What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex-Warriors NRL performance thread

playdaball

Bench
Ex Warriors such as the guys below would walk into the Warriors 17 at the moment, although SK probably wouldn’t select them:

CNK
SJ
Townsend
Tof
Latimore
Taukeiaho
Gavet?

playdaball

Bench
RFM
Shaun Lane
And I also rate Ofahiki Ogden

Throw in Billy Toupo and big Konnie too, both going okay in England now.

Shane Endicott, Fluff Beverley & Mark Toovey could get a run as well.

The Fish is back playing for the Ellerslie Eagles , throw him in the mix too.

Holy cow - I’ve had the same signature for a few years now - still very much relevant today.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
We absolutely wasted a shining talent in place of two plonkers at centre.

McFudd obviously rates CNK which to me speaks volumes on what little say he had with us.
To be fair he had a huge crush on Kata

vvvrulz

Coach
Foran apparently had his best game in years and then busted his ankle and is out for weeks.

I was furious with his lack of effot here, but man that's unlucky.

TheDMC

Bench
I was watching Packer and Matulino close last night versus Broncos as hadn't followed them in ages. Massive game, but both were pretty average, barely any meters, no offloads, and not big minutes. Muts did make a lot of tackles. Luckily they have some dynamic locks/2nd rowers...especially that Matterson chap.

vvvrulz

Coach
Admittedly without seeing very closely, but every time I see them in orange I feel like they had their best years with us under Uncle Ivan.

Funny because it’s usually the other way.

sup42

Juniors
Packer lost a lot of weight and built a nice prison build, that was a real kick in the nuts knowing what a slob he was here.

Dude shouldnt have peed on the Broncos grass, place used to be a grave yard, bad mojo for a Maori, his life turned to piss after that.

Mutts is invisible out here, dudes a great myth, used to care before the shoulder charge was banned, has been a big sook ever since.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Packer’s biggest asset has always been his motor/workrate when he’s on. He had some injury issues that required surgery when he was with us, as well as the serious off field issues with the booze.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Half time in the Sharks/Roosters match and Shaun Johnson is turning in a very average performance. He just put in a terrible kick on the first tackle with 30 seconds to go in the half - way too long, no one knew it was happening, no chance of regaining posession - then Keary responded with an incredible kick to Mitchell, who caught it on the full steaming down the sideline and went all the way to score. Embarrassing. A gulf in class.

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tof Sipley continues to look outstanding for us

Shaun is a mile off tonight, threw an intercept while in good attacking position as well

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So new club, same old SJ then. Million dollar player who only shows up every 2nd or 3rd game. Gotta say that so far I reckon Warriors management were right.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I think so. I've been tuning in to Sharks games mainly to see how Shaun's going, and it's exactly like watching him at the Warriors. You keep hoping for something special to happen but it hardly ever does, while in the meantime his involvement is lacklustre.

Townsend is doing most of the heavy lifting at the Sharks. He's shit, but is so much more involved in the game that he ends up being the one making things happen. Honestly, if I'd have to choose, I'd have Townsend over Johnson. He might be workmanlike, but at least he's turning up for work.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And same old SJ tonight. I’ve seen him make one penetrating run but he couldn’t like up with anyone and it came to nothing in the end.