What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Joel-22

Juniors
Can we just go hard for Jake and Tom Trbojevic? I'd put up with another year of literal human shit if we just go all out and snare them both.

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jake Mamo
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Peter Mata'utia
5.Chanel Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jake Cogger
8.Jacob Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Daniel Saifiti
11.Mitch Barnett
12.Pauli Pauli
13.Jake Trbojevic (c)

14.Korbin Sims
15.Sam Mataora
16.Robbie Rochow
17.-

macavity

Referee
Can we just go hard for Jake and Tom Trbojevic? I'd put up with another year of literal human shit if we just go all out and snare them both.

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jake Mamo
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Peter Mata'utia
5.Chanel Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jake Cogger
8.Jacob Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Daniel Saifiti
11.Mitch Barnett
12.Pauli Pauli
13.Jake Trbojevic (c)

14.Korbin Sims
15.Sam Mataora
16.Robbie Rochow
17.-

why the hell would they come here?

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I reckon he tries. I won't question his effort. A lot of that is up the middle and he goes nowhere much.
Issue is he just doesn't have the strength to break tackles and the opposition works him out.
Wrap 3 players around him and he is cut down. It was the same last night - he came in a bit early on and was shut down fairly easily.

Ha ha you'd be hard pressed to find any outside back who can bust a 3 man tackle

Frederick

Staff member
The Johns brothers have a weird potentially gay obsession with the Tribojevic's if the feelings are mutual maybe they could convince them?

When was the last time the Johns brothers actually did anything to benefit the club?

Not that they owe us anything, because they don't. But they won't be recommending any half decent players come our way any time soon, because they know it'll be career suicide for them

Knight Vision

First Grade
You don't think Ross Dawg would have scored those tries that Gagai did?

Form is temporary and class is permanent. Ross is in form, Gagai is pure class.

If Ross was any sort of quality player he would of made NRL way before now. He would be eaten alive in SOO.

K-Man

Bench
Why are people so excited about Gagai's Origin performances? He's catching the ball on the end of an all star backline and diving over for some tries. Nothing wrong with it but it doesn't make him a superstar winger. He would do nothing on the wing for us.

Yes he scored three tries, but Justin Ryder can score a hat trick. His 80m run saw him easily out paced by a forward. People are saying Frizell was all heart, honestly Dane is just not that fast. And if he doesn't slide over and score he would be getting criticised. But he just makes it and he's an amazing speedy winger?

Solid game. Nothing that most wingers in the comp couldn't have managed.

K-Man

Bench
He didn't even beat a tackle to score any of them. How exactly would any winger have not scored the same tries? He caught the footy and ran forwards and put it down. Ross would probably also have scored them, except he would have burnt Frizzel easily.

Gagai also directly conceded a try with a brain explosion when his team was winning the game. That was as much a lowlight as any other play was a highlight.

How can people not see that playing on the wing for Queensland is the easiest job in league.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
He didn't even beat a tackle to score any of them. How exactly would any winger have not scored the same tries? He caught the footy and ran forwards and put it down. Ross would probably also have scored them, except he would have burnt Frizzel easily.

Gagai also directly conceded a try with a brain explosion when his team was winning the game. That was as much a lowlight as any other play was a highlight.

How can people not see that playing on the wing for Queensland is the easiest job in league.

I'm not disagreeing with you but what did Dane do that led to a NSW try?

slotmachine

First Grade
Batted a cross-field bomb straight to Maloney who ran 90 metres to score, sort of the reverse of his first try.

Joel-22

Juniors
I feel no need to even engage with any of you because one thing is certain:

If Dane doesn't kill it here, he'll kill it somewhere else. f**k his SOO performance/s, that's not what I'm using to judge Dane's ability. Dane has been the best back at this club since he arrived in 2012. He's had an average 12 months of football by his standards, that happens though - he's only just turned 25 ffs

Frederick

Staff member

If Dane doesn't kill it here, he'll kill it somewhere else. f**k his SOO performance/s, that's not what I'm using to judge Dane's ability. Dane has been the best back at this club since he arrived in 2012. He's had an average 12 months of football by his standards, that happens though - he's only just turned 25 ffs

Age is not the issue here. His pay packet is, and what we're getting in return for it is. He's aku 2.0 - being given an obscene amount of money, and not delivering anywhere near what he should be. For what he's getting paid, he should be single handedly winning games, whether it be in attack or defense. Instead he's doing neither. He's not a fullbacks arsehole, is too selfish to be a capable center, and is too slow to be a top 5 winger.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Even if this is true (highly debatable), he is still eating up $.5mil of the salary cap...

We could put someone else in his position for a fraction of the price and get similar quality. Then we would have and extra $.4mil to throw around the rest of the team.

He is like Aku now or Jennings when he was at the Panthers; a good players, but not nearly worth what he is getting paid. He will never take a pay cut and he'll probably be asking for an upgrade soon, so its better to just move him on.

Nuffy

Bench
I, like many of you have been watching the club's performances closely and hoping that things are improving. The jury is out but I am happy that we are cleaning house.

We are at a point where I think its time again to reach out to the club for further information and to clarify the clubs position on a few issues as I feel that they are just trying to get to seasons end and hope things improve and some of their public statements and media stories seem to be more about positive PR than anything else.

What does everyone think, is it time to ask some questions?

Spot On

Coach

In what position do you think Dane would 'kill it' at his next club?

Latest posts