What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Females and Rugby League

sass

Juniors
I think women in society are losing the essence of how to be a lady.

do you know what? you just summed it up right there. being a woman and being a lady are two completely different things.

being a 'woman' means being born a certain way, being a 'lady' means acting the way YOU think a woman should.

and as a woman - I will freely say I don't care what you, engine, think. could not care less. I will keep drinking beers at 5am and keep not getting anywhere near men like you who think it's their business to prescribe how a woman should behave. if you have a lady already, why do you even care how other women act except that you enjoy having the power to tell other people how to live their lives?

as I said before, all this discussion of women has NOTHING to do with magnay and the footy show. if you think it does, you're wayyyyy off the mark.

judge magnay by her performance, not what she's got under her skirt.

Last edited:

bluesbreaker

Bench
I ain't never met a woman who knows anything about sport. Where do you all congregate?

Secondly, some experience playing the game helps imo when you're a commentator.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
Has anyone else been to one of these Rugby League games where at least 50% of the crowd is female, as stated earlier in this thread...???

No wonder credibility gets questioned...

i think, ladies and gents, it must be remembered that a lot of the guys posting comments on this site (but not all to be fair) have trouble attracting women, and those that have wives, of the category i am referring too, find themselves in tragic and emotionally lost relationships, stemming from the guys inability to function on real levels with society; thus owing to substantial character deficiencies....such as our "friend", Engine.

So in effect, evolution is weeding out these weaker men.

If you have a girl, then you must consider the reality of while you are on here, someone is f king her. Like you can't.

If by some remote chance you found someone who will 'have' you or 'put up' with you, it'll be over soon. A brain scan may well reveal severe misconfigurations and deformations up there.

My brother in law is going through this right now. he is marrying a dog (just a quick-fire term to convey a point only), because 1 - he has no personality, 2. what he does have is shobenistic and shallow, 3. hes not really a good man. 4. his relationship with her is not based on intimacy.

He reminds me of Engine.

Apey

Staff member
i think, ladies and gents, it must be remembered that a lot of the guys posting comments on this site (but not all to be fair) have trouble attracting women, and those that have wives, of the category i am referring too, find themselves in tragic and emotionally lost relationships, stemming from the guys inability to function on real levels with society; thus owing to substantial character deficiencies....such as our "friend", Engine.

So in effect, evolution is weeding out these weaker men.

If you have a girl, then you must consider the reality of while you are on here, someone is f king her. Like you can't.

If by some remote chance you found someone who will 'have' you or 'put up' with you, it'll be over soon. A brain scan may well reveal severe misconfigurations and deformations up there.

My brother in law is going through this right now. he is marrying a dog (just a quick-fire term to convey a point only), because 1 - he has no personality, 2. what he does have is shobenistic and shallow, 3. hes not really a good man. 4. his relationship with her is not based on intimacy.

He reminds me of Engine.

xena-whip-med.jpg

wuuuh-tsh

It's sad to see yet another fallen soldier.

Kiki

First Grade
Has anyone else been to one of these Rugby League games where at least 50% of the crowd is female, as stated earlier in this thread...???

okay then 60/40. i'm not talking about huge groups of chicks sitting together at once, so you probably aren't going to take notice...but for every family theres always a mum and daughters and what not.

and actually at Dragons and State of Origin games I always see big groups of girls.

I think alot of you are just in denial about what huge role women play in rugby league. and it's been that way since well...forever. if you go back and look at footage of games from the 50s and 60s theres women right there in the seats next to the sidelines going nuts cheering their team on.

and as unhinged as Poor Boy is, some of what he says makes sense. i do think its the guys who have problems with women in their romantic life that develop this sexist attitude. if you guys feel like footy is 'guy time' coz it makes u feel like a big man, there is something else missing in your life. for real.

oh and Engine, i may not be a 'lady'....but you sure ain't a man. you may have a penis but no real man expects women to behave in a certain way so he doesn't feel threatened.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
i do think its the guys who have problems with women in their romantic life that develop this sexist attitude. if you guys feel the need to watch footy coz it makes u feel like a big man, there is something else missing in your life. for real.
domestic-abuse-battered-women-demotivational-poster.jpg

redvscotty

First Grade
If a failed relationship was the reason for excluding all women from a game or whatever, then you'd have to be an idiot.

Flapper

First Grade

Yeah, Panthers games in the Girdler era, there were so many women there it wasn't funny. And still Penrith games are extremely well attended by women.

Kiki

First Grade
as are Dragons games, always huge groups of girls. from the Parra games i've been it's the same thing.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
To be honest I do not know the answer to the proportions of females to males at NRL games.

I would think it would be closer to 20% than 40 or 50%, but I may be wrong.

I attended the Anzac day match with two of my daughters and with my wife, so I am certainly aware that women attend games..

But, for example, if there were 10 000 people at parramatta last night, do you really think that 4000 of them were females...???

If anyone has some relevant info on who makes up a NRL footy crowd I would be interested..

P.S I think Jacqualine is a great additon to the footy show....

Dutchy

Immortal
At Brookvale, the number of females in the corporate boxes and in the Presidents lounge is probably 50/50 to males.

Latest posts