What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Manly @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simmo1

First Grade
I'm stunned that Sezer didn't cop a charge after being reported for that torturous long crusher last week....he's lucky ( or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) to be playing these past couple if games

Sort of like how refs blow a heap of penalties before half time to even up the penalty count. We've been on the wrong end of lengthy suspensions for most of the season, and now the judiciary goes easy on us.

Wizardman

First Grade
There have been plenty of ex-Tigers over the years that deserved a good old booing. Strangely, I don't feel that way about Brooks. While I don't have a lot of love for him, I don't dislike him either. Im glad he and his big salary are gone.
He'll get an initial boo but Im doubting he'll cop a lot of venom through the whole 80 minutes.

Nutz

Bench
There have been plenty of ex-Tigers over the years that deserved a good old booing. Strangely, I don't feel that way about Brooks. While I don't have a lot of love for him, I don't dislike him either. Im glad he and his big salary are gone.
He'll get an initial boo but Im doubting he'll cop a lot of venom through the whole 80 minutes.
I can understand why members will unload on him, they paid their hard earned dollar to see the Tigers and Brooks fail week in week out but the guy isn't an axe murderer.
The fact that he's killing it at Manly is an indicator that our club was a complete rock show during Brook's tenure here.

Pezz70

Juniors
The biggest issue imo is to stop play the balls like they do in touch footy where they practically keep running whilst in the process. If you have to play the ball with your foot you have to come to a standstill in order to do it.
The same applies to just rolling it without touching the foot, you can do it without stopping...so to speak
I get the shits when a tackled player gets up and moves three metre forward of the mark and two metres to the side. If refs penalised this or even stopped the play and sent them back to the correct mark it would fix the game

I get the shits when a tackled player gets up and moves three metre forward of the mark and two metres to the side. If refs penalised this or even stopped the play and sent them back to the correct mark it would fix the game
This is one of my big criticisms about the game at the moment. That they let them have a mulligan when they break the rules like it's under 5's and they're still learning the game. This is absolute BS. The players know the rules. If they don't, it's the coaches job to teach them. The only time I can cop it is when an offload is made at the same time the ref calls held. That's fair enough. Every other instance should either be a penalty, or a turn over.

This is the game I circled on the calendar when the draw came out that I'd love to win. Not only because there's a lot of ex-tigers who had less than complimentary things to say about us after they left, but also growing up in the 70's / 80's you went for your team, and the team that was playing Manly. That hatred isn't as strong since the likes of Brisbane and Melbourne have been admitted, but it's still there.

Das Hassler

Bench
I noticed the bunnies were using that new play the ball method as well, that you have mentioned.
Such an easy fix, if the NRL are serious.

Not only builds back breaking momentum. it all but eliminates the chances of a dummy half fumble. Most every player is doing it now but mostly through laziness but it was obvious a long time ago that the panthers were doing it deliberately and with precision..aka coached! As you say...easy to fix...no let up of penalties till it goes away and that shouldn't take more than one weekend. As it stands now anyone should be able to challenge an improper play the ball leading to a match deciding try...I'm surprised that no one has tried it. It would be a low bar act but the rules are the rules.

macnaz

Staff member
The refs actually encourage them by penalising the marker for trying to stop the player still moving forward of the held mark ... or penalising the marker for not being sqaure 😡😡

macnaz

Staff member
I wont be Booing Brookes , im actually enjoying watching Manly benifit from the actual good things he offers and what he was recruited for. Yes he was paid crazy money here but i cant recall any game he didnt try his hardest for the club unlike plenty of other shit merkins we have paid overs for and they didnt even have a go... Anasta,Imbo etc Then you have the others that were given an nrl carreer then walked 1st chance they got and then some also bagged the club. AKA Moses, Sharon and the f**king horse head etc. BOO those merkins!!

Tigerm

Coach
I wont be Booing Brookes , im actually enjoying watching Manly benifit from the actual good things he offers and what he was recruited for. Yes he was paid crazy money here but i cant recall any game he didnt try his hardest for the club unlike plenty of other shit merkins we have paid overs for and they didnt even have a go... Anasta,Imbo etc Then you have the others that were given an nrl carreer then walked 1st chance they got and then some also bagged the club. AKA Moses, Sharon and the f**king horse head etc. BOO those merkins!!
If they’re not a WT player, then they’re the enemy hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Mason is a fullbacks ahole. Makes a complete mess of an Eagles bomb then just jogs across the field in cover for an easy Manly try. Get him off

Pezz70

Juniors
Benji is a genius, got Staines playing in the left, has been in the right all year, Alaimalo NRL games have all been on the left and tonight he is on the right. Just stupid, no coincidences they’ve scored tries in each edge. Rubbish. You can’t keep changing people around unless it’s absolutely necessary, defence is built upon communication and learning what the person next to you is likely to do, you don’t get those combos if you’re forever changing shit unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Pole displaying his talent there boys, won’t go down as a missed tackle but it was absolute shit, and he does it two or three times a game. Reserve grader

Pezz70

Juniors
The scoreboard looks ordinary but we’ve had shitty luck tonight been over their tryline three times, I don’t think we’re done with yet but we need to tighten our defence up