What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Player

Parra Pride

Referee
Slater threw that pass so was never in a position to run Hayne down. Hayne started on the run while Slater had to turn and chase.

He still should have made some ground on Hayne if he was faster though, however Hayne pulls away and Slater eventually gives up.

eozsmiles

Bench
Josh Reynolds is over rated because he is one of the worst defenders in the comp. He is a poor man's Foran.

Most over rated could be Shaun Johnson. Simply a flat track bully.

carcharias

Immortal
I also watched him play some great footy for a rookie.
Him and cherry Evans won a grand final as nobody's .

firechild

First Grade
Foran played a good chunk of the year injured and despite having a quiet year in contrast to 2011, he hardly fell off the radar like Mortimer did. Still among the best 5/8s going round.

Sleep

Juniors
Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill Williams.

Both these guys get touted as all time greats while Benji has never learned in all his time to be patient or grind it out. Too often he gets kick happy or highlight reel happy.

Sonny Bill Williams was the same. Good for a highlight hit every now and then followed by a five week stint on the sidelines with a boo boo on his knee. I pray he goes back to the Bulldogs every day.

natheel

Coach
Yeh buhrer is over rated definatley not an origin player that's for sure. Foran was over rated this year but last year he played very well

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Keiran Foran is a great player, but he's been an invisible man whenever he's been picked for the Kiwis. Benji had to do everything on his own.

I reckon Foran relies heavily on the structures at Manly. He's a bit overrated, imo

mozza91

Coach
Michael Ennis and Mitchell Pearce both terrible footballers who shouldn't be near a Rep jersey.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gee hayne gets unfairly critisized

I mean how f**king hard for defences is it:

'ok on the right side of the ruck is Ben Roberts, Ben smith, Ryan Morgan and some bloke I've never seen before, on the left side is jarryd hayne...I think we'll concentrate on the left'

The bloke is an out and out superstar in a terrible, terrible team. Reminds me of Tim Brasher and balmain in the 90s. He simply can't do it all himself. It's unlikely he'll ever do another 09 but really, how often have we seen that kind of form from one player week in week out for so long...once every 20 years maybe? that season was insane and it's unfair to expect it from him very year.

My opinion will probably come across as biased, but I agree. Jarryd Hayne has all the skills - kicking, passing and running. He is a supreme talent, but if he doesn't run for 200 metres every match and set up 4 tries while scoring 2 himself, he's playing poorly and over-rated...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Did I say he can't be? My argument is even though he hasn't reached the form of 09 he is still causing problems for defences. Mate have a think and take in what you read

So in not allowed to have an opinion on my own teams top player?

I've never said oh no you can't put Haynes name down its not fair. Like I say everyone has an opinion. My opinion was to agree with someone who said hayne may not be going great but he is still our most dangerous player...which is true. Check his stats for this season I'd be surprised if many of our players top him in many categories

Sandow for try assists
Sio for tries

But hayne was probably still up there while only playing 12 games nf sandow and Sio played all year. While probably 50% of sios tries were off a hayne pass lol

Pull ya head in

We were also braining the more fancied Warriors largely on Hayne's back. And then he went down injured and we went to crap.

hardbaby

Coach
Adam Blair is the most over-rated player in the NRL. Braith Anasta is the all-time most over-rated but since nobody actually does rate him anymore he is disqualified. Shame they both play for the Tigers. You would prefer to share this pain around.

Re Foran, excellent player who had a bad 2012 mainly due to injury. Same vibe for Tony Williams. Amazing when on song but was awful this year. Injuries and suspension took the wind out of his sail. Then when he signed for the dogs he didn't have enough heart to put in for his mates. I expect both players to bounce back next year.

carcharias

Immortal
Blair has been awesome in previous years for both the storm and kiwi's.
Dunno what the story at the Tigers is.
Might come good again next year.
I don't think he is over rated just out of form.

As for Williams - f**k knows why he even gets picked in teams.
Cannot catch
Cannot run onto a ball.
The two main parts of his job description.

As for his defense?
Idiotic is a word that comes to mind.

It seems to me he cannot handle big game pressure very well.
SOO and the last Test match are prime examples...the latter being one of the worst displays from an Aussie player in memory.

timka4

Bench
Williams last test display was shithouse, but I thought he did pretty good in the 2011 Four Nations in England last year (from memory anyway)