What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
At some point the public is going to twig that this is just a desperate attempt at bringing down the club, or just printing mis-information just to get clicks/sell papers right?

It will have to happen eventually, the public will smell the witch hunt, won't they?

hybrideel

Bench
FB_IMG_1461671926451_zpse3rabhyx.jpg

Nice response by Parra (though the average league fan will never see it or know the story has been totally debunked).
I think this is News Ltds way of saying to Greenburg & the NRL "we are not going away, we are going to continue digging for leaks, give us what we want or we will turn on you".
Yep 100%.
Burn the Eels or we'll burn you.
Also keeps the NRL busy while they shred all the evidence at other clubs which News has vested interest in.
Don't worry they'll stop soon, a federal election is just around the corner and News will make sure that who ever they want to run the country does.

Noise

Coach
At some point the public is going to twig that this is just a desperate attempt at bringing down the club, or just printing mis-information just to get clicks/sell papers right?

It will have to happen eventually, the public will smell the witch hunt, won't they?

Nope. Every non Parra fan (even Parra fans that don't dig deeper) I speak to is convinced we are going to lose a shit load of points because of the ever increasing crap in the papers. The more that gets reported the more everyone thinks we are guilty.

Or maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

The fact that these guys are carrying on like a bunch of tools doesn't mean that we've done nothing wrong.

We'll find out I guess.

Nope. Every non Parra fan (even Parra fans that don't dig deeper) I speak to is convinced we are going to lose a shit load of points because of the ever increasing crap in the papers. The more that gets reported the more everyone thinks we are guilty.
Yes same here, everybody is saying we are screwed and we'll have to play for no points like the Storm did and won't listen when i try to explain it's nothing even near what the Storm did it's only a couple of 3rd party deals and don't believe the newspapers.
Long as the NRL block out the media and do their own investigation then i think we will be pretty right. But if they are worried about public perception based on the newspaper reports then we are screwed and it will end up in court if that happens in my opinion.

ash411

Bench
Yes same here, everybody is saying we are screwed and we'll have to play for no points like the Storm did and won't listen when i try to explain it's nothing even near what the Storm did it's only a couple of 3rd party deals and don't believe the newspapers.
Long as the NRL block out the media and do their own investigation then i think we will be pretty right. But if they are worried about public perception based on the newspaper reports then we are screwed and it will end up in court if that happens in my opinion.

If they even take one word of what is printed in the media into consideration (without supporting evidence of course), or if they make a decision based on what the media will do after they make that decision, then the NRL instantly lose all credibility.

They may as well ask the telegraph who they think should be premiers and just give that team the trophy.

Dibs

Bench
The fact that they have come out and made a statement saying this current story is wrong and haven't done the same for others suggest that some of them may be true

84 Baby

Referee
The fact that they have come out and made a statement saying this current story is wrong and haven't done the same for others suggest that some of them may be true

Or that the couldn't be assed sending out release saying Telecrap is wrong every 3 seconds

84 Baby

Referee
Or maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

The fact that these guys are carrying on like a bunch of tools doesn't mean that we've done nothing wrong.

We'll find out I guess.

It's been a fishing exercise from day dot. A real judicial authority wouldn't stand for speculative investigation that the speculatory media have been suggesting

Let's not place all the blame on the media, someone leaked it as well, someone with inside info and where there is smoke their is fire as saying goes.
The Media have turned it into something much bigger than it is but if someone inside didn't leak them info then this would be no story at all.

Lethal

Juniors
Raaayyy blowing up now. Says he can reveal the punishment will be handed down next week and the penalty will be "savage".

Status
Not open for further replies.