What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Player

bottle

Coach
That you dislike most of my opinions based purely on not what I've said but because it is me who has said it.

Fair enough, but it's distrust, not dislike. You seem to have shied away from hijacking every thread with the intent of turning it into an interstate battle so maybe my prejudices are outdated. Any issue I've had with you in the past has been more steeped in that area of concern.

We can have different opinions on whether Hayne is over rated or not, or any number of issues for that matter. I don't get hung up on people having different opinions. It's why they have them and how they express them that gets me more interested.

Edit: I also just agreed with you on something a couple of posts above, so it's not always, just most times:p

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gee hayne gets unfairly critisized

I mean how f**king hard for defences is it:

'ok on the right side of the ruck is Ben Roberts, Ben smith, Ryan Morgan and some bloke I've never seen before, on the left side is jarryd hayne...I think we'll concentrate on the left'

The bloke is an out and out superstar in a terrible, terrible team. Reminds me of Tim Brasher and balmain in the 90s. He simply can't do it all himself. It's unlikely he'll ever do another 09 but really, how often have we seen that kind of form from one player week in week out for so long...once every 20 years maybe? that season was insane and it's unfair to expect it from him very year.

natheel

Coach
If our forwards are really going forward next year I think hayne will reach the consistency we all are waiting for from him.

While he was playing this year he and Roberts were combining well but without hayne Roberts had no decent ball coming to him

The flow of some of the plays those 2 put together this year was awesome at times. Roberts had a great game against manly while hayne was on (first match against them).

Parra Pride

Referee
'ok on the right side of the ruck is Ben Roberts, Ben smith, Ryan Morgan and some bloke I've never seen before, on the left side is jarryd hayne...I think we'll concentrate on the left'

Roberts is on the left, and Ken Sio isn't the worst winger going around, besides that, even with those options Hayne still makes the defence look silly, take the game against the Sharks this season.

Kiwi

First Grade
If our forwards are really going forward next year I think hayne will reach the consistency we all are waiting for from him.

While he was playing this year he and Roberts were combining well but without hayne Roberts had no decent ball coming to him

The flow of some of the plays those 2 put together this year was awesome at times. Roberts had a great game against manly while hayne was on (first match against them).

If Hayne plays anywhere near as well as he can, and does that consistantly, and the rest of the eels perform ect. I would take Hayne over Slater any day. I think Hayne has more to offer in attack than Slater, and when Hayne is on, holly crap he is impressive to watch. I shudder to think what Hayne could have been with Slaters consistancy and form. SO please don't consider me saying Hayne is over rated as he is crap, compared to the Hype, what Hayne CAN do and what he has done, he is over rated.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
If Hayne plays anywhere near as well as he can, and does that consistantly, and the rest of the eels perform ect. I would take Hayne over Slater any day. I think Hayne has more to offer in attack than Slater, and when Hayne is on, holly crap he is impressive to watch. I shudder to think what Hayne could have been with Slaters consistancy and form. SO please don't consider me saying Hayne is over rated as he is crap, compared to the Hype, what Hayne CAN do and what he has done, he is over rated.

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

natheel

Coach
Hayne is a special talent but slater is an awesome footballer. I can't see hayne reaching slaters ability

timka4

Bench
Slater and Hayne play differently. Hayne has power and a step, whereas Billy has evasion, speed.

Hayne can ball play and kick better. But Slater's defense and defensive reads and and ability to get to the ball on the full is ridiculous.

natheel

Coach
YOU CAN'T SAY THAT.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mate you're the one who gets upset when ever anyone suggests one of the dogs are over rated

Reynolds is over rated. Doesn't warrant the fact that people are suggesting he should bump benji out if the all stars side.

He did well this year but not that good

Kiwi

First Grade
Slater and Hayne play differently. Hayne has power and a step, whereas Billy has evasion, speed.

Hayne can ball play and kick better. But Slater's defense and defensive reads and and ability to get to the ball on the full is ridiculous.

Hayne has speed as well, I think Slater has the better speed off the mark, but Hayne is certainly no slouch in the speed department. At their very est I'd take Hayne because I think he offers more in attack, he is another ball player, another kicker ect. What a contest it would be in Origin if Hayne as at fullback for the blues and playing like he can.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Mate you're the one who gets upset when ever anyone suggests one of the dogs are over rated

Reynolds is over rated. Doesn't warrant the fact that people are suggesting he should bump benji out if the all stars side.

He did well this year but not that good

You can have an opinion. Even if its wrong, now you've accepted your opinion can be wrong.

Benji has been mentioned 10000x for overrated. :lol::lol::lol:

Your only reasoning to why Reynolds is overrated is because he is a big strong runner thats a grub, and that some person suggest he replaces Benji. Nice logic :lol::lol:

firechild

First Grade
Slater threw that pass so was never in a position to run Hayne down. Hayne started on the run while Slater had to turn and chase.

NAS

Juniors

The reason that Billy Slater is better than any other fullback on the planet, is his positional play. Simply put, he is rarely out of position, if ever. Some put it down to his speed, but it's more than that. It's like he knows where the ball is going before the opponent has kicked it.

As to whom the most overrated player in the game is, look no further than Tony Williams.