What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Cronulla @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 19: Wests Tigers v Cronulla

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
I’ve been saying this for some time now, the bunker is killing the game, they take away the enjoyment. It is a pointless exercise for the most part celebrating a try either at the game or at home in the lounge room. May as well just wait until the try or otherwise is coakes away the whole spontaneity of the moment.

The hilarious thing is they're looking at the contest for the ball through a microscope while every single play leading up to pretty much any try could be ruled on by a bunker on the moon for everything from a technical breach at the play the ball...the scrum feed ....blatant offsides by runners next to the kicker and so called downwards pressure with the back of the hand on the side of the ball! I'm convinced this bobble in ultra slomo shit is just to add " Bunker Nero thumbs up thumbs down" drama for the non football head audience. If two players contest the ball then so long as it doesn't hit the ground the player deemed to be in possession IS in possession...move on! And on that no try...it could equally be argued that Hynes knocked the ball on into Talau with his forearm and Talau gathered it....what's the difference?

Fordy20

Juniors
There was some good effort in the first half, but after the Talau try was denied, it was one way traffic. The Sharps were given an absolute armchair ride by the idiots with the whistles and screens and Sharps fans should be ashamed of the fact they went into break locked up at 12 all.

Everyone has been complaining about our halves, but we had two tries go absolutely begging despite Wakeham putting it on a platter for his outside men. It doesn't matter who we get if our blokes can't finish off the opportunities currently being provided to them.

Nice to see we finally get a decent game out of Talau. Seyfarth has gone to another level, one beyond being a bench plodder. Blore wasn't too shabby either.

The worst thing about this performance is that it takes the spotlight off just how atrocious Sheens has been this year.

Kilkenny

Coach
The disallowed try to even things up in the second half, four of us sitting in our lounge room two thought try, two thought I’m not sure, perhaps on that basis alone given the try was awarded on field you think maybe the benefit of the doubt maybe may have went your way. It didn‘t. Feel for the silly fans who celebrated the awarding of the try, what’s the point. Just send every decision upstairs to the bunker and do away with this whole farce.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I turned the tv off after that Talau farce … when we’re not getting obliterated we’re getting rorted by the bunker

not sure how the sharks 1st try wasn’t even looked at either lol

the game is getting hard to follow.

Nice to see we finally get a decent game out of Talau. Seyfarth has gone to another level, one beyond being a bench plodder. Blore wasn't too shabby either.
Was going to say the same thing Fordy. With Talau, there’s to me, a lot of little things he does well and I know he has the ability, I thought gee look what a new contract (Manly) has done for him, but not so according to Sheens after the game. Seyfarth and Blore certainly lifted the team when they came on. Good service from the journey man half as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
Probably need a draft or special circumstances for struggling sides. Give it another crack.

The cap assumes an equal playing field of managerial competency, but the reality plays out differently.

The net result is hundreds of thousands of disenfranchised fans, members and stakeholders.

Eventually the game will contract and of course, it’s battling other interests ( not just sport)

I heard Luke Lewis expressing similar thoughts earlier in the year.

Perhaps we could expand, move to 2 tiers of ten sides each so we could jag 4 wins a year from the bottom of second division and keep the floggings to 50 or less.

Or a mercy rule at 50 and the side doing the flogging gets an extra half point on the ladder.

The NRL tells us the game is growing into the stratosphere, everything is fine and dandy, but I don’t think so.
Imo, pay the players whatever you want, don’t whinge if you go broke, but the players for e,g. need to be given a classification No and the club can have a total number to fit in your 30, No rorting then.

The salary cap doesn’t work.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Our problem is even the good players are the reason why we are so shit. The start of the second half, all tied up and Papali'i comes up with a stupid offload to cough up the ball in our own half. Then, in the same defensive set, he over chases, basically pushing Bula out of the way who had Ramien (I think) covered, and allowing a huge gap for him to step back into and score.

If our marques are coming up with this type of garbage we have no hope.

Fordy20

Juniors
Did Will Smith play? How did he go?
It was good to see him get a run, but I don’t think he’s done enough to keep Laurie out when fit. He had one clearing kick go out on full, but I don’t remember too much more from him.

Tigerm

First Grade
It was good to see him get a run, but I don’t think he’s done enough to keep Laurie out when fit. He had one clearing kick go out on full, but I don’t remember too much more from him.
Cheers

I should’ve also asked about Aitasi James, did he get on?

I’ve been saying this for some time now, the bunker is killing the game, they take away the enjoyment. It is a pointless exercise for the most part celebrating a try either at the game or at home in the lounge room. May as well just wait until the try or otherwise is confirmed which takes away the whole spontaneity of the moment.
Couldn't agree more. The only time the video ref needs to be involved is when the touch in goal and dead ball lines are involved in try scoring situations. Stuff that happens so fast the the naked eye can't pick it up.

There will be mistakes. But players make mistakes all the time. With the amount of decisions the ref has to make during the course of the game, which is many more than any player would need to make, they do a hard and thankless job pretty well. The constant criticism is not justified.

ATM the game is so stop start and the players that fit there's barely any fatigue in the game. No wonder there's a lack of good halves in the NRL.