What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team vs. Manly

Eelementary

Post Whore
Exactly right.I try telling people how in league if you give up 16 points turns into 40 points very fast. It starts with the captain (reason why I want Peats)
When you see someone chasing down a guy 100mtrs who is going to score anyhows you may think its a waste of time-But it is showing a never say die attitude.

Put up our team and you se a bunch of quiet laid back guys.There is no Ennis personality or Gallen.We have no leader.We need guys who want to win.And take there career serious.Why I like Morgan.And we can bag Sandow out but he is passionate.
It will take time but I hope Manu Mau and K.Edwards become vocal.

Some excellent points, my friend, but may I chime in with some food for thought?

Your namesake displayed that attitude and passion, and was eventually our captain, and we still displayed the same sort of crappy attitude we are showing to this day...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good points.

And your last paragraph explains why I was so angry after Saturday - we were right in the game at halftime, and then quit. It's infuriating.

In his interview, Peatsy seemed surprised and quite unimpressed with the capitulation.

But I'm not giving up.

Me neither mate, and neither is Peatsy, I'll give you the hot tip.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Sandow's the only bloke we could justify bringing in at the moment (based on Wenty's lineup this week), and if we did, why telegraph it this early in the week?

yeh, because Manly would be shaking in their boots all week if he was named this early

the official team

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Semi Radradra
3. William Hopoate
4. Willie Tonga
5. Vai Toutai
6. Corey Norman
7. Luke Kelly
8. Tim Mannah
9. Nathan Peats
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Ben Smith
12. Manu Ma'u
13. Ken Edwards

14. Joseph Paulo 15. Kelepi Tanginoa 16. Peni Terepo 17. Mitchell Allgood 18. David Gower

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-nrl-teams-2014-round-3

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
In his interview, Peatsy seemed surprised and quite unimpressed with the capitulation.

Me neither mate, and neither is Peatsy, I'll give you the hot tip.

I've been very impressed every time I've heard Peats speak. I think your story about him being impressive in the army training drills explains why - he's a mentally tough competitor who hates losing. Big fan of his.

Was hoping to see Sandow and Jnr Paulo amongst others get in the squad but I believe the same team deserves another chance. My patience will run out if we get pumped again. Enough is enough. Some of our players need to be let go.

strider

Post Whore
brad arthur is no different to any other coach - he will go with whoever he backed to start the season for weeks

lingard

Coach
Kelly is not even a poor mans Kris Keating, but no doubt the club is trying to offload a huge chuck of salary cap

Can't see another reason to keep the best 7 off the field

You used to bang on about Jeff Robson not being a first grader - and you were wrong about that, too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
brad arthur is no different to any other coach - he will go with whoever he backed to start the season for weeks

The first grade side is decided during the months of training and assessment that happens during pre-season. If they perform poorly you know that the merkins in reserve grade wouldn't have done any better.

strider

Post Whore
The first grade side is decided during the months of training and assessment that happens during pre-season. If they perform poorly you know that the merkins in reserve grade wouldn't have done any better.

and perhaps a hint of pre-conceived ideas from past associations

lingard

Coach
It is either one of three things this early in the season.
0) wants to build combinations and that takes time and consistency;
1) doesn't believe any of the reggies can make the step up;
2) doesn't want to introduce any 2nd tier players this early in the season;
3) wants to make the guys that got flogged redeem themselves

4) Probably sees that getting flogged by the best side in the NRL - against a string of penalties; one of the lowest possession counts I have ever seen; and without your dummy half and best defender - is not any real cause for alarm.

lingard

Coach
Was hoping to see Sandow and Jnr Paulo amongst others get in the squad but I believe the same team deserves another chance. My patience will run out if we get pumped again. Enough is enough. Some of our players need to be let go.

Seriously, what do you think Sandow would have done on Saturday with a 34% possession count against him? He's apparently playing really well in Wenty. Big deal.

strider

Post Whore
Mate, I prefer Sandow but I don't think Luke Kelly deserves to be dropped. He is a much better defender than Sandow and has a better passing game.

i agree - i wouldn't drop him just yet either

i probably wouldn't have started the season with him tho

Latest posts