What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

macavity

Referee
If I could have one of our targets it would be Boyd.

Snowy close second, but Boyd is pretty much the best player in the game right now.

Darius is certainly loyal to those he holds dear. Ironic given how saints fans accuse him of disloyalty. He has never hid the fact Wayne is his father figure. What a massive decision for Darius.

Frederick

Staff member
Apparently Champion is poised to sign a 3 year deal with the Titans so surely that would rule them out of the race for Boyd

Bicey_18

Bench
Hasnt the club given Boyd till Thursday to make his decision? The Titans can no way afford him now.. especially after signing Champion. We will get him.

Searle is more hopeful than confident. I just think Darius has become a near mercenary. I am none the wiser as to how he is thinking. He agreed in principle and that means nothing as Inglis has shown. Bunnies will ruin Inglis. Broncs was the answer to him being a potential immortal.

Searle is more hopeful than confident. I just think Darius has become a near mercenary. I am none the wiser as to how he is thinking. He agreed in principle and that means nothing as Inglis has shown. Bunnies will ruin Inglis. Broncs was the answer to him being a potential immortal.

He can be a mercenary as long as we get 3-4 years out of him and a premiership or 2 which he would be a major help w/ I dont care!

Alex28

Coach
It's funny when someone's priority is loyalty over people rather than teams they become a mercenary...

It's funny when someone's priority is loyalty over people rather than teams they become a mercenary...

Exactly why i used he words NEAR Mercenary. Don't let that or the fact i have said many times his decision is tough based on people get in the way of your argument though.

Alex28

Coach
Not argueing with you mate. I know what you said. Others here are referring to him as a mercenary though and I don't think that is completely fair.

If he was going from club to club for the highest offer - mercenary. Going from club to club based on loyalty to others - not a mercenary.

cleary89

Coach
I think hes more likely to stay with us then follow Bennett.

If it came down having Boyd or Snowden, who would you guys prefer?

TooheysNew

Coach
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21064

Titans withdraw offer to Boyd

Written by: Gold Coast Titans media
May 9, 2011 2:27pm
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have withdrawn the club's offer to Darius Boyd after an agreed deadline between the player and the Titans lapsed.

“We will now divert our efforts on other players within our sights,'' said Jetstar Titans Managing Director Michael Searle.

“We wish Darius all the best with his future playing career and thank him for his engagement and interest but regrettably we can no longer continue to delay other negotiations of similar importance to our club.''

cleary89

Coach
Dragons might offload Cooper to england if Boyds keen to stay.

I think Cooper would be happy to stay for next to nothing.

Can't see him going to England for a year for 400k leaving kids, family and friends behind. Fair enough if he had nothing behind him, but hes been on good coin for 10 years and has a successful business he runs with his wife in the gong.

Latest posts