What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
so if my team wins on sunday, should i clap vigorously or cheer?

what if they're wearing the same big red v jersey that my team seems to have always worn?

do i go to the same clubhouse across from the same oval my team has played from for many decades?

i'm confused.

can someone please tell me what to do?
On the clapping and cheering, you will require permission. Apparently a committee has been formed and you have to fill in an application form. They'll let you know what to do.

You're in good hands. I understand the committee has the backing of the NRL, established in 1998.

But I'd like to know too. In 1977 I cheered my team to a premiership, going to two grand finals. I have cheered the same team for decades. Like you, I went to the same ground talked to fellow supporters I've known for years. Last Saturday I went to the game and cheered for the same team with even more fellow supporters.

And yet, I am told that my support only started at date set by opposition supporters, and the NRL, established in 1998. Well there you go, we learn something new every day.

Fein

First Grade
The real question is, why do opposition supporters care?

I reckon it's a combo of the lowest common denominator stuff. Obsession with what the neighbours are up to, terror that they be doing better, jealously because they look happier, and just plain dumb hatred.

What's your take?

My take is there are a few simpletons who are deluded and then there is the rest of the Rugby League community laughing at their deceitful arrogance.

Last edited:

*Paul*

Juniors
I have cheered the same team for decades. Like you, I went to the same ground talked to fellow supporters I've known for years. Last Saturday I went to the game and cheered for the same team with even more fellow supporters.

Presumably, a Steelers diehard does the same. I can imagine the subject of the 1992 Preliminary final coming up..
"What a tense win that was"
"No, hang on we lost that?"

And here I was thinking the game of Rugby League was for the fans.

If the fans of the Dragons say we have won 16 titles, who is anyone else to say "thanks, but get stuffed"?

Fein

First Grade
And here I was thinking the game of Rugby League was for the fans.

If the fans of the Dragons say we have won 16 titles, who is anyone else to say "thanks, but get stuffed"?

We don't say "thanks but get stuffed", we say "bullsh*t".

Oh, and so does the history books, the historians, the hierarchy, the fans of other clubs, some of your own fans, Bob The Builder, Gomez Addams, Dorothy The Dinosaur, Fred Flintstone, Lon Chaney, Nosferatu and Cecile B DeMille but by all means, keep the charade going. :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Presumably, a Steelers diehard does the same. I can imagine the subject of the 1992 Preliminary final coming up..
"What a tense win that was"
"No, hang on we lost that?"
Well of course that's up to him, whoever he is.

Love your work Paul, but you're being very one dimensional here. There's more to this than the soulless crunching of figures. I appreciate the threat that simple fan passion poses to those in fear of footnotes. But if that's what keeps you warm at night, who am I to tell you how to think?

But do you realise that agreeing with the cynical silliness of 'Souths won 20 million premierships' is a little different to fans joining together and celebrating a 16th premiership?

Fein

First Grade
But do you realise that agreeing with the cynical silliness of 'Souths won 20 million premierships' is a little different to fans joining together and celebrating a 16th premiership?

Deceitful arrogance 101. ;-)

Fein

First Grade
G'day stench.

You calling someone deceitful and arrogant is like praise from the master.

How's the recuperation going?

Hey lying merkin.

Is that all you've got, rehashing my direct criticism of you?

You're a laugh.

By the way, Stsae sends his fondest regards.

:lol::lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course you're entitled to your opinion.
Ah, so they are numbskulls for holding a view that is contrary to your own? LOL!
I'm not voicing my opinion. I'm voicing the facts. Look in all the official record books, that's just how it is. I don't write them.

This just keeps getting better.

Thanks again for sharp 'think as I think' counter arguments. Should you ever run for Chancellor, you'll have my vote, assuming that voting is allowed in your new world order.

Of course, you're in good company with those that agree with you.
Again, I'm not forcing my opinions on anyone, I'm just dishing up the facts. Are my comments wrong?

And when I'm chancellor you can be my hand maiden. No need for you to vote young Willow;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey lying merkin.

Is that all you've got, rehashing my direct criticism of you?
I see you're still in meltdown.

I don't feel critcised by you at all. I trust you haven't been bitching again. It's not healthy for you.

Fein said:
You're a laugh.
What can I say... it's a talent.

Fein said:
By the way, Stsae sends his fondest regards.
You should have picked a better therapist.

Fein said:
:lol::lol:
Ah, the mad laughter of the paranoid. That never gets old.

Fein

First Grade
I see you're still in meltdown.

I don't feel critcised by you at all. I trust you haven't been bitching again. It's not healthy for you.

What can I say... it's a talent.

You should have picked a better therapist.

Ah, the mad laughter of the paranoid. That never gets old.

Meltdown?

:lol:

Whatever do you mean?

Bitching?

Not my style, I'm no cat. ;-)

*looks in your direction*

Laughter?

Hell yes.

In your e-face. :lol:

Oh and for old times sake "GO EASTS"!!!!!!!!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm not voicing my opinion. I'm voicing the facts. Look in all the official record books, that's just how it is. I don't write them.

Again, I'm not forcing my opinions on anyone, I'm just dishing up the facts. Are my comments wrong?

And when I'm chancellor you can be my hand maiden. No need for you to vote young Willow;-)
lol. To be young and free thinking again. You're missing the point of my view old unit.

I tell you what, I'll support a team of your choosing. I'm sure others will follow. You join the committee that Gregstar and I were discussing earlier - a page or two back. We need guidance.

bottle

Coach
Thousands of words written in this thread and others before it and after it. Meanwhile, the team I support is lining up to take its 16th Premiership. Please write more words to tell me it isn't so, it won't matter.

cleary89

Coach
Hello merkin.

Been working in China actually, painting the great wall.

Prick of a job but good coin and food.

Heaps of pollution though, plenty of people with breathing problems.

You know the kind.

Lucky you knew your team had no chance of making tge 8 ey? The joys of being a souths fan. Can always plan a trip in september

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lucky you knew your team had no chance of making tge 8 ey? The joys of being a souths fan. Can always plan a trip in september

Just wait till Grand Final Day 2011. We'll be there and we'll destroy the dragons (if your team doesn't choke some more and lose before the GF). Either way souths are gunna be big in September next year, enjoy your moment in the sun before we wipe the floor with you next season.

*Paul*

Juniors
Well of course that's up to him, whoever he is.

Love your work Paul, but you're being very one dimensional here. There's more to this than the soulless crunching of figures.

If the figures are secondary, shouldn't you be unconcerned that it's 15 or 16?

As soon as you or anyone articulates a number, it enters the realm of "crunching", and 16 is unsupportable unless one negates Illawarra's part in the JV, or somehow tries to represent St George, Illawarra and SGI as sort of all the one team.

Fein

First Grade
Thousands of words written in this thread and others before it and after it. Meanwhile, the team I support is lining up to take its 16th Premiership. Please write more words to tell me it isn't so, it won't matter.

As you request, no words to reply to your delusion.

Just a number.