What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

latest odds

Nuke

Staff member
Messiah said:
Dragons are favourites.

This gives me no doubts that we will win.
Yeah, because the Dragons don't have a history of choking...!

I must admit, if Newcastle aren't to win the Premiership in 2006, I think I'll be going for your Dragons.

Canard

Immortal
Historically have two grand finalists, ever been such long odds the very next season? (Such is the case today?)

If positive even Penrith were 2nd or so favourites to win the year after they won it all.

why are the tigers odds so big we get stronger yet are odds move out

still no one is taking the tigers seriously we would have too win 8 premierships in a row before anyone notices :roll:

effnic

Bench
even i will admit if we are playing the tigers in an upcoming week i am not as nervous as i would be if we had to play st george or parra not sure why.

skeepe

Immortal
joel caine number 1 fan said:

still no one is taking the tigers seriously we would have too win 8 premierships in a row before anyone notices :roll:

:-({|=

The Colonel

Immortal
joel caine number 1 fan said:

Being a target in the year after a premiership win makes it hard to repeat the feat and that is reflected in the betting. Don't complain - put your hard earned on it.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Redback71 said:
warriors in top 5 without stacey jones :)

Not to mention Paaleasina who IMHO is a bigger loss than Stacey. Fien will go well at halfback, but without Feka there the forwards will struggle, especially if Price and/or Wiki are injured.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You might as well give them the trophy.

I hope they dont win the comp, every year there's so much media hype about how "the Dragons have prepared well", "had a good off season", "this is their year", "Barrett's fit". I'll be satisfied when they actually win the comp.

When the last time the favourties before the season started won the comp. I think mightve been Brisbane one year, who were early favourites in 2000.

Warriors, Raiders and Penrith will struggle this year.

Cronulla odd's are funny, behind Melbourne. I can see them improve, although Nutley is a big loss.

aenima1

Juniors
when will people get that the dragons aren't anywhere near the best side in the comp? how did someone come up with these odds in the 1st place with them as favourites? it'll be the same old story every year, everyone has huge hopes and are let down by the end of the year.

Mr Saab

Referee
Best odds i have seen are

Raiders NOT to make the 8 at 1.28
Warriors NOT to make the 8 at 1.55

much better than bank interest. Will be getting on the warriors at 1.55. Wiki, Price all another yr older. Their halves are very questionable and they will still get in the habit of "hot potato".

Knights to make the 8 are great too, but of course you have to rely on Johns to play at least 20 games. It is paying 1.60.
If you think the Knights will fold then get on them at 2.10

Parra Guru

Coach
aenima1 said:
when will people get that the dragons aren't anywhere near the best side in the comp? how did someone come up with these odds in the 1st place with them as favourites? it'll be the same old story every year, everyone has huge hopes and are let down by the end of the year.

They have the best potential and they should be rated as the top side in the comp.

You only have to look at who sits in their PL team to realise how strong they are

No surprise Dragons & Eels are top two. Tigers Odds look relatively juicy to me, worth a punt.

Although Anasta & Harrison will help the chooks, they are not the side they once were, odds too short IMO.

Souths at 41 & Canberra at 61, they are polite odds.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
aenima1 said:

Odds are dictated by what money is put on what team. :)

The Colonel

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Knights to make the 8 are great too, but of course you have to rely on Johns to play at least 20 games. It is paying 1.60.
If you think the Knights will fold then get on them at 2.10

The 2.10 seems pretty good. Hagan leaving could have a big effect on them IMO - June 30 will be very disruptive. Smith is leaving as well but at this stage I think its into the media as opposed to another coaching role.

Iafeta

Referee
Dragon_psa said:
Not to mention Paaleasina who IMHO is a bigger loss than Stacey. Fien will go well at halfback, but without Feka there the forwards will struggle, especially if Price and/or Wiki are injured.

?

Price, Wiki, Guttenbeil, Anderson, Koopu all played test footy last year. Villasanti is an ex-Kanga, and then there's the Junior Kiwis brigade coming through in Rapira and Fa'i in particular.

Paleaaesina is a massive loss, but if anything last year we were too reliant on the forwards and too forward orientated. We pretty much dominated, or at least achieved parity with every pack we played against.

Parra Guru said:
They have the best potential and they should be rated as the top side in the comp.

You only have to look at who sits in their PL team to realise how strong they are

Putting money on the dragons is like backing a hurdler who seems to have the race won ,but always falls at one of the last couple of jumps .

You would have to be a brave man to throw your hard earned on them .....

Can i get on the broncs to lead the comp easily by round 14 ,only to fade to about 5th come finals time ?

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Dudes, my odds are in bold next to the posetd ones.

ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA 6.00 8.50

PARRAMATTA EELS 6.50 6.50

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 6.50 9.50

THE BULLDOGS 10.00 14.00

WESTS TIGERS 10.00 6.00

NORTH QLD COWBOYS 11.00 9.50

BRISBANE BRONCOS 12.00 13.00

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 13.00 13.00

MANLY SEA EAGLES 16.00 12.00

PENRITH PANTHERS 21.00 21.00

CRONULLA SHARKS 26.00 30.00

MELBOURNE STORM 26.00 18.00

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 29.00 41.00

SOUTH SYDNEY 41.00 26.00

CANBERRA RAIDERS 61.00 61.00

effnic

Bench
Balmain bug your odds make more sense except souths should be equal with the raiders.

Latest posts