What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol@souffs 2011

lol Ziggy the androtop is back from his little february nervous breakdown.

Souffs could do the right thing and give us our juniors back.

CMUX

[COLOR=black said:
Mattyoh;7217396][/COLOR]
Rooster fans have the one of the worst attendance records out of all the clubs, it is a well known fact only you blokes refuse to acknowledge. I don't know why you would think stats going back to 2002 are relevant, I am talking about now, not nine seasons ago. I have no idea if rooster fans went to games in 2002.

What I do know is that south's attendance records have been easily higher than yours for a number of years now, even though our team has been struggling to win games throughout those years, indeed for decades. This also includes last year, when we didnt make the finals and you made the grandfinal - I would love to do a pie chart but I dont think it's necessary, it speaks for itself. Your attendance levels were obviously down in 2009 because you were a disgrace to the game off the field, fair enough. But I wouldn't count on ticket sales if you start underperforming.

Good luck Friday, you will be hard to beat, even without Carney.

I would have thought the reason for me choosing 2002 as a starting point was obvious i.e. the first year Souths were reinstated.

Also, 9 years normally represents a good cycle for most sides i.e. a mix of successful, non-successful and average seasons which all effects crowd numbers.

Additionally, South’s crowds have not “easily” been bigger than ours, last year for example was fairly close.

adamkungl

Immortal
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Also, 9 years normally represents a good cycle for most sides i.e. a mix of successful, non-successful and average seasons which all effects crowd numbers.

:lol: souffs have a mix of non-successful, non-successful, and non-successful seasons

CMUX

Adam don’t forget that in the last 4 years South’s have had their 2 most “successful” seasons in the modern era finishing 7th in 2007 and 9th in 2010. They were quite shocked in 2007 when they had to play in September, word is the players wanted over time rates.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Rooster fans have the one of the worst attendance records out of all the clubs, it is a well known fact only you blokes refuse to acknowledge. I don't know why you would think stats going back to 2002 are relevant, I am talking about now, not nine seasons ago. I have no idea if rooster fans went to games in 2002.

What I do know is that south's attendance records have been easily higher than yours for a number of years now, even though our team has been struggling to win games throughout those years, indeed for decades. This also includes last year, when we didnt make the finals and you made the grandfinal - I would love to do a pie chart but I dont think it's necessary, it speaks for itself. Your attendance levels were obviously down in 2009 because you were a disgrace to the game off the field, fair enough. But I wouldn't count on ticket sales if you start underperforming.

Good luck Friday, you will be hard to beat, even without Carney.

actually matty, the average home crowd for the roosters is higher than yours..

since 2002 it looks like this:

roosters 14,502.89
souffs 13,416.69

now.. this only takes into account home games...

total home and away for the roosters is also higher, which shows a good nationwide appeal of their brand...

and lets not forget, when you add in finals appearances (because they will also count as home games in the first week of the finals) they blow you guys out of the water...

they end up with an average more than 20% higher than souffs for 2010 alone..

(btw, all figures here.. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2010.html)

i make a recommendation mattyoh - stop trying to quote figures and statistics.. you are bringing yourself undone and making souffs fans look even more stupid...

Mattyoh

Juniors
Once again for the morons. 2002 was nine seasons ago, I am talking about now. However far you think that goes back, one year, two, three, the word "now" only stretches so far. Using stats from nine seasons ago is, once again, irrelevent. Lets take any one of the last four seasons since Rusty took over, wether you think "now" strecthes back four years is your opinion - Does anyone here think that the rooster's have had a higher average home game crowd than an underperforming souths in any of the last four years? If you do you are delusional. You probably do.

I rate you blokes. You are obviously passionately blind rooster fans. You are the exception and I wish there were more of you for the good of RL. But it's like talking to a brick wall.

adamkungl

Immortal
If we're only looking at now, Roosters are Grand Finalists and souffs are duds. Excellent. Mind you, if you look back for the last 40 years the picture doesn't really change that much.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Once again for the morons. 2002 was nine seasons ago, I am talking about now. However far you think that goes back, one year, two, three, the word "now" only stretches so far. Using stats from nine seasons ago is, once again, irrelevent.

actually, it's stats starting from 2002 and including "now"... it's essentially your entire history since re-instation..

Lets take any one of the last four seasons since Rusty took over, wether you think "now" strecthes back four years is your opinion - Does anyone here think that the rooster's have had a higher average home game crowd than an underperforming souths in any of the last four years? If you do you are delusional. You probably do.

okay... let's take 2010 (pretty good considering it's "now").

souths - 12 home games, total crowd 201,835, average crowd 17,355
roosters - 13 home games, total crowd 227,523, average crowd 17,502

ergo the value and benefit of playing finals matches.. it's not just good for the team moral, it's great for the club coffers..

You are obviously passionately blind rooster fans. You are the exception and I wish there were more of you for the good of RL. But it's like talking to a brick wall.

actually i'm not a roosters fan.. i'm impartial in this debate... and i say you are wrong (and the numbers prove it..)

Mattyoh

Juniors
actually i'm not a roosters fan.. i'm impartial in this debate... and i say you are wrong (and the numbers prove it..)[/QUOTE]

Since you are constantly trolling the souths forum with your dribble I find it very hard to consider you impartial. In fact, you are completely bias.

There is no argument from me that we have been very poor onfield for a long long time, with the exception of our minor premiership in '89. I am sure you will continue to remind me of that in any discussion, relevant or not, but I assure you, no one is more aware of this than souths fans.

Obviously we didnt make it to the grandfinal last year so your fgures are skewed. Comparing any two things requires looking at them within the same pretext. You haven't. Although I do like your effort. Next time you should put more thought into it and actually read my post. It may help you put foward a legitimate argument.

Let me rephrase my question for the cognitively impaired: When was the last year, during an actual season proper, when all 16 teams were actually still competing, the roosters averaged more home-game supporters than souths?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
actually i'm not a roosters fan..

i know.. you follow the joke of the league..

Since you are constantly trolling the souths forum with your dribble I find it very hard to consider you impartial. In fact, you are completely bias.

i "dribble" just as much over the roosters forum as i do in the rabbits or just about any other forum.. don't kid yourself that the bunnies are special and get any more of my time..

and nb - what does it mean that i'm "bias"? do you mean "biased" or are you implying that my rear end swings both ways?

Obviously we didnt make it to the grandfinal last year so your fgures are skewed.

i know you didn't make it to the grand final last year, but that doesn't skew my figures one bit. i didn't include the grand final or the prelim..

Comparing any two things requires looking at them within the same pretext. You haven't.

actually, i have. i looked at them with exactly the same pretext... i looked at average figures across ALL HOME GAMES.. i can't help it that you guys choked in rd 26 last year and that meant that your season finished earlier and therefore you are at a disadvantage because the roosters got an extra home game...

Although I do like your effort. Next time you should put more thought into it and actually read my post. It may help you put foward a legitimate argument.

i did read your post. you asked for a comparison of home crowds in a recent season (one since rusty took over). i gave you that - 2010.

you got exactly what you asked for.

why are you now saying i didn't read it?? is it because you were shown up as wrong (again)?

Let me rephrase my question for the cognitively impaired: When was the last year, during an actual season proper, when all 16 teams were actually still competing, the roosters averaged more home-game supporters than souths?

2010. there were 16 teams competing..

although i do like how you are adding in more conditions as we go along (the 16 teams is a new one..) so that rules out pre 2007..

maybe next we can get even more specific - in a year that the roosters didn't make the finals perhaps?

or maybe a season where there were 4 full moons during the time that all 3 origin games were played, as well as 3 different coaching changes happening during the course of the regular season?

please, give me the next challenge.. this is fun :)

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Once again for the morons. 2002 was nine seasons ago, I am talking about now. However far you think that goes back, one year, two, three, the word "now" only stretches so far. Using stats from nine seasons ago is, once again, irrelevent. Lets take any one of the last four seasons since Rusty took over, wether you think "now" strecthes back four years is your opinion - Does anyone here think that the rooster's have had a higher average home game crowd than an underperforming souths in any of the last four years? If you do you are delusional. You probably do.

I rate you blokes. You are obviously passionately blind rooster fans. You are the exception and I wish there were more of you for the good of RL. But it's like talking to a brick wall.

When was your last premiership? Souths fans always seem to rattle off how many premierships they have won, yet have no recent history to go on. South Sydney? They are the biggest myth in Australian sport.

CMUX

actually i'm not a roosters fan.. i'm impartial in this debate... and i say you are wrong (and the numbers prove it..)

There is no argument from me that we have been very poor onfield for a long long time, with the exception of our minor premiership in '89. I am sure you will continue to remind me of that in any discussion, relevant or not, but I assure you, no one is more aware of this than souths fans.

Obviously we didnt make it to the grandfinal last year so your fgures are skewed. Comparing any two things requires looking at them within the same pretext. You haven't. Although I do like your effort. Next time you should put more thought into it and actually read my post. It may help you put foward a legitimate argument.

Lol @ the 16 teams provision. That only leaves us with 4 years of data, 2 of which were the roosters’ worst seasons in recent memory (07 and 09) and South’s enjoyed 2 of their most “successful” seasons in 20 years (07 and 10).

Muzby has already proven that the roosters averaged more home fans than Souths in 2010.

Let’s not also forget that the roosters were involved in 2 of the top 3 attended regular season games in Sydney. The first being the Anzac clash (number 3 on the list and a dragons home game) and the second being the SCG clash against the dragons (number 1 on the list and a roosters home game).

With the roosters hosting the opener this year (hopefully 30,000, weather permitting) and a round 4 home game against the tigers (should draw 20,000+ due to semi final last year) and the roosters also hosting the Anzac game this year (could be a sell out if both teams are performing well), I am quite confident of a strong home average for the chooks this year.