What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Manly @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 8
Wests Tigers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Sunday 23 April 2023

Gates 11:45pm, Jersey Flegg 11:50am, NSW Cup 1:35pm, NRL kicks off at 4:05pm. Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9 Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Starford To'a 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Daine Laurie 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Alex Twal 17. Tommy Talau 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Shawn Blore 20. Justin Matamua 21. David Nofoaluma 22. Jake Simpkin

Out: Brent Naden (centre), Adam Doueihi (five-eighth), Jake Simpkin (bench), Shawn Blore (bench)
In: Jahream Bula (fullback), Brandon Wakeham (five-eighth), Daine Laurie (bench), Tommy Talau (bench)
Changes: Charlie Staines (fullback to wing), Asu Kepaoa (wing to centre)

MAN2022TEAM.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Josh Schuster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Jake Trbojevic 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 12. Ethan Bullemor 13. Josh Aloiai 14. Samuela Fainu 15. Sean Keppie 16. Aaron Woods 17. Toafofoa Sipley 18. Cooper Johns 19. Kaeo Weekes 20. Ben Condon 21. Gordon Chan Kum Tong 22. Christian Tuipulotu

Out: Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega (wing), Cooper Johns (five-eighth), Kelma Tuilagi (second row), Kaeo Weekes (bench)
In: Reuben Garrick (wing), Josh Schuster (five-eighth), Samuela Fainu (bench), Sean Keppie (bench)
Changes: Ethan Bullemor (bench to second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd Smith
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Kasey Badger
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

LOWER GRADES
Wests Tigers^ v Manly^ at Campbeltown, Sun - Flegg 11:50am
Western Subs^ v Blacktown^ at Campbeltown, Sun - NSW Cup 1:35pm​

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Manly by 30.

Now that Doueihi is gone for the season Brooks is assured of the half back spot no matter how bog average he is.
Wakeham is hardly going to be our savior.
With possibly the worst spine over all in the comp we might not win another game this year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have a feeling this is the game we turn things around and go on a run. Say what you want about Sheens but he has a habit of making Tigers look completely shithouse with no hope, then we have one circuit breaking game and we go on a run of 7-11 wins in a row.

Manly will be very sore after that brutal game against Melbourne. Wakeham and Staines will have had 2 full weeks to train with the boys in the spine and it's not like our forwards aren't putting in where it counts.

I'm feeling an ambush coming....Manly by 4

Tiger Ted

Bench
I have a feeling this is the game we turn things around and go on a run. Say what you want about Sheens but he has a habit of making Tigers look completely shithouse with no hope, then we have one circuit breaking game and we go on a run of 7-11 wins in a row.

Manly will be very sore after that brutal game against Melbourne. Wakeham and Staines will have had 2 full weeks to train with the boys in the spine and it's not like our forwards aren't putting in where it counts.

I'm feeling an ambush coming....Manly by 4
I won’t b shocked if we win this but irrespective of result one thing I’m absolutely certain about is we won’t b attaining any sequence of wins let alone an unprecedented 7-11.

Two outside backs on the bench. Sheenz is back to his old tricks!

Good to see the young fullback named. At least we're trying something even if it's someone new there every week.
Old tricks, will be interesting to see what the starting 13 & 17 ends up like because for some reason, I smell a rat.

Lauie hasn't been sighted and yet gets the 14, love top see him following Api up the middle
Talau was supposedly one of Sheens favs, if his nose looks pretty enough, why not start the game?
Nofa (although I wouldn't have him) but is he needed on the list at all except if Bula doesn't get a start and Stains moves straight to fullback.

Yeah old tricks for sure but won't know until the reserve game starts.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Two outside backs on the bench. Sheenz is back to his old tricks!

Good to see the young fullback named. At least we're trying something even if it's someone new there every week.
Didn't see it coming but seeing this season is a write off I'm all for experimenting.

Good to see bula getting a run. They need to give him a fair crack of at least 6 games though. Not drop him after a couple. Wakeham at 6 is a waste. Might as well put twal there. Should be in 7. Sheens has obviously hit up the bookies for manly 13 plus

BrotherJim05

Bench
lol I was excited that the spine had time to train together...now Staines is back to wing after his best game at Fullback in his life. I'm excited to see Bula in the squad but Cherry Evans is going to bend him over with his kicking game.

Talau on bench is a bit of a head scratcher...but then I remembered the Sheenius! He will no doubt move Kepoa to back row, Bateman to lock and Talau to centre at some point when there is no need to.

Feeling good about this one...Manly by 8

Tigerm

First Grade
Talau being promoted because he is apparently in talks with Manly and they want to see how he goes????

Will be interesting to see how Bula goes, Sheens gave him a great review, but I don't trust Sheens that much any more.

Pezz70

Juniors
Good to see bula getting a run. They need to give him a fair crack of at least 6 games though. Not drop him after a couple. Wakeham at 6 is a waste. Might as well put twal there. Should be in 7. Sheens has obviously hit up the bookies for manly 13 plus
6 or 7 don’t really matter that much these days probably find brooks will
Play left and wakeham will stay right, Brooks will probably occasionally wander to the right side in attack.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
This is the game that plays manly into premiership contending form.
I’d love to know what Daine Laurie has done to be fifth in line for the fullback throne, I mean this is the Tigers,
he can’t be going that badly

Tigerm

First Grade
I’d love to know what Daine Laurie has done to be fifth in line for the fullback throne, I mean this is the Tigers,
Maybe he is, or are we looking to next year already? I am keen to see how Bulla goes though?

Wakeham selection is interesting, Laurie has been training at centre as his second position. Could a flip be on the cards?

Keps is going ok, Junior deserves his spot.

Bula rushed in earlier by Tim’s reckoning, but welcome.

Manly get some gun players back in. On my assessment, sadly, Turbo looks finished as marquee. He’s got that Morgan feel about him.

Labouring on with Brooksy…

It’s essentially another improvisation for us, but partly caused by injury.

Good game to call Josh out for deserting us a few years ago in grubby fashion.

I think the break will help not hinder our forwards.

We’ve let a lot of games slip away earlier this season. No more mucking about.

Manly train hard for fitness, very well drilled.

gordsy

Juniors
Apart from sulk like a pussy and like other teams socials showing them scoring against us / beating us. You may also remember him donning his panthers jersey and celebrating the Panthers grand final win, even though he was with us. He should be left in reggies for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Apart from sulk like a pussy and like other temas socials showing them scoring against us / beating us. You may also remember him donning his panthers jersey and celebrating the Panthers grand final win, even though he was with us. He should be left in reggies for the rest of the year.
I couldn’t care less about the celebrating a good footy try or supporting his mates in a grand final, to me that just makes him a decent fella, the one and only reason he should not be playing in the top side is his form on the paddock, and in light of the way the Tigers have been travelling I can’t see a reason he should not be playing NRL.

I don’t agree with ‘blooding’ young kids in a side that is continuously losing either, trying your guts out and getting flogged every week is no way to build confidence or a winning culture. There’s a bunch of guys there that should be winning the odd footy game, let them bear the brunt of their actions. Wait til they win one or two before throwing new fellas in, unless their inclusion is gonna win us a game, and we all know it’s the link between the forwards and the backs plus shitty execution that’s killing the Tigers atm.