What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From an Eels fan to you raiders fans, Good luck !

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Doesn't seem to know what year the salary cap was introduced. Imagine my surprise.

Are you saying you rorted a salary cap that actually didn't exist ? Hmm . I must say it brings me no joy to think that your only real history that didn't just involve The Raiders making up the competition numbers was all built on the original salary cap rort .

bileduct

Coach
Are you saying you rorted a salary cap that actually didn't exist ? Hmm . I must say it brings me no joy to think that your only real history that didn't just involve The Raiders making up the competition numbers was all built on the original salary cap rort .
You still haven't clued in as to when the salary cap started.

LOL!

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Pretty sure you guys had another crack at rorting in recent times didn't you ? I mean an error here and there ok but cheating is just terrible .

Canberra
Canterbury
Melbourne

Lie down with dog you'll wake up with fleas guys .

bileduct

Coach
Pretty sure you guys had another crack at rorting in recent times didn't you ? I mean an error here and there ok but cheating is just terrible .

Canberra
Canterbury
Melbourne

Lie down with dog you'll wake up with fleas guys .
Keep punching, son. Keep punching :)

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
I'll help you out a bit. There was no salary cap in 1989. Want to keep following that line of thought?

You've got no idea do you . In 1988 clubs were told that future contracts would need to comply with the 800K - 1.5 mil salary cap ( not all clubs had the same cap back then ) raiders couldn't comply to their 1.5mil ( they had more cap than most other clubs because the joints a hole ) it caught up in 91

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I've got no idea? So there was a salary cap in 1989?

Have you looked up the 1990 premiers yet?

I looked up Parramatta wooden spoons.......it's pretty funny!

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
I've got no idea? So there was a salary cap in 1989?

Have you looked up the 1990 premiers yet?

I looked up Parramatta wooden spoons.......it's pretty funny!

Get off the goon bud . " all future contracts ". I.e if you sign a bloke for 3 years in say 1988 then that three years will carry you past 1990 yeah ? Therefore it'd have to fit into Canberras almost double salary cap that they were unable to abide by .

Thought we'd already established the cap was 1990 ?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
:lol::lol::lol:
'Cause I'm Rickyyyyy
Come along, if you feel, like a coach without a clue
'Cause I'm Rickyyyy
Come along, if you feel, like all your premierships were a fluke

Last edited: