What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Hutty1986

Immortal
'twas the night before origin and all through LU land
not a poster was stirring, not even Bunnies Man
the queensland fans went to tea quietly confident
while NSW fans like Gaba prayed that Sticky has a game plan

the children from both states were snuggled into bed
their parents knew that a Qld win would cause claims that origin is dead
south of the border they prayed Gallen could lead the pack
while north of the border they laughed at the ommission of the blues old fullback

The queensland team is settled, tried and true, talented and fierce,
whereas the NSW team has Ben Creagh, Michael Ennis and Mitchell Pearce,
the former two suffered a bad rep from years gone by, that of a coward
but the biggest unknown is to be the potential of a midget, Mr Jamie Soward

And if tomorrow NSW get thrashed so bad that its not funny or sullen
I almost hope the NSW selectors learn and bring in Hayne and Carney or Mullen
and while this fan sends wishes to NSW that the maroons will rock ya
I am just so pleased this is the last year I have to watch Darren Lockyer

:lol::lol: Brilliant

Big Pete

Referee
He played very well in Game 1 2008 but I'd save 'great' tags for performances like JT Game 1 2010.

jamoss

Juniors
Pearce will be there for a while id say.. He's the best of the bunch and i cant see anyone else overtaking him anytime soon.. Getting vibed up now.. cant wait for 7:30pm..

JT_

Juniors
Lol at Peter Wallace comments, people only remember that game 1 performance in 2008 and seemed to have forgotten the terrible ones after that. I'm not saying Pearce is miles better, but I think he can do a better job and looks like the NSW halfback we need going forward.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Lol, Pearce had a decent game but nothing spectacular.
I'm happy for him to keep his spot for the rest of the series. But think he'd make a better bench hooker than a halfback. Come next season it we'll know whether Cherry Evans is the real deal or we'll see what Bennett's coaching has done for Mullen.

Didgi

Lol, Pearce had a decent game but nothing spectacular.
I'm happy for him to keep his spot for the rest of the series. But think he'd make a better bench hooker than a halfback. Come next season it we'll know whether Cherry Evans is the real deal or we'll see what Bennett's coaching has done for Mullen.

I wish geniuss would stop thinking Cherry-Evans is a NSWmen. Junior club Redcliffe Dolphins, part of the emerging QLDers squad. Cue typical 'Greg Inglis, haw haw haw! Derp!' post.

Yosh

Coach
I thought Pearce went alright. I mean attack is only half the game and his defence was fantastic on the night. The QLDers threw everything at him and he was up for each and every time.

Don't wanna be a hater but Mullen would have missed many of the tackles Pearce made. However, with Mullen's kicking game, we probably wouldn't have been so deep in our half the whole game.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I thought Pearce went alright. I mean attack is only half the game and his defence was fantastic on the night. The QLDers threw everything at him and he was up for each and every time.

Don't wanna be a hater but Mullen would have missed many of the tackles Pearce made. However, with Mullen's kicking game, we probably wouldn't have been so deep in our half the whole game.
You don't pick halfbacks for their defence.

Ah well doesn't matter now.

gregstar

Referee
Pearce does exactly what a halfback needs to do. Control the game. He's not there to fill the highlight reel or anything else.
control the game? :lol::lol:

roosters - equal last
roosters - worst attack

what part of the game has he been controlling?

but......he's been tackling really really well though.

Latest posts