What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne the myth

Pretty sure Slater dropped the ball cold, only the ref inexplicably gave them a penalty...And this at a time when we were only 6 behind...But somehow he's a superstar? :roll:

Don't get me wrong - Billy Slater is a magnificent player, and to balance out the team, I'd have Slater at the back with Hayne on the wing. But f**k me some of you muppets have nfi.
agreeed! half of them must not watch half the games he played, i didnt see anything from morts! at all! everytime he got the ball he was standing still

KFC

Juniors
Oh ffs just because he had a solid game instead of his usual brilliance that he produces most weeks people decide to come on here and call him the most over-rated player in the world.

Parramatta can be proud of what they have achieved this year. Well done Parra.

Well said.

The Eels, and Hayne in particular, can hold there heads high.

They were like a breath of fresh air in their charge to the Grand Final and they were beaten by the best drilled team in the NRL.

Ridders

Coach
pointer_jarryd_saturn-pointer__192x128.jpg

cupid

Juniors
wat about his kicking game and the dropped balls and missed tackles lol

AUSTRALIAN TEAM
1. SLATER
Billy Slater doesn't even have a f**ken kicking game in the first place, and I'm pretty sure Slater knocked on in his last two carries of the game.

Hayne deserves to be the Australian fullback after his form this season, I really don't want to see Billy f**k up for Australia again.

Ulysseus

Bench
He will probably win them more games than he loses them over time, J Hayne that is.
BUT in the game where they needed him to shine he was noticeably off key, in the end it was a shame that the final error of the game involved the ball bouncing off his bonce to the turf.

He's not over rated, he may have just been overawed by the occasion, Melbourne also did a great job of containing him, when he tried to freewheel backwards 90% of the time they grabbed him and kept him going backwards, the way they cut off his running options really stunted his game.

Maybe in the future people will be talking about the grand final he single handedly won Parra, but as it goes he failed, today, to perform when it really mattered, hopefully he will come out of it better prepared for the experience.

As for the Inglis try, even if Hayne could have positioned himself dead in front of Inglis after Inglis caught the ball, how many of you would actually rate him a chance of stopping Inglis?, keeping in mind that 110kg frame.

IMO Hayne started to believe his own hype as the week went on...this game proved that he is a good player but not at the standard of Slater, Inglis, Lockyer and co..

dollyhands

Juniors
Yeah, you guys are right and know your sh*t.
He is by far the most overrated player. Over the past 4 months, he hasn't being the most dominant player, in the NRL. He hasn't topped line breaks, meters gained or tackle busts. He hasn't scored the most spectacular tries this year. He hasnt been parra's go to man. He didnt get the eels into the finals.

I think he should hand his dally m medal back.
Spot on, hayne is sh*thouse, GO STORM:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

timka4

Bench
hayne the myth? dont think so bro, pretty sure he was dally m, and played awesome for the majority of the season, even when eels were playing bad. If your gonna judge hayne on one game, then every other legend should be judged.
although yeh this was the grand final, melbourne shut him down with force, and the eels players around him didnt lift to counter for this, he cannot win on his own

Alex28

Coach
He's hardly a myth, but the Storm gave the competition a great lesson on how to stop him.

Move up in a line and tackle him. Don't give him half a minute to dance around and confuse the defence into creating a gap for him to slide through. Just f***ing tackle him.

Great player but was found wanting today and might have to create another trick for next year if he wants to stay as effective as he was for half a season this year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Classical tall poppy syndrome.

Yep, totally agree - Parramatta don't win, Hayne doesn't dominate so he's a dud ???? - I am without speech ( I suppose because Tiger Woods didn't win a major this year he's washed up )

It's interesting what people see, depends what you're looking for. I'd rather give credit to the Storm players for some of these perceived errors, eg - is it because Inglis made that look so easy when he scored that people would rather criticise the Eels players ?

I suppose that's why we have these forums - have an opinion, but listen to others.