What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

LazyDreamer

Bench
I agree...

But this "gig" with the NRL is coinciding with the release of her new song(the one I posted), maybe the NRL got a cheaper deal because they're helping her release her new song.

Also FTR:
Heavy metal is for Emo's or people over the age of 25; it is terrible music, where people just scream into microphones.

LMFAO! You sound like my f***ing grandmother!

worriers

Juniors
I dont care much about the pre match stuff, just how much I'm gonna go off after the game when the mighty Warriors take the title!

Eskimo Joe also preforming too. Source- Twitter.

Eskimo Joe are about the shittest band I have ever heard.

Kelly Clarkson > Eskimo Joe. At least she has talent.

uhhh, they may not be everyones taste but they started the hard way so people should respect them for that. I don't mind a couple of their songs.

f**king snore.

I LIKE HEAVY METAL SO WE SHOULD HAVE IT AT THE GRAND FINAL WAAAAAAAA.

For people who like heavy metal and other "hard rock", you sure all whinge alot.

(For the record I don't like Clarkson, but Eskimo Joe are a decent save)

lol agree I hope they play this for the warriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI9GWamslKU

I agree...

But this "gig" with the NRL is coinciding with the release of her new song(the one I posted), maybe the NRL got a cheaper deal because they're helping her release her new song.

yeah of course thats what it is, they got her for the name to attract a certain fan base. The NRL should put a little more thought into the music being showcased.

LazyDreamer

Bench
LOL Hi youngin, its me... Nana :sarcasm:

Music actually has to have lyrics you can understand and a solid beat; not just white noise.

So by that definition, opera - with no 'solid beat :shock: - is not music. Classical music - with no lyrics :shock: - is not music. Care to share the link to where this definition originated, gran'paw?? :crazy:

So by that definition, opera - with no 'solid beat :shock: - is not music. Classical music - with no lyrics :shock: - is not music. Care to share the link to where this definition originated, gran'paw?? :crazy:

LOL should have defined it better.

but I just don't like heavy metal. :)

LazyDreamer

Bench
LOL should have defined it better.

but I just don't like heavy metal. :)

And fair enough. I don't like country and/or western, opera, hip-hop ... but I don't define music as having to have balls and distorted guitars, and by definition dismiss everything else as 'not music'. Each to their own, I say. But the level of musicianship as individuals and as a band is truly jaw-dropping in something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jud_SnKTlY&feature=relmfu

hutch

First Grade
Music is never going to be something that everybody agrees on which is why they choose performers who appeal to the masses. IMO, heavy metal is horrible music but each to their own!

Death Metal, metalcore, deathcore, screamo etc is f**king pathetic. A bunch of noise for mentally f**ked people who'd be better placed in a Buddhist Monastery so they can deal with w/e repressed issues they have.

I see no reason or talent in screaming down a mic like a bellend. And it doesn't take any talent, I've seen horrorcore rappers(who suck also, for the most part) do the same shit at the drop of the hat in a studio.

Fair enough everything that isn't the vocals is actually very good, and takes a huge amount of talent, I don't think you could take that away from them. But the screaming is nonsense - It's not music, it never will be. I'd actually be pretty dirty if I was a super-awesome guitarist or drummer and some psychologically ill person was ruining my art with their geniusation.

That shit posted by Lazy Dreamer just disgusts me. It's foul, ugly and vile. Take away the shit merkin who's screaming into the microphone and my opinion might well change. I mean, what's the f**king point? I can't even make out what's being sang! I had to look up the lyrics online, they're pretty good, a shame they can't be heard on the actual song.

I think people who listen to that sort of thing are ugly people too. You have too be an ugly and nasty person inside, consciously or subconsciously, to enjoy it. I don't think a truly positive and kind person could ever like that.

I despise the whole growling, shouty-shouty scene. I know it's irrational and I come off as some sort of musical bigot, the Hitler of musical genres, even, but I can't stomach it! if I woke up to that sort of music I'd feel physically ill. I think objectively, not subjectively but objectively, the vast majority of humans are ingrained with something inside them that tells them that it's repulsive music.

Go find a tribe with no contact to the outside world, you can show them every genre under the sun, they'd find some redeeming value to even the most vilified of genres. Even hip hop songs they'd enjoy the beats and rhyming rhythms. Opera they'd find beautiful, despite having no understanding. But that screamo heavy metal bullshit would see them run into the bush, brandish a big 'chete and kill you all for being devils :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckS5DZRkWqI

Cheer up, it might never happen

Latest posts