What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And they're doing a good job. Good work from the old board.

Now we just need the current board to get out of the way and leave it alone.

3P set us up for future success - they got Kearney to set up the 'academy' and now they have Stuart to motivate the team. Ken Edwards is doing a great job as CEO. What is there for the new board to do other than stay out of the f**king way?

You've forgotten to wipe the sperm from your face.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Congratulations on the new board on the election result, let's hope they bring stability into the joint, this is the cushiest job ever imagine and all they need to do is sit on their hands for a couple of years and let the well oiled machine roll beneath them..

Parraren

Bench
I don't really closely follow the political side of things so can those that do offer an opinion as to why the 3p guys lost the leagues club election after recently winning the football club election?

Seems like a very swift swing.

Even the guys that won seem surprised.

Reasons for the sudden turnaround?

Tony Bongo

Bench
And they're doing a good job. Good work from the old board.

Now we just need the current board to get out of the way and leave it alone.

3P set us up for future success - they got Kearney to set up the 'academy' and now they have Stuart to motivate the team. Ken Edwards is doing a great job as CEO. What is there for the new board to do other than stay out of the f**king way?

Ken Edwards will be doing a good job when he gets it through his head that we as Eels fans want to remain at Parramatta Stadium. As of last night he didn't seem convinced to me. Hopefully a change of board will talk some sense into him because several hours ago he didn't seem too enthusiastic about keeping our home games at Parra Stadium - to say the least. If he can't work out a way of makng our club profitable without moving our home games to ANZ then I'm not impressed.

Last edited:

Tony Bongo

Bench
Congratulations on the new board on the election result, let's hope they bring stability into the joint, this is the cushiest job ever imagine and all they need to do is sit on their hands for a couple of years and let the well oiled machine roll beneath them..

As well as reinstate a member who should never have been banned and ensure we keep our home games at Parramatta Stadium.

Suitman

Post Whore
Funny to see that we have our very own Laurie Oakes on this thread.

Anyhow, stability, that's all I want to see.

Suity

Utey

Coach
I don't involve myself in the politics because I don't have the time or energy. I just want some stability. Unsure whether that will be achieved due to the structure in place...

strider

Post Whore
Pirtek were fine until 3P swept to power And then thngs only went sour when Duncan whistleblew on the shonky shit going on . If it wasn't for Duncan we'd more than likely still have Osbourne and until 3Ps mystery biggest sponsorship deal ever is confirmed Pirtek is by far our best option . Don't even bother with the Duncan fired Ando crap without a link .

I don't give a f**k if he fired Ando - but he DID play a bit part in getting Kearney and that was a monumental f**k up ..... so I sure as f**k hope this new mob don't let Duncan near the board again

Everyone is answerable to the members. Just like 3P was elected in and out. Just shows the board need to be on their toes or they are out!

If this new board start mucking about and making it personal just as 3P was guilty of then they'll be out as well. They need to leave Ken and Ricky to run the team and not get involved football wise. We finally look like having it together professionally with footballing structures off the field.

We need to stop this infighting and support the new board.

strider

Post Whore
so what are we gonna do for pizza bases and pasta sauce now? :( ..... I mean I'm sure we'd still get the same good deal from the current supplier, but what if we don't?

but seriously ... hope the new guys keep out of ricky's way and just let things roll for a while .... clearly the nrl team won't be shifting to the FC in the forseeable future since they don't control the FC

i actually thought is good to have guys like libertini on the LC baord cos they brought things that were meaningful to a Leagues Club ...... can't say i was ever a spags fan - he has his fingers in too much dodgy shit, so can't say i am disappointed with that .... hope the new guys can do a good job and understand there is more to it than just wanting parra to win games

strider

Post Whore
Everyone is answerable to the members. Just like 3P was elected in and out. Just shows the board need to be on their toes or they are out!

If this new board start mucking about and making it personal just as 3P was guilty of then they'll be out as well. They need to leave Ken and Ricky to run the team and not get involved football wise. We finally look like having it together professionally with footballing structures off the field.

We need to stop this infighting and support the new board.

it worries me a bit .... i think what it shows (once again) is that if you can accumulate a big group of followers to all make a concerted effort to vote a certain way at once then you can get power ...... any other group that might want a club and might try the same thing at some point?

eels81236

Bench
I thought that there had to be 2 members of the LC board on the FC board or vice versa? Something like that. I might be wrong. I thought I was wrong once before but I was mistaken.

I assume that moving the team to the FC will the the first change made? They have pushed that barrow through a couple of elections now. The fact that that would make them powerless over said team should be of no concern to them as individuals. After all, they are only in it for the betterment of Parra, not like the other mob, apparently.

I thought that there had to be 2 members of the LC board on the FC board or vice versa? Something like that. I might be wrong. I thought I was wrong once before but I was mistaken.

I assume that moving the team to the FC will the the first change made? They have pushed that barrow through a couple of elections now. The fact that that would make them powerless over said team should be of no concern to them as individuals. After all, they are only in it for the betterment of Parra, not like the other mob, apparently.

Well....