What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels greats stage coup talks - Sun-Herald

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I do not disagree with you. Fitzy had to go. Having said that I do believe that his goal was always Parra 1st. There are others in power now who seem to be putting themselves, aliances with media organisations and other agenda ahead of the team and that is obvioulsy screwing us ATM.

We have a rat(s) in the ranks.

I agree.

El Diablo

Post Whore
this coud be good as the players seem pissed with current board. maybe that is why it was leaked

funny how it somehow ended up in a fairfax paper instead of the current faucet of choice news limited the last thing in the world we need is a headline war between two rival media companies with the eels stuck in the middle

Last edited:

sooty

Juniors
I wonder if sevens can shed some light on the article.

After listening to 2ky this morning mention was made that a reporter had spoken to Fitzgerald this morning and he offered a "no comment" on the article neither confirming or denying his role. Perhaps 3P and ozzie could learn that sentence "no comment" to the media in the near future. From the sound of it Fitzy is up to this or is aware of the origins of the article. I can suggest a couple of names who would be candidates and they certainly rank amongst the eels all times great. Wynn, Bear O Reilly and The crow would be my tips and all are reasonable mates with Fitzy.

bartman

Immortal
I wonder if sevens can shed some light on the article.
I'd assume sevens' response would be the usual rose coloured glasses view on 3P, keeping the cheerleaders happy... claiming that everything's fine, having a few shots at Fitzy and at the past, and then refusing to acknowledge that 3P is responsible for their promises made that weren't delivered.

The fact this came via a leak is indeed ironic - but for this fan at least (and perhaps some of the players?) it's a "positive" leak - one that helps you think that amateur hour may be coming to an end, and without the return to Fitzy.

The platform of concerns (dot points in the article) are a great start - I would happily support any group of "playing legends" running on that basis. Glad some people with passion might be trying to rectify what has happened on the current lot's watch (since Price, Kenny and Grothe don't seem to hold any sway against the property people).

bartman

Immortal
After listening to 2ky this morning mention was made that a reporter had spoken to Fitzgerald this morning and he offered a "no comment" on the article neither confirming or denying his role. Perhaps 3P and ozzie could learn that sentence "no comment" to the media in the near future. From the sound of it Fitzy is up to this or is aware of the origins of the article. I can suggest a couple of names who would be candidates and they certainly rank amongst the eels all times great. Wynn, Bear O Reilly and The crow would be my tips and all are reasonable mates with Fitzy.
I think Cronin is quoted as not being part of the meeting of 10?

If Fitzy wants back in, I hope he stands as a candidate just by himself. That way if enough people want to vote for him they will. For the sake of democracy, I hope this ex-players ticket is a separate alternative to Fitzy and 3P put forward, so the members can make a real choice.

I also hope Sterlo is involved (even only behind the scenes). He's always been much smarter than Price, Bert and Guru, and would bring more to the table for the benefit of our club.

Suitman

Post Whore
The fact this came via a leak is indeed ironic - but for this fan at least (and perhaps some of the players?) it's a "positive" leak -

This is one point in which I agree with you. Every board MUST be held accountable, but that couldn't/can't happen unless there was an alternative ticket.
If this "other" group gets off the ground, 3P will indeed be feeling the heat, and that's what should happen.

Suity

ParraAds

Juniors
What a joke this board is... these clowns had their chance and have muffed it badly.

Reminds me of the ALP really... all rosey to begin with and then the true colours shine through and the people finally wake up and see how things really are.

Good riddance.

Stagger eel

Staff member

I wouldn't imagine the crow would be involved..

definitely Hilditch, Ed Sulkawitz, John Kolc and Steve Edge...imo.

SDM

First Grade
Fitzy was so toxic a bag of horse sh*t could have won the last election. I will admit I supported 3p and was duped big time, they are a disgrace.

sooty

Juniors
I wouldn't imagine the crow would be involved..

definitely Hilditch, Ed Sulkawitz, John Kolc and Steve Edge...imo.

I can see it now stagger Fitzy team rewins at the election John Kolc reinstated as facilities manager and Jumbo chidiac retrenched on a big dollar payout. Can it get any lower hope the pokies are buzzing at the moment as the Parra revolving door will be spun off its hinges.

fish eel

Immortal
TBH I actually think, for the most part the club has been ticking along pretty well off field.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can see it now stagger Fitzy team rewins at the election John Kolc reinstated as facilities manager and Jumbo chidiac retrenched on a big dollar payout. Can it get any lower hope the pokies are buzzing at the moment as the Parra revolving door will be spun off its hinges.

lol..jumbo!

not funny mate :sarcasm:

ParraAds

Juniors

LOL @ Chidiac...

The good news for the current board is that all millions of dollars being borrowed for this refurbishment will likely be someone elses problem once they are voted out.

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Hmmm.....AGM's where a particular ethnic group gets pandered to , an attempt to get more fans who's background originates from the sub-continent - to come to games, a call now to get rid of 3P , and comments suggesting they bring back Fitzy - lol.....from an outsider watching this comedy , it seems that everyone wants to ride the wandwagon for when the eels finally win something....maybe when mr spaghetti from horsely park finally gets controlf the leagues' club eateries , then maybe the true agenda will become obvious, and the real footy/business people can run the joint...just give "the spaniard" ( yes , i know hes italian),control of tingha palace on a loooooong lease , and watch them step aside to let real business people run the show....

Hey SRB Sea Eagle,

Mate, Mr Spaghetti is not the one involved with eateries, that is the other italian, also involved with Bankstown Sports.

Uncle Leo

Juniors
very distablizing for the club all this change, but whats happening is effecting the on field.
The question is do we give them another term to sort it out or do we punt them depending on the alternative of coarse.
I just like for one week not to be linked to some high profile player that really is no hope of coming or reading in the papers that so and so is under pressure to hold his job weather it be a coach or ceo or board member. The board need to find the source for the leaks and punt him to show that the club won't tolerate it.

Perhaps they should start at the top??!!!!!:sarcasm::crazy:

Latest posts