What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I smell Soward just around the corner....

watatank

Coach
We need more back rowers playing outwide so they can nullify Inglis...skillful attacking outside backs need not apply.

Yeah, why put Beau Scott there when backrowers such as Gasnier, Monaghan, Lyon, Jennings, Tahu and Idris have failed before him

Nevan_

First Grade
these are facts and saying this i dont think sowards form this year to date has warranted a SOO call up

And why is that? While he hasn't set the world on fire like last year, he's been solid so far. He was one of our best against the Warriors on the weekend too.

Bumble

First Grade
Yeah, why put Beau Scott there when backrowers such as Gasnier, Monaghan, Lyon, Jennings, Tahu and Idris have failed before him

And how many times in his career has an opposing centre actually dominated Inglis?

aussie7798

First Grade
And why is that? While he hasn't set the world on fire like last year, he's been solid so far. He was one of our best against the Warriors on the weekend too.

I think he is slowly picking his game up the last few weeks he has looked like he is getting his form of last year back and that form warranted selection but i think he has been just below his best so far this season

Bumble

First Grade
How many times has Inglis faced a real defensive centre?

You don't think through the last 5-6 years and 2* premierships in that time he's faced every defensive centre in the NRL? (that plays on his side)

STG-Dragon

Juniors
You say that like a Souths player will ever get picked...

John Sutton deserves it. Man of the match again tonight. Had like 23 Dally M points last year and more try assists both last year and this year than any other five-eighth that NSW could pick. He's also a far more damaging ball runner than Barrett, Soward etc.

Sutton goes missing way to often.

perverse

Referee
Champion is easily one of the form centres of the NRL at the moment. if he continues to develop the way he is and maintains his form he will definitely come into origin calculations... if he hasnt already behind closed doors.

Am I the only one that thinks Scott will start on the bench? Sorta like Idris last game, but better because he can also play second row and is actually good.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Champion is easily one of the form centres of the NRL at the moment. if he continues to develop the way he is and maintains his form he will definitely come into origin calculations... if he hasnt already behind closed doors.

It won't matter next year cause Gaz will be right centre you can bet on it.

Bumble

First Grade
Not at Origin level, he hasn't.

Oh right, so players just suddenly decide to tackle better?

And before you try to argue that players lift for the occasion, Inglis does too. In fact, he's twice the player in Origin that he is for the Storm.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Poor little Souths fans. Nobody loves them or their hack players... :lol:

Seriously though, Sutton should be there. Best 5/8 in NSW by a mile in terms of both talent and form.

Champion I'm not so sure. Personally I'd go for Morris 2 or Chris Lawrence ahead of him.

I'm really scratching my head with all the hate for Saints players. Obviously winning the MP last year and leading the comp this year are flukes, as none of our players are actually any good (at least according to the know-it-alls on this forum). I'm also scratching my head at all the "they're only picked because they play for St. George" crap. If this were actually the case, both Soward and Morris would have been selected last year.

watatank

Coach
Oh right, so players just suddenly decide to tackle better?

And before you try to argue that players lift for the occasion, Inglis does too. In fact, he's twice the player in Origin that he is for the Storm.

That's not what I was getting at...

Apparently we're lead to believe that all NSW have done with Inglis is try stop him...It's actually the opposite. Look at the trend of right centres NSW have selected, just about all of them have been done with the intention of troubling Inglis and to an extent this has worked. Yet Inglis always comes out on top...because none of them can stop him. They're all poor defensively and Inglis has taken full advantage. It hasn't helped that NSW has also picked poor defensive right wingers (Hayne, Turner, Wolfman, McManus) either and that compounds the problem.

Picking Scott is not like picking all the other tried and failed centres because he's far superior defensively. Sure he probably won't win the attacking battle (but really, who can?) but he gives NSW the best chance of not leaking points like a sieve on the right which is weak.