What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce

Who will win? Round 15: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
Ah yes, the whole forum with the shit opinion but you, again.

Don't think anyone is wholly blaming him but it's not the first time champion.

Whose fault is it we have conceded the most tries by kicks in the NRL?
Mate, I was celebrating with two minutes to go. Clearly I have some shit opinions too…

perverse

Referee
Dude is always stuck at the ruck. Or not in position. Find me a fullback who's positional play is worse in the NRL.
Probably because he's always making tackles our front line defence should be making. Not that he's great positionally, but you're having a crack at the wrong moment. That try wasn't because of Ponga.

It's like how Aku used to get blamed for every try down his wing... even if he was 3 on 1.

mozza91

Coach
We are really good at losing in heartbreaking fashion at Canberra.
Pretty simple don’t start like shit and we win that reasonably comfortable. Atrocious edge defence and handling.

Alex28

Coach
I never like us to lose. But I'm also not a gullible moron who thinks we have a coach that's just a bit unlucky because we have a shallow squad.
Again, you say a lot but not suggesting anything around solutions.

It’s really easy to say “sack him”. Who are you putting up as a solution? As a fourth club looking for a head coach - who are you going after - as well as paying AOB out?

Seage

Juniors
Ah yes, the whole forum with the shit opinion but you, again.

Don't think anyone is wholly blaming him but it's not the first time champion.

Whose fault is it we have conceded the most tries by kicks in the NRL?
Bingo

perverse

Referee
You’d rather we lose? Solid supporter.
You don't get the bigger picture everyone is operating with. O'Brien will now go to the press conference and talk about how he was happy with the effort, happy with the majority of the second half and the same old shit will be perpetuated, tolerated and flow into next week/month/year. It's the same old story, same old shit sandwich.

f**k one Tuali finger although we should have iced it anyway.

Whoever took that kick for touch did well. One metre in from sideline and somehow they tap on halfway. Missed the actual kick

Burwood

Bench
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but in the first half when Newcastle knocked on the ball about 15m out from the line and it ended up going dead, should it be a 20m restart and 7 tackle set? The error happened in the field of play, not in the ingoal.

K-Man

Bench
I think the penalty was for 2 or 3 players being offside rushing up too fast after Tapine got tackled. Defend that set and we win the game, and we give away a soft penalty when not even under pressure at the ruck. Barnett was one of them.

Alex28

Coach
You don't get the bigger picture everyone is operating with. O'Brien will now go to the press conference and talk about how he was happy with the effort, happy with the majority of the second half and the same old shit will be perpetuated, tolerated and flow into next week/month/year. It's the same old story, same old shit sandwich.
No, I’m realistic enough to see our spine is a few players short due to circumstances out of his control, and the rest of the team lacks direction as a result.

We haven’t focussed on junior development for the best part of a decade - well before AOB’s time. We let Pearce go, we lose Brailey to injury. We have no depth. How does anyone coach that?

Seage

Juniors
Again, you say a lot but not suggesting anything around solutions.

It’s really easy to say “sack him”. Who are you putting up as a solution? As a fourth club looking for a head coach - who are you going after - as well as paying AOB out?
I have a thousand solutions. Didn't know I was required to write them in every post.