What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC ODI World Cup Oct-Nov 2023

Fangs

Coach
Double header Saturday:
Australia v Bangladesh
Pakistan v England

Smith should come back in but will it be for Labshandbrake or Stoinplod?

For Maxwell I say. Inglis and Labs move down.

Abbott for Haze. Maybe even Green in for Cummins or Starc. We should rest some bowlers as they have played the whole tournament. I don't think they need a tune up and it's a dead rubber.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd be resting Maxwell too. Freshen him up for the semi. Having the game off before Afghanistan seemed to work.
Oh, we are resting Maxi and Starc. Smith back in, Abott also in.

Good new, we lost the toss. That means we're due to win the toss in the Semi right?

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'd be resting Maxwell too. Freshen him up for the semi. Having the game off before Afghanistan seemed to work.

Good new, we lost the toss. That means we're due to win the toss in the Semi right?
We won the toss and bowled.

Another genius decision bowling first by the looks of it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We won the toss and bowled.

Another genius decision bowling first by the looks of it.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Had to rest Maxwell. No way he is 100% or anything close to it after the Afghanistan game. Without him we are absolutely no chance of winning the tournament, with him we have a shot, if for no other reason than he should be keeping Stoinplod out of the 11.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I remember a few runouts in think in the Pakistan test series from Marnus where he had a few direct hits.

He is seriously a very under-rated fieldsman.

I put him in the elite category it never gets talked about his fielding like the Maxwell's, Smith and Warner's.

He is just as good and safer then smudge with his hands I reckon.

JJ

Immortal
Had to rest Maxwell. No way he is 100% or anything close to it after the Afghanistan game. Without him we are absolutely no chance of winning the tournament, with him we have a shot, if for no other reason than he should be keeping Stoinplod out of the 11.
Is Maxwell really key? Little evidence that he can effectively deploy his toys against the best teams

although agree on Stoinis

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Is Maxwell really key? Little evidence that he can effectively deploy his toys against the best teams

Maxwell scored more runs the other night then he has in 13 digs against south Africa.

And 12 against the Kiwis

Reactions: JJ

His cameo against NZ (along with Cummins) was low key massive. Against a team like India it’s more likely going to come down to an individual performance than a great team effort if we are to win. Also he gives us another spin option to go with Zampa if pace is getting smashed.

Latest posts