What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Gold Coast @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 11: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ryan.a87

Juniors
I think if buzz is even half right about any of them, just rest them, we have a bye next week, no point is risking them, just give them 2 weeks to recover

Woody90

Juniors
I think if buzz is even half right about any of them, just rest them, we have a bye next week, no point is risking them, just give them 2 weeks to recover

It’s a tough one. Definitely don’t want to risk them if they’re injured. At the same time though we’re looking at possibly half the team and 75% of our salary cap sitting on the sidelines for this game. We’re not in a position to be able to rest players unless they’re legitimately injured.

Burwood

Bench
These aren’t the sort of injuries you risk- much rather we miss players for one game than four because they further aggravate it.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. David Armstrong 2. Enari Tuala 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Jack Cogger 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Dylan Lucas 13. Adam Elliott

14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Kai Pearce-Paul 16. Brodie Jones 17. Jack Hetherington
18. Mathew Croker 19. Jed Cartwright 20. Krystian Mapapalangi 21. Thomas Cant 22. Fletcher Sharpe

Out: Tyson Gamble (five-eighth), Daniel Saifiti (front row)
In: Jack Cogger (five-eighth), Jacob Saifiti (front row), Mat Croker (reserve), Jed Cartwright (reserve), Krystian Mapapalangi (reserve), Thomas Cant (reserve), Fletcher Sharpe (reserve)

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
They’ve got two hookers playing in the halves.

But they’re a team that hasn’t got much to lose so I imagine they’ll throw the ball around and go on the attack anyway. Typically this is one of those games we tend to lose.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Their game plan is pretty obvious. Run Fifita at Cogger all game.
Yeah I’m sure we’ll have a plan to combat this. Fifita is playing left side this year isn’t he? That would mean Frizell would be his opposite man. Honestly I can’t think of anyone else in our team who I’d rather have trying to mark Fifita. Probably need to tell Gags to help out a bit there too.

None of this is guaranteed to work of course, because Fifita is a genetically modified super human but I just hope we Friz basically takes it upon himself to never let Fifita run at Cogger 1:1 at least.

Also the other way to help prevent this happening is to win the middle of the field. Don’t let Fifita have enough time on the ball to wind up and get a head of steam. We need to win the middle contest and keep Fifita out of the game (as much as is possible) that way.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Little doubt Fifita will score a try in this game.
But he usually only does one or two good things per game so I’m not worried about him.

mozza91

Coach
Cogger’s defence is the least worrying aspect of his game. He’s small but he’s not a bad one on one defender. His terrible attacking game is more of a concern.

It's a shame KPP is coming off the bench at the moment, feels like a bit of a waste.
My guess is he's played big minutes in nearly every game so far this year and as a young fella not used to the NRL, the coaching staff have felt he needs a bit of a deload. We already have enough injuries at the moment so it's probably a smart move, especially against the weaker teams

Old dog

Bench
Titans 2 wins last 5 biggest deficit 6pts so they could have been 5-0 or 0-5.
Expect a close game even with the players missing

Latest posts