What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Kelly & Sandow

what is the story on Ken Sio, i think that kid has the game to be very good. I would be penciling him in in our 12 month/ 3 year plan ... if they have one !

eel01s

Bench
I don't think we should be targeting either Williams from Manly - look at how both are going. What would they add to our side?

Agent Mulder

Bench
orry jodeci i have to disagree, if hoppa does sign I would play him in the centres or 5-8. Hayne is our #1 and still one of the best kick returners in the NRL.

I would love to see Hoppa come and play in the #4 jersey and have Humble at 5-8 or go after widdop, rogers or moltzen to play in the #6

Moltzen? Didnt even know he still played.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I haven't been assured any names but put it this way, the Sandow signing is nothing compared to what is to come

Stagger will even back me up on this

Hate to sound like a negitive nancy I really do but i heard of lot of this talk last year yet we didn't sign anyone really.

Just hope your right.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hate to sound like a negitive nancy I really do but i heard of lot of this talk last year yet we didn't sign anyone really.

Just hope your right.

this year we have a coach with a signfacant plan to take us forward, fair to say it didn't include this year given that we lost several players whilst he wasn't in charge, signed very few quality players but also lost 2 outside backs due to retirement and personal reasons.

SK was always going to struggle to get the squad where we all wanted it to be.

Noa

First Grade
He will come if we offer him 1st grade. he won't get it at Melb Widdop/Cronk. I hope Souths aren't intelligent enough to buy him.

Kelly is potentially more of a 7 than Sandow.

You may be disappointed there Mr T

Eels Dude

Coach
this year we have a coach with a signfacant plan to take us forward, fair to say it didn't include this year given that we lost several players whilst he wasn't in charge, signed very few quality players but also lost 2 outside backs due to retirement and personal reasons.

SK was always going to struggle to get the squad where we all wanted it to be.

It's all well and good to have a plan, it's another thing to be able to execute it properly.

While I appreciate your inside info, Mulder does make a good point in that there were plans to recruit certain players last year but it just didn't happen in the end. The same could happen this year, so it's just a case of beleiving it when seeing it.

MrT

Juniors
last year we chased

Cooper Cronk
Cooper Cronk
Cooper Cronk
Cooper Cronk

we missed out on all of them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone think we should buy Luke Kelly still and offer him the 7 jumper and have Sandow at 6????

Funny this thread should be resurrected.

I was thinking earlier that I thought Sandow might be moved to the left, with Kelly going into the middle at halfback. Of course, Sandow would keep the 7 jersey - imagine the media frenzy if he was given jersey number 6? :shock:

But Sandow played five-eighth against the Raiders. One benefit was that he got to defend on the easier left side. That said, the return of Ben Smith should solve the where-to-hide-Sandow conundrum.

Latest posts