What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have Wests Tigers won 16 Premierships?

newman

First Grade
Pfffffft. Premierships are for pussies.

The real achievement is in having absolutely nothing to show for 40 odd years of existence.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That is specious reasoning to say the least.

Wests Tigers are a joint venture rugby league club between the Western Suburbs and Balmain Rugby League Clubs, all of which are separate legal entities with the Wests Tigers established in 2000. Similarly is the St George-Illawarra Dragons.

The Sydney Roosters is the trading name of the Eastern Suburbs Rugby League Club. It is the one and same entity.
Haha

But a few years after 2002 we refurbished Easts Leagues, installing new door hinges. Does this make us a new separate entity thus meaning the current Roosters team with the fancy brass door hinges and new eatery at the Leagues club only have one Premiership?

I think so!

bottle

Coach
Haha

But a few years after 2002 we refurbished Easts Leagues, installing new door hinges. Does this make us a new separate entity thus meaning the current Roosters team with the fancy brass door hinges and new eatery at the Leagues club only have one Premiership?

I think so!

Most sensible post in this fred.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I think it's up to the fans of the club to decide. Personally I've always counted the Dragons as 16.

If the Bears were ever to be re admitted then surely they'd start on 2. They would also be considered a foundation club as it is effectively the same license that was taken from North Sydney in 1999.

If Souths can still claim 20 then the Bears should still be on 2, despite their long absence.

Haha

I think so!

ROFLMAO! Pure Chamagne Comedy that. :C:

Canard

Immortal
I think it's up to the fans of the club to decide. Personally I've always counted the Dragons as 16.

Yes that would be a good way to decide it.

Set up a online system and get such noted aficionados as Sweetcheeks69 and DogsBallLicker63 to decide.

hutch

First Grade
Wests tigers have won 1.

St George Illawarra dragons have won 1. All the other premierships are from the former clubs who no longer play in the nrl.

Danish

Referee

If that's the case then the Roosters have won 15 in this fan's eyes (Morris was out, Haz was held :sarcasm:)

Put it in the record books.

A Stray Alien

Juniors
Wests tigers have won 1.

St George Illawarra dragons have won 1. All the other premierships are from the former clubs who no longer play in the nrl.[/QUOTE

so the JV clubs cant bring forward there premierships before nrl days but the others can so in saying that why cant they.' so if a couple gets hitched they bring no history with them i dont think so

mxlegend99

Referee
When 2 clubs merge into one new club, those premierships , spoons, club records etc. do not count toward the merged ventures records. Else you could just merge 5 or 6 clubs into one and claim 30+ premierships.

Tigers and Dragons each have one in their short existence as merged clubs. But that is still 1 more than the Sharks have. :) trying to claim other clubs records is a bit of a joke. Would Sharks fans feel like they won a premiership if they merged with Panthers, Eels or some other club with a a premiership? Im betting they wouldn't.

magpie4ever

First Grade
When 2 clubs merge into one new club, those premierships , spoons, club records etc. do not count toward the merged ventures records. Else you could just merge 5 or 6 clubs into one and claim 30+ premierships.

Tigers and Dragons each have one in their short existence as merged clubs. But that is still 1 more than the Sharks have. :) trying to claim other clubs records is a bit of a joke. Would Sharks fans feel like they won a premiership if they merged with Panthers, Eels or some other club with a a premiership? Im betting they wouldn't.

Fully agree, otherwise you would have the gummy sharks trying to claim Saints titles up to 1966 (when they were spat out).

Joely01

Bench

Agree 100%

BennyV

Referee

However, as a Dragons fan I feel I am entitled to claim that my team has won 16 premierships, you can bet that anyone lucky enough to witness the 11 in a row streak would say the same thing...

For mine, Balmain fans can't claim Wests premierships and vice versa, same as Steele fans can't claim Dragons premierships...

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
As far as I'm concerned, the Dragons have won 16 premierships.
I've seen my team win 3 premierships in my lifetime, and I didn't ever change the team I followed.
Enough said !

BuffaloRules

Coach
As far as Im concerned the Wests Tigers have won 16 Premierships same as Dragons.

The official NRL statistics may say otherwise though.