What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

george43

Juniors
I heard that Bird wants to play in the centres? I dont know if Bird watches our first grade side.. but if anyone needs a centre its us!

Is centre Birds position?

I personally think as he ages and puts on more size he will be a gun lock... its funny he has the same surname but he reminds me alot like Greg Bird... hell be better then Bird if he keeps his head in the right direction.

If Jack Bird makes the right choices, focuses on the right things.. he will be a star of the game.

My personal opinion is that Jack Bird is a fullback but who can pay anywhere. a rare talent.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Bird wants this, Bird wants that..Bird doesn'tlike this, Bird doesn't like that...sounds like a prima donna who wants to run things. probablly would do a better job than current management..but please he's an U20 player

twinkletoes

Juniors
Bird wants this, Bird wants that..Bird doesn'tlike this, Bird doesn't like that...sounds like a prima donna who wants to run things. probablly would do a better job than current management..but please he's an U20 player

or maybe the people managing and advising him

george43

Juniors

I haven't seen or heard Jack Bird say anything to anybody about anything relating to what he wants. that has come from other quarters such as yourself

rainman44

Bench
He is a special talent and thats why i keep coming on here, i cant understand why this bloke has not been locked up long term, yes he has health problems that other teams would know about but dont seem to be worried about and thats just because he is so talented and would be worth a long term contract. Dont worry about talent this kid is a gun, i have watched all year and i just see a pure footballer who has so much strength for his size.

bottle

Coach
He is a special talent and thats why i keep coming on here, i cant understand why this bloke has not been locked up long term, yes he has health problems that other teams would know about but dont seem to be worried about and thats just because he is so talented and would be worth a long term contract. Dont worry about talent this kid is a gun, i have watched all year and i just see a pure footballer who has so much strength for his size.

What can the club do to secure him?
Apparently they have offered him more money. According to george43, who appears to know a lot about the situation, it's seems like it is Bird's decision to go if it comes to that.
I just wonder what else the club can do in this situation.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The difference between a win & loss yesterday.

Wouldn't go as far as saying a 'must keep', because I try not to get excited over NYC players.... But he's a talent, so who knows.

mighty v

Juniors
Guys...

Listen,no matter what George43 says ,if Jack Bird decides to leave us for whatever reason,it would be a big loss for our club

He is a huuge talent ,and if he has issues with our club,coaches etc ,that's his call ,BUT from where I sit ,he has progressed more under Hornby/Young than anybody else and because he is still young,is probabaly being sweettalked and promised the world by Cronulla...

he should really sit and think things thru properley before jumping ship to a club that hasn't won a premiership,and probabaly wont in its lifetime

An whats kills me ,is that if he does go,he wont have the chance to play alongside the likes of DUGAN,MORRIS,MARSHALL,MERRIN who will bring him along 10 fold

Personally believe because hes so young,hes allowing his emotions to rule his head

You don't need to like everyone,world dosent work that way ,and say what you want about young/Hornby ,but teams 1 win away from grand final

Think things thru properly brother ,or better yet ,speak to DUGES ,your solo try yesterday was duges thru and thru ,imagine what else he can teach you :O)

mightydragon

Juniors
I just watched the replay of yesterday's game and Jack Bird had an absolute blinder. He destroyed the minor premiers who gave us a touch up last week even though it finished 10 points apart. U20's is a long way from the NRL but he looks all class. If he adds a little size he will be a world beater.

mighty v

Juniors
Benny,

For some reason ,hes spruiking Bird towards the sharks..Dont know if hes related to Jack,friend or just supporter ,and george43 seems like a nice enough bloke ,but definitely pushing the SHARKS

Hes in there forum aswell ,saying that the Sharks have a great future,and we are headed for the wooded spoon etc

Seems ,very hostile towards us ie our club

BennyV

Referee
Benny,

For some reason ,hes spruiking Bird towards the sharks..Dont know if hes related to Jack,friend or just supporter ,and george43 seems like a nice enough bloke ,but definitely pushing the SHARKS

Hes in there forum aswell ,saying that the Sharks have a great future,and we are headed for the wooded spoon etc

Seems ,very hostile towards us ie our club

So you can add delusional to the description of him...

Steelman

Juniors
Fullback ?? Please the only time I've seen jack play fullback was the last comp game against Newcastle and they were flogged.
I was starting to think you knew a little about the kid.

Anyone who knows Jack will tell you natural 5/8 or lock who dream is to play Nrl with his loved red & white.

TruSaint

Referee
Fullback ?? Please the only time I've seen jack play fullback was the last comp game against Newcastle and they were flogged.

Anyone who knows Jack will tell you natural 5/8 or lock who dream is to play Nrl with his loved red & white.

From what i saw yesterday Steeleman, have to agree.
Skills of a halves player with the strength and mobility of a great lock / edge runner.
Not saying he cant play FB, just havent seen enough to judge that.

watatank

Coach
Don't know what is going on behind the scenes but surely this should be a straightforward signing. Money shouldn't be an issue, we can easily offer a reasonable amount under the Top 25 list. As for first grade opportunities, well he can easily develop into the "utility" role that everyone thinks Quinlan can play, and actually have the versatility to play other positions. He could be a backup centre and an extra halves option for sure. We could definitely do with backrow depth although realistically at least a year early for that type of move. Whichever way you look at it he seems more like a sign first, find a position for him later. If the Roosters can find a spot for Jackson Hastings then surely we can find a spot for Bird in first grade.

Last edited:

rainman44

Bench
What can the club do to secure him?
Apparently they have offered him more money. According to george43, who appears to know a lot about the situation, it's seems like it is Bird's decision to go if it comes to that.
I just wonder what else the club can do in this situation.
He should have been signed well before now, everyone could see his talent last year and early this year but our recruitment team could not? Thank god peter Molholland is here now.

twinkletoes

Juniors
...what is he after exactly to make a decision to stay with the Dragons...doesn't seem like money. Does he want some guarantee as to what position he plays and an avenue to first grade??..I don't know..if somebody does can they please enlighten me

BennyV

Referee

Dude, didnt you read his posts? Apparently the young forwards respect and listen to him...that is irrefutable evidence that fullback is his only position, and NYC cant win the comp without him at fullback :sarcasm::roll:

Latest posts