What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol@souffs 2011

Big Sam

First Grade
We could lend you this one Muzby:
http://prosports.web3.nospam03.com.au/media/pics/site/imagecache/5/D/5D12DD7940A1FF2A3992B646E5D5788B.jpg

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We could lend you this one Muzby:
http://prosports.web3.nospam03.com.au/media/pics/site/imagecache/5/D/5D12DD7940A1FF2A3992B646E5D5788B.jpg

wow, isn't that pretty, but unfortunately i need photos that were taken in colour...

and we're looking for memorabila.. something that allows the user to cast their mind back to when the event occured..

given it's for our workplace, your suggested piece will be irrelevant - unfortunately people retire at 65 so no one here will know what that poster represents..

gUt

Coach
Interesting trivia that may be relevant to the thread. I was reading this at work and my assistant, who does not follow rugby league, glanced over my shoulder at the 62-0 screen shot above. He said, "Wow... well then again it is Souths."

He's a good kid but as I say he doesn't follow the game. Makes his "Souths" comment interesting.

As you were.

Mattyoh

Juniors
Good luck on Friday rooster fans. I think we may struggle but hopefully it will be a corker of a game. If we have an advantage anywhere I would say it is likely us souths fans will outnumber you blokes about 3:1, virtually turning your home game into our own.

muzby you can always hang this on the wall

myspoon.jpg

You don't have to be 65 to have seen them either

Good luck on Friday rooster fans. I think we may struggle but hopefully it will be a corker of a game. If we have an advantage anywhere I would say it is likely us souths fans will outnumber you blokes about 3:1, virtually turning your home game into our own.

:lol::lol:

You guys have never outnumbered us at any game. Back to metho you f**king peasant.

Lambretta

First Grade

I'm actually looking forward to Friday night - I've got about 8-10 coming along with me. One Panthers fan, one Parra, 4 Roosters and 2-4 Poms who are coming to their first League game.

Will be interesting to see what they think of it.

I reckon the crowd will be about 50/50 and I expect about 20,000 maybe 25,000 if it's not raining. Of course the vast majority of Roosters fans will be sitting on the tunnel side where the cameras are, so on TV it will look like Souths out number us 3 or 4 to 1 as it did at the Tigers game in the Finals last season and Rabs will crap on about the ground being full of Souths fans to ensure the myth of the Roosters having no fans lives another day - but we're used to it as we know it's bollocks.

Big Sam

First Grade
You guys have never outnumbered us at any game. Back to metho you f**king peasant.

FYI I went to that game we put 50 on you and aside from the Roosters members in Bay 35, the entire Eastern Grandstand was Souths supporters. Don't know about the Western Grandstand but given that it's set aside for your members I'm guessing it wasn't that full. So we did outnumber you that day.

CMUX

I reckon the crowd will be about 50/50 and I expect about 20,000 maybe 25,000 if it's not raining. Of course the vast majority of Roosters fans will be sitting on the tunnel side where the cameras are, so on TV it will look like Souths out number us 3 or 4 to 1 as it did at the Tigers game in the Finals last season and Rabs will crap on about the ground being full of Souths fans to ensure the myth of the Roosters having no fans lives another day - but we're used to it as we know it's bollocks.

I couldn’t agree more Lambretta.

From memory the crowd for that game was 35,000 and I was astounded when people on forums/media were claiming the tigers outnumbered us 3 or 4 to 1. Very close to even IMO.

Anyways, on to the game, I am a bit worried if Carney doesn’t play but I guess it makes it all the more sweeter if we do win without him.

CMUX

Better still... this memorable keepsake can be treasured by ALL ages from toddlers onwards :lol: ....

SoftcocksSpoon.jpg

Oh the irony!!

1 spoon in 45 years for the chooks which didn’t happen in our centenary year by the way

5 spoons by Souths in the same period :lol:

Galeforce

Bench
my first memory of Roosters , was there No Win season back in 1966.
YES No win.
I felt sorry for the pathetic roosters then and continue to feel sorry for some of their pathetic supporters who have short memories.
So Tonearm , go stick your pathetic shoulder chip , up yours.

CMUX

YES No win.
I felt sorry for the pathetic roosters then and continue to feel sorry for some of their pathetic supporters who have short memories.

I’m 25 years old and my first memory of South’s was.... well I can’t pin point it. Might have something to do with them being irrelevant well before 1986 :lol:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
YES No win.

128895459275769404.jpg

Ozzy

First Grade
YES No win.
As bad as that is, it still beats no play seasons.

FYI I went to that game we put 50 on you and aside from the Roosters members in Bay 35, the entire Eastern Grandstand was Souths supporters. Don't know about the Western Grandstand but given that it's set aside for your members I'm guessing it wasn't that full. So we did outnumber you that day.

Lol the entire eastern grandstand was not souffs fans and by sitting on the west I was looking straight across and you're simply lying there. Souffs fans were all in the GA bays.

Like I said you've never outnumbered us at our home game

Galeforce

Bench
As bad as that is, it still beats no play seasons.

agree , however that was not a Souths decision, it was a poor NRL decision. However what does not kill you , usually makes you stronger and consider Souths today .
# 1 fan membership for starters .
Who would NRL kick out now from the Sydney team?
Sharks and Roosters would be in that mix. Without deep throat Nic , roosters for sure.