What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs Manly @ 4 Pines Park, Brookvale / Cammeraygal

Who will win? Round 27: Manly v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade

As @Das Hassler has mentioned:
Feledy will become Wests Tigers Player #274 and Laulilii Wests Tigers Player #275, joining Brandon Tumeth, Jahream Bula, Da Silva, Aitasi James and Triston Reilly as first year rookies in 2023.

Lets hope they all shine for us in the coming seasons.

Nutz

Bench

As @Das Hassler has mentioned:
Feledy will become Wests Tigers Player #274 and Laulilii Wests Tigers Player #275, joining Brandon Tumeth, Jahream Bula, Da Silva, Aitasi James and Triston Reilly as first year rookies in 2023.

Lets hope they all shine for us in the coming seasons.
A fair bit of water has flowed under the bridge since #1 Joel Caine. Albeit a bit murky.

Nutz

Bench
"Come 6pm on Friday there will be seven Wests Tigers players who have made their NRL debuts this year."
That's a good thing though. It wasn't long ago that I posted "sack the lot of them"
Moving players on like Brooks and giving DaSilva and co a shot is a sign that the board buckled to pressure from fans and media.
I'm actually a Brooks fan purely on effort but imagine if he resigned and we continued to bomb scoring opportunities next year... we would once again be calling for their heads and be laughing stock.
I'm looking forward to our young centres getting a go this week but I would have preferred they got at least 3 matches under their belts heading into the preseason.
I guess the coaches clung onto the hope of not getting the spoon and fielded their best side.

Nutz

Bench
I wonder if they will do it for Tim, his final game. hahaha
I think Tristan Reilly is contracted only for 2024 so he'll be looking to get a meat pie. We are missing a try scoring centre so he might get an extention.
With a game under his belt he may have more confidence going into tonight's game.
I was hoping to have a fully fit Charlie Staines available tonight to impress Benji as he's not contracted for 2024 yet.
Charlie typifies the Penrith culture as he's all heart and puts in. He is quick so I thought he would be a likely replacement for Noffa.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Tristan Reilly is contracted only for 2024 so he'll be looking to get a meat pie. We are missing a try scoring centre so he might get an extention.
With a game under his belt he may have more confidence going into tonight's game.
I was hoping to have a fully fit Charlie Staines available tonight to impress Benji as he's not contracted for 2024 yet.
Charlie typifies the Penrith culture as he's all heart and puts in. He is quick so I thought he would be a likely replacement for Noffa.
I think both players have a good case to be re-signed, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jurbo milestone game. Manly by plenty. Keen to see the new guys and hope they do well. Reilly has been good so far for someone who has moved up several levels this year.

Anyone at home and have their computer close to hand?

I'd be keen to known how many last round games we've won over the last 12 years. You can't get the historical data on the NRL app

Nutz

Bench
Jurbo milestone game. Manly by plenty. Keen to see the new guys and hope they do well. Reilly has been good so far for someone who has moved up several levels this year.
Last week Reilly did ok but Manu got injured early.
Tonight both our debutante centres are up against a tough nut in Morgan and ever reliable Parker whose is solid in defense.
I actually think we can roll on up the field with our forwards and Api at half. Hoping they'll convert in the attacking zone.
Api's kicking game last week was crap so I'm hoping with him playing ½ he'll do better....maybe a 40/20 or two.
Api should keep DCE quiet, well let's hope so.

Tigerm

First Grade
Last week Reilly did ok but Manu got injured early.
Tonight both our debutante centres are up against a tough nut in Morgan and ever reliable Parker whose is solid in defense.
I actually think we can roll on up the field with our forwards and Api at half. Hoping they'll convert in the attacking zone.
Api's kicking game last week was crap so I'm hoping with him playing ½ he'll do better....maybe a 40/20 or two.
Api should keep DCE quiet, well let's hope so.
It’s a sad state of affairs when our best 9, is also our best 7:(

Pezz70

Juniors
There’s no end in sight for the tigers, they’re deliver non stop shit. They all should have to wrestle
The top 30 every week for the off season to punish them for being peanuts for a whole season. Friggin useless. They’ll get 60 run up against them tonight. It’s only eagles errors that’s saving them