What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galvin

Tiger Ted

Bench
The thing that continues to amaze me about Galvin is he doesn't look like a footballer. Even though he's probably the fittest in the whole club he still looks ungamely and awkward to me. He doesn't have a sportsman's physique.
Yet he glides around the paddock seemingly unphased by the defense. He has a good step and jinking style of running that makes the D hesitate. He has a great palm and is reasonably quick. Sets up plays, try assists, long passes, and a deft kicking game.....and he's probably got more strings to his bow that he hasn't unearthed or developed yet.
His defense is improving too.
The amazing thing is, when players of his ability hits the scene, other clubs start to figure him out and close him down. There usually is a make or break period.
When he surprisingly played with that busted hand his form dropped a bit but kept playing and came through that scrutinising period with flying colours.
I think Benji has helped the lad too as Lachlan's journey thus far is similar to his. I'm also excited with the fact that he has soooo much to learn and improve on and when he becomes a more complete footballer then who knows what's going to happen with him.
Because he's started so young in first grade, 300 games looks very achievable. Are we looking at a future Hall of Fame player or better.
People say "Don't put pressure on him"
Well too late, that's happened, and he's A+ so far.
Richo’s no. 1 priority is to extend his contract asap.We can’t allow other clubs to b able to negotiate with him from Nov 1 next yr.

Tigerm

Coach
Richo’s no. 1 priority is to extend his contract asap.We can’t allow other clubs to b able to negotiate with him from Nov 1 next yr.
I thought that he and Pole were being resigned this year?
Not sure where I read that or the term of the contracts, but I would think it will be for a good period.

Nutz

Bench
Not sure where I read that or the term of the contracts, but I would think it will be for a good period.
Galvin was signed till end of 2026 but he can be approached after nov1 next year.
You were prob reading that he was agitating for a release but Richo met with his parents and all concerned and put that rumour to bed.
Pole isn't resigned yet and I read he's a priority. I hope he's not off to the Sharks.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

I think Pole will be on the open market from November. Richo lost Stef and there has been no news about Pole, Seyfarth or Sione Fainu resigning with the club. I reckon we need all of them.

I don't have the same positive feelings regarding Richo that everyone else seems to be having. These signings to me are much more important that Royce Hunt.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I think Pole will be on the open market from November. Richo lost Stef and there has been no news about Pole, Seyfarth or Sione Fainu resigning with the club. I reckon we need all of them.

I don't have the same positive feelings regarding Richo that everyone else seems to be having. These signings to me are much more important that Royce Hunt.
I reckon Si Fainu is done, but just waiting for us to clear some spots in the Top 30. Remember Staines from last year wasn't officially signed until about Dec even though all the talk was he was done.

Seyfarth will stay but Pole is the worry. He will attract a lot of interest which at the very least will push his salary up to probably higher than what his current output is worth so we will end up paying for potential again.

Tigerm

Coach
Galvin was signed till end of 2026 but he can be approached after nov1 next year.
You were prob reading that he was agitating for a release but Richo met with his parents and all concerned and put that rumour to bed.
Pole isn't resigned yet and I read he's a priority. I hope he's not off to the Sharks.

It’s a telecrap comment, so who knows?

Tiger Ted

Bench

It’s a telecrap comment, so who knows?
We will have to hit the ground running next season to have any chance of locking up Galvin long term.I still reckon Isaac Moses will b fixated on negotiating a mega contract with Perth bears or the predatory rorters for post ‘26 when his current contract ends

Tigerm

Coach
We will have to hit the ground running next season to have any chance of locking up Galvin long term.I still reckon Isaac Moses will b fixated on negotiating a mega contract with Perth bears or the predatory rorters for post ‘26 when his current contract ends
I don’t know, our money is as good as anyone else’s.
I believe we will see improvement next season, he’ll know that.

Tigerm

Coach
I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I firmly believe we are on the cusp of being one of the superpowers of the game.

Won’t be next year, but within a few years, boom.

We have everything in place for it to happen.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I firmly believe we are on the cusp of being one of the superpowers of the game.

You could say we will be the Man U of the NRL :eek:

Tiger05

First Grade

The only thing I disagree with you is that it can happen quickly. We have plenty of talent in our squad for next season.

Tigerm

Coach
The only thing I disagree with you is that it can happen quickly. We have plenty of talent in our squad for next season.
Agree, but if we can get to 10, 9 or 8 next year, I will be happy, with a few more to be gone, we could get a great squad together.

Latest posts