Parramatta, and racked up a fantastic score in the Grand Final that year.

Now there are some that say he has issues with Polynessian players, but most are unhappy with him letting Mateo and Inu go in 2010 and picking up Carl Webb and Casey Maguire. That may be fair criticism, but he was also chasing a class half, until he was white anted by Osbourne.

He knows the old Parramatta System that used to produce many top class players. If he can get that system rocking again and Nolan can get us to keep the right ones we might be inline for plenty of home grown success with these two in charge of the club.

Do I think BA could be a Top down coach like Smith and Anderson, no, not yet so with DA looking after football operations I am sure things will be well looked after.

Relax MITS I don't necessarily agree with Price either that was way over the top on his behalf.

Ratchy

Juniors
Took Warriors to 1st semi final In his first year.

Took warriors to 1st GF in second year.

Took warriors to another final series in third year.

Has a fallout and is sacked in his fourth year. Warriors than fail to makes finals for four or so years.

Pretty good record if you ask me.

Won some comps in England, and set up the academy there. Left to return home.

We all know what happened at the eels, no need going down that path again.

No doubting the guy knows his footy. Anyone stating otherwise has NFI.

Part of coaching is man or player management skills something that it seems his piss poor at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts