What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point.........again

Should Golden Point Stay

• YES - Entertaining

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • NO - Fulltime = shared points.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • How about that goal kicking idea

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • There is a better to determine winner.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
whats wrong with 5 minutes each way extra time. The team with the most points on the board at the end of extra time is the winner.

This Year?

Immortal
I've never liked golden point as the object of the game is to score a try. I like Hellteam's idea though.

*Paul*

Juniors
Golden Point = More footy.. whats the problem?

Mainly because so much of the extra footy is a just mad scramble to kick FGs. As everyone knows (except the people who actually have their hands on the levers) it's a needless gimmick, and then to have it often pan out as 5 arrows and a wobbly dropkick, well... the eyes can't roll any more.

Red'n'White

Juniors
Win by 3 points.
Kick a field goal game continues, kick a penalty, f/g+pen=3 you win,
Score a try = win.
Kick a field goal game continues, no more points after 10 mins e/t=win, etc win by 3 or more.

munge

Juniors
what id like to see is if a team conceeds in golden point they can go for a 'double or nothing' and decide to risk 2 of there previously won competition points, to try and get the two points back.

so for example if the bulldogs are on 20 competition points and go into golden point, and then lose. they can say hey no we want to use the double play. and what would happen then is if they were to still lose they would go to 18 but if they won theyd go to 22.

What I think, if the seconds clock is on a prime number the only scoring play allowed is a try. If it is an even, non-prime number, then the only scoring play allowed is a penalty goal. If it is an odd, non-prime number, then the only scoring play allowed is a field goal.

Honestly, that's how bad some of the ideas in this thread are. Keep it simple, don't confuse the casual fan.

siv

First Grade
Golden point has to go. Worst rule ever. After 80 mins = draw.

Totally agree

last year we had a great 1 pt in normal time at the SCG

but had a pathetic golden point victory last Friday week - while it would be been an exiting potential draw - Titans 2 points down against 12 men

Then in the last few weeks in the NSW Cup

we had two great 1 point wins in round 1

followed by 2 great draws yesterday

I say bring back the draw

#2 - allow finals to be 5 min each way - If still a draw then the higher ranked team is declared the winner

Rovelli

Bench
I hate golden point. I reckon we should remove it for Origin and finals as well. Play extra time in Origin 3 if the series is 1-1, play some extra time in the finals too.

timka4

Bench
The Cowboys didn't deserve to loss like that, specially in a finals game. Not saying cowboys should of won, but golden try should definitely be the rule.

M2D2

Bench
Nope.
Golden Try is Bullshit.
1 point can win in the regular 80. So it should be the same in extra time.
Golden point is the best extra time method that uses the golden theme.
I however have always been a fan of playing the 10 minutes outright.
You can take the 1 point, but then you have to defend it.
Seeing as how the NRL wont do this. Golden point is king. Nothing will change.

Latest posts