What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Round 1 v Cowboys

Chad needs to work on his bombs not one decent one, the Cows had makeshift fullback and not one floating bomb, not one

MilkShark

First Grade
Moylan to fullback
Holmes to wing
Hodkinson to half

Or

Dugan to fullback
Holmes to wing
Ramien to centre
I’d even drop chad and bring Hodkinson in to steer us around with Moylan. Moylan is rusty but showed glimpses of something, unlike chad

Vin Fizz

Bench
I'm not too glum. If Val stays at FB for the next few weeks (and I reckon Flange will persist) then he couldn't possibly put in a worse performance. Forwards looked great. Paulo looks dangerous too as did Seggy. The team looks like and played like a joint ventures first outing though with a set of old and new players trying to gel. I think Mad Moylan will be ok, but he was a lost sheep tonight because he hasn't got a defined role. Duges was good without standing out. He will win us games no doubt. We were wasteful again. I don't mind us trying to be flashy but a bit more composure would be nice. We need a better kicking game and in play kicker. Lewie will add some starch and maybe a bit of phase behind the ruck. If we can get some combinations going to feed the backs we will run in plenty this year.

Weaponhead

Coach
I'm not too glum. If Val stays at FB for the next few weeks (and I reckon Flange will persist) then he couldn't possibly put in a worse performance. Forwards looked great. Paulo looks dangerous too as did Seggy. The team looks like and played like a joint ventures first outing though with a set of old and new players trying to gel. I think Mad Moylan will be ok, but he was a lost sheep tonight because he hasn't got a defined role. Duges was good without standing out. He will win us games no doubt. We were wasteful again. I don't mind us trying to be flashy but a bit more composure would be nice. We need a better kicking game and in play kicker. Lewie will add some starch and maybe a bit of phase behind the ruck. If we can get some combinations going to feed the backs we will run in plenty this year.
Fair assessment. Too early for razor blades.

Holmes was bad. Kicking was bad. Handling was bad.

Combos will get better. Moylan looks a long way off. Not mobile or sharp.

azzah72

Bench
Too harsh on Chad.
He was ok.
A bit shit and rusty like the rest of the team.
No alarm bells

Surely

Post Whore
If you are going to to change fullback then it has to be Dugan and Gray to centre.

Followed by hodgwhatshisname to half

Chad is the worst half in the comp

Chad disappointing ,Holmes Dissappointing--- I hope the knee jerk answer isnt to put Moylan to fullback hodgkinson to half, chad to 5/8. Im big beleiver that where possible put best Players in position they want and Moylan says he wants 5/8. We do have another Full Back option who didnt see enough ball in first half especially .

The Popper

Bench
Happy with the forwards display. Bukuya impressed.
However, it seems to me like a matter of `If you don't play me fullback, I'll take my ball and go home'. We can't have that. No individual is bigger than the team.

chewsta

First Grade
Jeez our discipline was horrible. I thought Feefs was a split brainfart from being sent from the field the whole time he was out there, he was getting really grubby.

MilkShark

First Grade
Chad disappointing ,Holmes Dissappointing--- I hope the knee jerk answer isnt to put Moylan to fullback hodgkinson to half, chad to 5/8. Im big beleiver that where possible put best Players in position they want and Moylan says he wants 5/8. We do have another Full Back option who didnt see enough ball in first half especially .
Moylan could make an ok 5/8, he did look dangerous and was prepared to take the line on. He was was actually extremely solid today in defense too.

I’d drop chad before Moylan and bring Hodkinson in. We need direction and a calm head, chad can’t give us that.

Latest posts