What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

mickdo

Coach
True EEL said:
well, well, well.....seems people are beggining to see things from my point of view when i said we should just keep Morris instead of happily letting him walk

hindsight is a wonderful thing, but foresight is much better - DF should learn to develop some foresight every now and then, JT, our 5/8th dillemma.....???

as for Finch - if that's what we are down too - i'm scared....prove me wrong Finch
I doubt DF had much to do with the 5/8th saga

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
no more speculative than him coming to the club...

just because I'm the only parramatta supporter in the club that is keeping an open mind at what might happen it doesn't make me right or wrong.

I'm keeping an open mind.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Some of you carry on like the guy has absolutely no ability whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong - I would love nothing more than to see our Juniors play in the halves. But at the same time, I can most definitely see why we would chase a former NSW and Grand Finalist halfback - his experience in Finals and Origin football alone could really benefit guys like Tim and Blake.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Add to that what he has been through reputation wise...another factor he could teach youngsters of what to do or not to do in the public eye

Angry_eel

First Grade
if he could clean his teeth and comb his hair once in a while he would do atleast look like a well groomed 5/8th.

Smartman

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Some of you carry on like the guy has absolutely no ability whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong - I would love nothing more than to see our Juniors play in the halves. But at the same time, I can most definitely see why we would chase a former NSW and Grand Finalist halfback - his experience in Finals and Origin football alone could really benefit guys like Tim and Blake.

Haha good one Eele :lol:

I can imagine now, middle of 2007 and on live to free to air Finch sticking it up to Parramatta supporters after his first decent game :lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
if finch comes to parra i'll buy a blues jersey with "Finch 20" on the back

ffs brett finch john morris replacement, he is sh*t and he is ugly

Eelementary

Post Whore
Smartman said:
Haha good one Eele :lol:

I can imagine now, middle of 2007 and on live to free to air Finch sticking it up to Parramatta supporters after his first decent game :lol:

:lol:

If he played his one decent match in a GF, I certainly wouldn't complain! lol

James_Hardie

Juniors
Parraren said:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19809287-23214,00.html

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

Quote:
Stuart gives Finch his backing
July 16, 2006
SYDNEY Roosters coach Ricky Stuart is adamant Brett Finch has a future at the club despite the former NSW Origin half being dumped to the bench amid rumours he was being shopped around to rival NRL teams.
Stuart said Finch's benching was just part of the game plan and not linked to the speculation he was not wanted at the club, quashing rumours the Roosters had given his manager Steve Gillis permission to negotiate with rival clubs.
AAP

Originally Posted by eelavation
I believe we're talking to him..that's all i know.

Seems either the roosters are telling fibs, or Mr " ;-) " has been telling you porkies Eelevation...

And by the way, no one said you were right or wrong about Finch, we just all have opinions, and in some cases, "sources" as to his character

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Seems either the roosters are telling fibs, or Mr " ;-) " has been telling you porkies Eelevation...

And by the way, no one said you were right or wrong about Finch, we just all have opinions, and in some cases, "sources" as to his character

whatever you reckon ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Finch has a year left on his contract with the Roosters, but it is understood the Roosters would not stand in the way of his leaving. There does not appear to be a long-term future for Finch at the Roosters, with young halfback Josh Lewis coming through and Craig Wing at hooker.

The Eels, having missed out on Melbourne's Scott Hill, who will play out his career in England, desperately need a five-eighth and see Finch - with his utility value - as capable of filling that role.

The switch would only come off if Parramatta were prepared to at least match the money Finch is on for next year, but it is anticipated that will happen.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/t...1152988472159.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

So not only are Parra looking at Finch they are going to pay full price for him

nothing short of pathetic.

Sign Finch thats ok but don't take his full contract giving the Roosters more money to spend, you didn't see the Tigers paying Buettner's full contract for the year he spent there while still under contract for Parra.

Phillips

Referee
he would truely be our worst signing ever

im hopeful we dont get him, and somehow i think we wont..

mickdo

Coach
Full price??? That's just dead set ridiculous. On the one hand the word is that we won't pay 'overs' for players, like Myles or Asotasi, yet we are willing to fully bail out the Roosters for Finch??? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: