What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

big hit!

Bench
More of the same on the Sunday Footy Show at the moment. Fittler, Johns, Sterlo and Locky all defending him and basically saying leave poor Pearcey alone. They're coming up with the same excuses that we've already heard 100 times as well, he tried hard, he didn't do too much wrong. Just a load of garbage, they're never going to admit he's not up to it.

well i'm sure they all read the comments that get flung about on social media too from the many armchair slobs who've probably never laced on a boot at a decent level, yet qualify for an opinion because they have access to an internet connection.

they were once players too. they've been criticised as footballers and may know what it's like having the mob rip into them.

you just have to read the many posts here to see how the discussion on Pearce (or any player really) goes beyond his performances and into personal attacks. Would be great if anyone had the cajones to rock up to Roosters training and give him their repetitive tripe which they can comfortably regurgitate online into a face to face barrage. I'd say the gutless merkins would be mute in that circumstance.

Obviously, the dreariness of everyones's daily life and the resulting emotions of jealously, envy, depression and insecurity gets the better of most folks whenever they log on to LU or any other forum based on anonymous opinion.

betcats

Referee
well i'm sure they all read the comments that get flung about on social media too from the many armchair slobs who've probably never laced on a boot at a decent level, yet qualify for an opinion because they have access to an internet connection.

they were once players too. they've been criticised as footballers and may know what it's like having the mob rip into them.

you just have to read the many posts here to see how the discussion on Pearce (or any player really) goes beyond his performances and into personal attacks. Would be great if anyone had the cajones to rock up to Roosters training and give him their repetitive tripe which they can comfortably regurgitate online into a face to face barrage. I'd say the gutless merkins would be mute in that circumstance.

Obviously, the dreariness of everyones's daily life and the resulting emotions of jealously, envy, depression and insecurity gets the better of most folks whenever they log on to LU or any other forum based on anonymous opinion.

Cry me a river, this is SOO no room for f**kin sooks, now piss off and take Shitchell with you.

Rod

Bench
I agree about the endless personal attacks, obviously unnecessary although I can certainly understand people's frustration with the situation.

I don't agree with the argument that often comes up that people shouldn't have an opinion just because they never played at a high level. Half the people on here probably watch more games a week than some of those guys on the panel shows. They are the ones who pay their money every week and support their team, without them there wouldn't be a professional game. That at least entitles them to an opinion and to demand some accountability of the team they support. This constant negligence by NSW is an example of that. Why should you support a losing team in NSW for 8 straight years and then not be allowed to question the way it's being selected?

Attacking the bloke isn't on but saying he isn't up to it is perfectly legitimate. And if the only thing anyone can say to defend him is that he is a good bloke and tries hard, that's obviously not enough, and I'm already sick of hearing those lines trotted out as if they're a legitimate defence of his performances. It was the same on the Matty Johns show last night.

big hit!

Bench
I agree about the endless personal attacks, obviously unnecessary although I can certainly understand people's frustration with the situation.

I don't agree with the argument that often comes up that people shouldn't have an opinion just because they never played at a high level. Half the people on here probably watch more games a week than some of those guys on the panel shows. They are the ones who pay their money every week and support their team, without them there wouldn't be a professional game. That at least entitles them to an opinion and to demand some accountability of the team they support. This constant negligence by NSW is an example of that. Why should you support a losing team in NSW for 8 straight years and then not be allowed to question the way it's being selected?

Attacking the bloke isn't on but saying he isn't up to it is perfectly legitimate. And if the only thing anyone can say to defend him is that he is a good bloke and tries hard, that's obviously not enough, and I'm already sick of hearing those lines trotted out as if they're a legitimate defence of his performances. It was the same on the Matty Johns show last night.

i agree with everything you say. I'm not necessarily having a go at an opinion. I'm in no way making a statement that Pearce is an Origin HB. If anything, circumstances see him getting selected. My critique is more about the additional BS that goes beyond analysis of a performance and game and into the shit you'll find on a Yr 9 bully's Facebook page. Or maybe the majority of posters are Grade 9ers. It's not just LU and rugby league but any topic and any website. I'm no bleeding heart, but f**k me, it's just ugly.

re the panel shows, most of those blokes apart from Gould are fence sitters. At the same time, I reckon they're just rallying behind Pearce because he's copped it from all angles.

At the end of the day, he continues to get picked. Bellamy, Stuart, Daley..........it's not like it's just one bloke that has opted for him. And each time he gets picked is another chance he gets to redeem himself. It's just got to the stage now where I reckon after all the mediocre performances, he's just heaped a whole lot of pressure on himself to perform, takes the wrong option, tries too hard and f**ks up his execution, or his confidence at that level is so smashed that he's beaten himself before he even runs onto the field.

And most of the other 16 players know that Pearce is taking the heat for them once again. It wasn't just him that failed. Out played in the forwards two games in a row this series. Most of those blokes should be taking a hard look at themselves again, particularly the forwards that started the game and got absolutely hammered by the QLD starting forwards.

betcats

Referee
Johns and Fittler are both heavily involved in the NSW setup, they aren't going to bag a guy they went into camp with and possibly will have to again.

Sterlo and Locky are both classy guys, they aren't going to kick a muppet when he is down, Sterlo probably knows Wayne well.

Seriously the bloke sucked, did f**k all the whole series, again.

Mr Saab

Referee
I didnt see the forwards getting pumped by QLD in game 3.

QLD were smashed 8-2 at one stage (penalties) and NSW had a shyte load of ball in attacking position. When teams are attacking the forwards dont really need to do tooo much. The halves didnt create anything.

In game one NSW did legit dominate QLD without the aid of a big penalty count and again the halves failed to lay on any tries.
Stop using the forwards didnt do their job crap and face facts - the halves for NSW were simply out of their depth.

Mitchell, as i have said many times, had zero line breaks / line break assists / tries / try assists / forced line drop outs....in ALL THREE GAMES.

Isnt that somewhat alarming when in 2 of the games NSW has supreme field position?

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
I disagree. Pearce was everything NSW needs and he should keep getting picked for many years to come.

I didnt see the forwards getting pumped by QLD in game 3.

QLD were smashed 8-2 at one stage (penalties) and NSW had a shyte load of ball in attacking position. When teams are attacking the forwards dont really need to do tooo much. The halves didnt create anything.

In game one NSW did legit dominate QLD without the aid of a big penalty count and again the halves failed to lay on any tries.
Stop using the forwards didnt do their job crap and face facts - the halves for NSW were simply out of their depth.

Mitchell, as i have said many times, had zero line breaks / line break assists / tries / try assists / forced line drop outs....in ALL THREE GAMES.

Isnt that somewhat alarming when in 2 of the games NSW has supreme field position?
But that is overlooked by the old boys club & Rooster fans .WE continue to hear ,he is gutsy,brave,good in defence...SO what.that is a locks job. A no 7 is supposed to capitalise on good work by the forwards. Pearce never has,he has not got the playmaking ability or kicking game to take advantage of field position..& I just giggle when I hear the oh he was brave bullshit...That will not win you games & is the reason NSW is now 0-8

betcats

Referee
Im sure the $120,000.00 he pocketed for the series has taken the edge of the personal attacks.

Seriously he got paid that much and how many of NSW points in this series did he have a hand in?

Shorty

Staff member

Well the results speak for themselves don't they?
No need for armchair experts...I do agree the nicknames are a bit much.

Funkotron

Juniors
If you factor in how many games he has played for NSW, surely he has to be ranked among the worst Origin players of all time? I'll always feel confident about Queensland winning when I see his name in the NSW team.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Hopefully with the experience of winning a title, Pearce can FINALLY step up @ rep level. Because Duges knows there's no one any better that can really step into the role for the blues atm :( Maybe Carney, but can you really see him being selected over Pearce, especially after the season Easts have had?

Hopefully with the experience of winning a title, Pearce can FINALLY step up @ rep level.

There's a novel suggestion. That'll add to the ever growing list of just why Pearce will fire "finally...this year". Let's see. There was the one about his partnership with Carney and that they were familiar with each other's games. Then it was prognosticated that he needed James Maloney to settle him or some such rot. Now it's "... Grand Final".

That'll fly just like the rest.

Because Duges knows there's no one any better that can really step into the role for the blues atm :( Maybe Carney, but can you really see him being selected over Pearce, especially after the season Easts have had?

History has proven that Pearce will be selected even when he has assisted his club team to a wooden-spoon. Any insinuation that it is the Grand Final which has cemented M.Pearce's Origin selection, is essentially a red herring. Maloney, yes, and he will be back this year in a Blue jersey.

Hopefully with the experience of winning a title, Pearce can FINALLY step up @ rep level. Because Duges knows there's no one any better that can really step into the role for the blues atm :( Maybe Carney, but can you really see him being selected over Pearce, especially after the season Easts have had?

:lol:
Is he suddenly going to wake up One morning & have a good kicking game.?
His short kicking game is woeful ,& that is something NSW need desperately,Someone who can get repeat sets,keep up the pressure.
YOu know what most decent no 7s can do.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Think both you lads missed the point, in order to shoot off and sound like condescending pretentious twats ;) I DO NOT rate Pearce at rep level... AT ALL... But what better options do NSW have??? I'm a blue, do you think I like the fact that Pus is picked year after year just because NSW have 0 other options? No.

Latest posts