What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Gordon

millersnose

Post Whore
Agree somewhat with reefy

Gordon is fast becoming the scapegoat
I thought he was far from the worst

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Gordon is not the scapegoat from just this game. It has snowballed into this game.

He is not playing like the way he was when we signed him up and this has been very visible for all to see since round 1. He is becoming very hesitant under the bombs and costing us dearly when he continues to hand over the ball in the red zone.

I'm not calling for Gordon to be dropped in any way I'm just suggesting the coaching staff need to look outside the square and bring in some youth.

We have the slowest backline in the comp and it shows

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I really like how nobody is concerned with Fekis extremely poor game. Or how all these geniuses in the U20's cant manage to get a win in that grade.
Every outside back had a bad game for us.

As for Gordon, he passes we tend to score, but he is no fullback for mine, the best we have, but does not have what the great fullbacks have.

Ads

First Grade
But he did get there for sandows try and completely butchered it. The intercept you can blame gal if you want but it was such an obvious intercept pass even noddy wouldn't have thrown it.

Wasnt fekis best game at all I agree.

azzah72

Bench
The dropped bomb is fine, that thing was a howler.
Attempt of tackle on sandow was terrible.
Otherwise some good support play and some great passes, even the intercept. It was a try for us if he didn't catch it.

My big point is he has lost speed, he's trying to compensate with setting up plays but he was let down by others around him.

Put him to center for Ashford. Put Holmes or gardz in fullback.

Frailty

First Grade
Gordon had a poor game.

It sucked because his pass for the first try was excellent.

He is down on confidence and second-guessing himself. He has moments of brilliance, and then has absolute shockers. The Panthers game is a prime example of hot-and-cold.

But who do we put there? Val Holmes is not ready - his hands aren't much better, his 1v1 defence is weak, and his size means he won't be a tackle break player like he is in the Holden Cup. He needs to be brought up slowly - and definitely through NSW Cup rather than straight from 20s.

Frailty

First Grade
Did anyone else notice Beau Ryan switched to fullback late in the game yesterday?

Gordon stayed down with some sort of niggling injury (not serious), and in that set when he was coming back - Beau shifted to the back in defence.

ghoti

Bench
Was at the game and right in front of that bomb he dropped...fuggin hell, it was one of the most torturous bombs I've seen for a long time. Still his fault, but it wasn't easy in the slightest.

His miss on the Sandow chip was bizarre...and his intercept pass, yeah, as above - was never going, the only player in blue that was going to catch it wore yellow too.

He's definitely down on confidence, but I'm not sure the other options mentioned are any better. Gardner makes those exact same mistakes regularly, and Holmes is NOT ready...he will be, but he needs some size and confidence under the high ball. If he's dropping them in 20's, he's not going to get better in the NRL.

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Maybe this is why the team announcement is delayed... The copy and plaster is earning his worth today

chewsta

First Grade
I am Feki's biggest fan but he was shithouse last night. as was Loots. As for Assford I actually thought he got hooked last night after Hayne's first try, he was nowhere to be seen all game until he made that break, which also ended in a parramatta try.

Wade was good, but geez I wish he would straighten up and pass the ball sometimes instead of trying to motor over the top of 7 defenders..

Weaponhead

Coach
I am Feki's biggest fan but he was shithouse last night. as was Loots. As for Assford I actually thought he got hooked last night after Hayne's first try, he was nowhere to be seen all game until he made that break, which also ended in a parramatta try.

Wade was good, but geez I wish he would straighten up and pass the ball sometimes instead of trying to motor over the top of 7 defenders..

Agree that the outside backs were largely shithouse. I also thought Wade was poor. He got snapped by Sandow all night. He had a couple of nice touches but is still nothing like the player he was 2 years ago.

Eion

First Grade
He's also our best centre and 5/8, not to mention fullback. He'd probably also be our best fugging hooker.

Since 73

First Grade
His strong hitups are one of very few positives.

Get him to centre one on one in the the opposing quarter.

Hang on - second thoughts - just leave it. Why tinker with perfection.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
One of the best fullbacks in the game & getting back to near best. Glad we have him at the back. Gets rid of a few errors & hes back on track.

I thought his 50 metre try on Saturday night reminded me of a Gavin Miller pass to a flying Barry Russell. Thems were the days.