What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

Eels Dude

Coach
it amazes me that people keep pointing that 3p sold assets to make profit.

as a business, wouldn't it be savvy to sell assets that do not perform or Are actually draining funds from the organisation?

Anyway - good luck to the new board - I hope to christ that they are in it for the right reasons, and that Dennis Fitzgerald really isnt the puppet master.

Well its more the point that your simply selling off something and using the total selling price as a profit, whenrreally youre just selling off assets to bring yourself out of the red.

bartman

Immortal
Damn, so another 18 months of this crap??? I was hoping at least this would end the shit fight.
Well it all depends whether Spags and Kelly want to stay around and fight to regain control next time around... or whether they throw a tantrum and quit the FC Board before their two year term is done.

If they see the writing on the wall and quit soon, two (new) LC appointees can go onto the FC Board and we'll have the one mob controlling both Boards instead of potential stalemate. I'd imagine from their public personas that Roy and Sid may not take only being on the FC Board now (and no longer the LC Board) very well, so we'll see...

bartman

Immortal
Very Strange situation . So really nobody can be held accountable for shit NRL team performance etc ?
That's been a problem for a long time. The NRL operations aren't part of the FC's role, and they can only be said to be a part of the LC's bigger role. Under Fitzy many members felt there was no direct accountability for the football side of things, and 3P originally promised to change that structure.

3P won control of the FC in Dec 2008, and the LC in April 2009, and then completely backtracked on their promise to sort out the strange structure by passing control of the NRL operations back to the FC. Four years has passed, and they've now been booted from controlling the LC - but not from the FC last December. The logical move imo was always to place accountability for the NRL operations with the "Football" Club (which has responsibility for Junior Leagues), with the LC committing to keep the FC afloat if needed... but that's where the politics come in.

3P failed to pass over control of anything to the FC during the four years they controlled both Boards, now ParraFirst only controls half of the picture and so can't make it happen until after the gain control of the FC (in 18 months or so time, unless Spags and Kelly stand down from their FC roles in the meantime).

bartman

Immortal
But what will become of Priceys gravy train ?
He's still on the FC Board which is 6-1 aligned to the group formerly known as 3P, with Steve Sharp the odd one out there.

I don't know what gravy Ray likes, as last I heard he was driving buses on the Gold Coast... but you can imagine the relations between the two Boards will be a bit strained going forward, given the guys that used to control both now only control the smaller of the two, and have an alleged history of not playing nicely with others?

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
He's still on the FC Board which is 6-1 aligned to the group formerly known as 3P, with Steve Sharp the odd one out there.

I don't know what gravy Ray likes, as last I heard he was driving buses on the Gold Coast... but you can imagine the relations between the two Boards will be a bit strained going forward, given the guys that used to control both now only control the smaller of the two, and have an alleged history of not playing nicely with others?

Considering they're not controlling the cash I'd be shocked if they hung around . I'm getting the popcorn and waiting for Ray and the growths to be left high and dry .

bartman

Immortal
This old interview is hilarious.... December 2008, Ray Price after being elected to the FC Board (with Eric Grothe and Brett Kenny).

At 2mins in, Ray says to much applause: "They took the NRL side away from the football club, um, we start now to fight for a battle to get that NRL side back for the football club. It is the football club's team, not the Leagues Club's. They may back the football club up but it's a football club and you should have a football team - an NRL football team."

http://youtu.be/qSfNre1ssQQ?t=2m

Ray, and his ticket, never delivered on this in four years... instead we had to put up with Osborne and Kearney - and finally they have been held accountable.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
This old interview is hilarious.... December 2008, Ray Price after being elected to the FC Board (with Eric Grothe and Brett Kenny).

At 2mins in, Ray says to much applause: "They took the NRL side away from the football club, um, we start now to fight for a battle to get that NRL side back for the football club. It is the football club's team, not the Leagues Club's. They may back the football club up but it's a football club and you should have a football team - an NRL football team."

http://youtu.be/qSfNre1ssQQ?t=2m

Ray, and his ticket, never delivered on this in four years... instead we had to put up with Osborne and Kearney - and finally they have been held accountable.

How much to currumbin driver ?

Im Spagnolo supporter but Roy and Co should fall on their swords for the sake of the club. They should resign their positions from the football club. We don't need two boards going at each other throats. If rToy has the clubs intentions at heart he needs to this.

bartman

Immortal
Well said Jake. On the matter of Roy's choices from here, I agree.... but is it about the club, or about egos?

This is the chance for everyone to move on. Even though I wanted 3P to stay in power we don't need more board shit fights. I hope Roy and co just move on FOR THE SAKE OF THE CLUB!!

And I hope the new board leave Ken Edwards and Ricky to do what they have to... We will be truly stuffed if they start messing about with management of the team etc.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
it amazes me that people keep pointing that 3p sold assets to make profit.

as a business, wouldn't it be savvy to sell assets that do not perform or Are actually draining funds from the organisation?

Exactly. Not all investments are good investments, especially if you borrowed money to pay for them.

Anyway - good luck to the new board - I hope to christ that they are in it for the right reasons, and that Dennis Fitzgerald really isnt the puppet master.

As long as they allow us some stability in the club, and stick with the CEO and coach 3P brought in, what difference does it make?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Spagnolo ousted as Eels chairman
May 11, 2013

Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

Out: Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo has been dumped.
spagnolo-20130511231646939530-620x349.jpg

Photo: Simon Alekna

Parramatta chairman Roy Spagnolo has been sensationally ousted as Eels chairman at the club's board elections on Saturday night.

The ParraFirst rebel ticket headed by former grand final-winning Eels forward Steve Sharp was successful in sweeping to power with Robert Sassen and Eric Grothe snr believed to be the only incumbent board members who have held their positions.

Spagnolo, Mario Libertini, Lyn Wallace, Sid Kelly and Joe Saad have been replaced on the board, replaced by Sharp and fellow ParraFirst candidates Lawrence Shepherd, Peter Serrao, Chiang Lim and Tom Issa. The ParraFirst faction will hold a 5-2 balance of power in the new-look Eels boardroom.

Final voting will be ratified on Sunday with the new board expected to be inducted at Monday night's annual general meeting.

There was only a handful of votes separating the candidates but a lack of on-field results from the Parramatta NRL side over the past few years has ultimately led to the change.

Parramatta looked to be on the verge of a golden era when they surged into the 2009 grand final with young stars such as Jarryd Hayne and Daniel Mortimer playing central roles. Hayne has since struggled to maintain his excellent best while Mortimer was dumped to the club's NSW Cup side the following year before being released to join the Sydney Roosters.

There have been several coaching changes in recent years with Daniel Anderson getting the chop a year after guiding the team to the premiership decider and Stephen Kearney failing to last his two-year contract, axed mid-season last year.

Brad Arthur took over as interim coach for the rest of the 2012 season before Ricky Stuart took over at the helm this season.

The Eels have also had a high turnover of playing personnel in recent years. They have recruited some top talent for the 2014 season including Will Hopoate, Lee Mossop and Gareth Hock but the club has struggled to produce wins on a regular basis this season.

Saturday night's rousing 19-18 win over Brisbane has arrived too late to prevent Spagnolo and most of his directors from losing their positions.

Link: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ls-chairman-20130511-2jffv.html#ixzz2T08nDRvr

Loudstrat

Coach
You think just over 50% is good number?.......ass clown still stands

Do you think a f*cking 1 point win over the Broncos is a bad result? A win is a win is a win - and if this closes the most abysmal chapter in our clubs history since Fitzy was our top tryscorer - great.

I was ecstatic when 3P swept to power. Since then they have managed to do only 4 things right: getting rid of that awful "Fitzy Blue" from our jumper and returning our gold jersey to our away strip, 2) Resigned hayne, 3) Signed Edwards, 4) Signed Sticky. Everything else that was good news was because of Jarryd Hayne, and usually happened in the last 3 months of season 2009. Kearney, Osbourne shopping, more leaks than the Titanic, going hard and being rejected by f*cking Matt Orford, dumping Kingston to sign Mortimer, etc etc etc, and the wooden spoon ffs.

A new chapter starts now. lets hope its a good one!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The second CEO and coach that 3P brought in.

And they're doing a good job. Good work from the old board.

Now we just need the current board to get out of the way and leave it alone.

3P set us up for future success - they got Kearney to set up the 'academy' and now they have Stuart to motivate the team. Ken Edwards is doing a great job as CEO. What is there for the new board to do other than stay out of the f**king way?