What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Manly @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would go with Wakeham and Laurie in the halves for the rest of the season. Not sure how they’ll play but they can’t be worse than Brooks.

The amount of times we dominate a 5 minute period without scoring then immediately concede a long range try is disgraceful.

That said I feel today was a step in the right direction. Manly were there for the taking though, and we should have taken them.

Wakeham shit talking the manly debutant and not backing down to Aloiai after the game ..He’ll do me !

Here's the full text of the article from the Sydney Morning Herald (source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/al...r-post-match-altercation-20230423-p5d2p5.html) -

Aloiai, Wakeham separated after post-match altercation​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

April 23, 2023 — 8.14pm

Manly forward Josh Aloiai and Wests Tigers five-eighth Brandon Wakeham had to be separated in the tunnel following a heated argument an hour after full-time of Sunday’s clash at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

The players were in the tunnel at Campbelltown following Manly’s come-from-behind win over the Tigers when Aloiai approached Wakeham after the playmaker had finished conducting a post-match interview with a reporter.

The conversation began amicably before Aloiai, who had taken exception to Wakeham’s actions on the field, asked the Tigers No.6 to “come around the corner” if he wanted to “talk shit”.

The pair got in each other’s faces as they exchanged words, with Aloiai having to be dragged back into the Manly Sea Eagles dressing room.

Wakeham then popped his head into the Manly sheds to continue the argument Aloiai before he was told to head back into the Tigers sheds.

Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity to protect their identity, told the Herald the argument was believed to be in relation to Wakeham taunting debutant Samuela Fainu when Starford To’a went past Josh Schuster and Fainu to give the Tigers the lead late in the match.

Manly forward Josh Aloiai on Sunday.

Manly forward Josh Aloiai on Sunday.Credit: Getty

The incident, which occurred in the 63rd minute, sparked a melee that resulted in the rookie’s jersey being removed.

It erupted soon after when Jason Saab crossed for the match-winning try, with Fainu returning serve against Wakeham as Manly celebrated the 22-16 win in front of 10,033 fans at a wet and cold Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Yeah I’ll give Wakey a pass mark for grunt. Showing some passion against the lawn mower.

Wakeys game is still a bit wokey, but he’s not on $1.1m.

Wizardman

First Grade
We haven’t scored more than two points in the first 20 mins of any game this season, we have the second most tackles in the opposition 20 in the comp, today we had 58% of possession and made 515 more metres than manly - pretty amazing stats.
It is not the first time this season where we have had similar stats to that. It points to one thing that has stood out like dogs balls since this season has began...... our present halves and fullback (hopefully Bula can change that) are simply not first grade quality.
We have tried to throw the bank at a top line half with no result. Our next step is to gamble on some lower grade half from somewhere looking for an opportunity. Dogs have adopted this strategy by buying a top junior from the Broncos for pretty big cash. We need to look at a Jonah Pezet type and gamble on him.

Phil Gould

Juniors
We haven’t scored more than two points in the first 20 mins of any game this season, we have the second most tackles in the opposition 20 in the comp, today we had 58% of possession and made 515 more metres than manly - pretty amazing stats.
Wow, that really shows how important the halves are and how crappy Brooks and whoever he’s played with have performed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a telling disparity between stats and performance.

It’s torture seeing the bleeding obvious problem rear it’s head week after week. Only now there’s so much potential going to waste, it hurts even more. Surely they’re running out of BS excuses by now. Sheens saying they’re getting thin in the halves is a bit rich. They were thin in the halves as soon as they ditched Hastings. They aren’t thin, they’re all out and it’s pretty sad to say that that’s actually a good thing. Hate to see players get injured but it seems like that’s the only hope for change. To call the management of this team a joke is a compliment.

The funny, or depresessing thing is, that aside from the broncos game those positive stat's are a constant. The forwards have laid the platform to win each game twice over.

It's just the backine is rudderless. We threw away the rudder last year and kept the anchor

Front-Rower

First Grade

Wakeham shit talking the manly debutant and not backing down to Aloiai after the game ..He’ll do me !
Did Wakeham ask Aloiai to go around to his place and cut the lawn?

WA Tiger

Bench
I like the fact that Wakeham walked into the dressing room and had a go.
Fingers crossed that Sheens sticks with him and doesn't screw around with the spine any more.
Yea Nah I read one of the SMH’s, sheens said Wakehams a clever half back, but has kept being pulled after one game..so he’s locking him in from here on

Not sure how this was given, Saab knocks on twice from what I can see, oh that’s right it’s the tigers who gives a f*#k.

Yes, there were a few dodgy calls that appeared to adversely effect the result.

But we also failed to capitalise when we had umpteen chances.

And to their credit, their forwards really aimed up and went spare near the end there, some brutal defence.

It’s really not that hard to do a short kickoff for a seasoned kicker.

Benchtiger

Juniors
Couldn't fault the effort yesterday, Brooks to me looked like he deliberately dodged tackling Haumole allowing him to score easily, why he was ever opposite the Manly back rower in defence is beyond me.To cap it off, he drops an inside pass that could of lead to a match winning try, just sums up the WT half, he is not a match winner, never has been ,never will be.

Tigerm

First Grade