What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team vs. Manly

lingard

Coach
No, seriously; what does 'we got dis' mean? Because if it means anything sensible I'm thinking of using it. (At home mainly, until I gain confidence with it, and then gradually I'll slip it in when I go to work or to the pub or maybe at other social events.)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, seriously; what does 'we got dis' mean?

"We (have) got this."

Specifically that the speaker is quite confident that his or her group either has a stressful situation under control, or that they have a marked advantage in a particular competitive endeavour.

Eelogical

Referee
"We (have) got this."

Specifically that the speaker is quite confident that his or her group either has a stressful situation under control, or that they have a marked advantage in a particular competitive endeavour.

More so, it's rhetorical. Most likely, it is a term used by a generation that relies on social media to communicate on all levels. In extreme cases some can even be reluctant to use a space between sentences, though this is in the relative minority these days.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What are you on about? I'm nearly 40 and I rely on social media to communicate on all levels. I email with my boss, co-workers and minions, and I watch my daughter growing up through videos my wife sends me on WhatsApp.

Still got time for correct grammar but.

Noise

Coach
What are you on about? I'm nearly 40 and I rely on social media to communicate on all levels. I email with my boss, co-workers and minions, and I watch my daughter growing up through videos my wife sends me on WhatsApp.

And you use to tweet Peatsy....until the falling out

Parra Pride

Referee
'Round these parts, "we got dis" is used to signify a BM level of confidence in one's team. It usually ends in us losing I've found.

yy_cheng

Coach

is your wife called pee pee?

yy_cheng

Coach
It's either Gower or Peats.

But the way I see it, Kelly will all of sudden get a leg injury and Sandow will come into the team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I really don't remember. I think it might have been something to do with other drivers on the road or something. For someone with a profile he has a lot of growing up to do.

He calls a spade a spade and an inconsiderate driver a genius. Just as long as he doesn't call them late for dinner.

Latest posts