What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan, Finucane, Graham

DJDL

Bench
If he doesn't get to 300 this year how do we know he won't re sign on minimum wage. PLay for the jets and get the odd call including one for a big home game. I'd be OK with that.

That should have been the deal for this year.

DJDL

Bench
On Finucane, the guy has been captain all year.
If he was to be moved on, who replaces him?

I know Nicho has done it for a few games, but I don't think he's quite ready for the responsibility full time.

For me it would have to be someone who really sets the standard of how we want the team to play.
Someone who doesn't cut corners, take short cuts or look for the easy option.
Someone who, week in, week out, gives it everything they've got.

From our current mob, aside from Nicho, I can only think of a few:

WK - but not who I'd go for.
Sifa - don't think he's captain material though.
Nikora - a smokey, though don't know if the 'c' would suit him.

The only other one I can think of, and the one I'd be tempted to go for, is my previously least favorite Shark - Cam McInnes.

Unless these guys really start lifting, I'd be seriously contemplating McInnes to 13 and captain.

I've really started to warm to him over the past couple of months since injuries hit.
If you're looking for someone to set standards, I think it's him.

Can't believe I'm writing that, but the leadership cupboard seems pretty bare.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not sure it was every time, but there were a few arsey tries in there somewhere. James never won us a comp either, he had to be moved on, but he did mentor a couple of young halves that went on to become quite useful.
Your problem is, nobody wants to leave. The lifestyle's too good. Sorro and a few others have the right idea - live in the Shire and play for the Premiers.
Anyhow, the South of France beckons for Moyza. Au Revoir.

The local comp? I doubt he breaks into the table topping Dragons side.

Frenzy.

Immortal
On Finucane, the guy has been captain all year.
If he was to be moved on, who replaces him?

I know Nicho has done it for a few games, but I don't think he's quite ready for the responsibility full time.

For me it would have to be someone who really sets the standard of how we want the team to play.
Someone who doesn't cut corners, take short cuts or look for the easy option.
Someone who, week in, week out, gives it everything they've got.

From our current mob, aside from Nicho, I can only think of a few:

WK - but not who I'd go for.
Sifa - don't think he's captain material though.
Nikora - a smokey, though don't know if the 'c' would suit him.

The only other one I can think of, and the one I'd be tempted to go for, is my previously least favorite Shark - Cam McInnes.

Unless these guys really start lifting, I'd be seriously contemplating McInnes to 13 and captain.

I've really started to warm to him over the past couple of months since injuries hit.
If you're looking for someone to set standards, I think it's him.

Can't believe I'm writing that, but the leadership cupboard seems pretty bare.

Do you mean that or are you discounting players who are forum scapegoats, who have brainsnaps, who don't play as "we" want them to, who miss tackles, drop balls, act like conts on the field etc etc

We have at present Wade as Club captain, Dale as team captain, Moylan in the leadership group. The 3 most want gone. So is there a shared implication our leadership sucks?

2 players who fit the bill you mention are Brailey and Williams. Both give everything they've got but what they've got doesn't meet rigid fan and forum standards.

Brailey will be the next captain IMO

Sharkman

Juniors
Why do people think Trindall is a goner because he's not getting a run right now?

He signed a 2 year extension this Jan that doesn't kick in 2024.

He did that knowing Moylan signed a 2-year extension LAST YEAR.

FFS - some of you are deadset brain dead.

DJDL

Bench
Do you mean that or are you discounting players who are forum scapegoats, who have brainsnaps, who don't play as "we" want them to, who miss tackles, drop balls, act like conts on the field etc etc

We have at present Wade as Club captain, Dale as team captain, Moylan in the leadership group. The 3 most want gone. So is there a shared implication our leadership sucks?

2 players who fit the bill you mention are Brailey and Williams. Both give everything they've got but what they've got doesn't meet rigid fan and forum standards.

Brailey will be the next captain IMO

I considered adding Brails, to be fair. I also think you’re probably right he’s the next captain.

On Williams, I didn’t consider bench players. Agreed he fits the bill though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I considered adding Brails, to be fair. I also think you’re probably right he’s the next captain.
I thought this for some time, however he does not seem a leader at all. Great for promos and presso probably, but does not lead the team around the park, which he should given his position..

I have much dissappointment in that lad this year, perhaps he has hit his plateau, when he should be thriving.

I would have hoped by now, top 5 hooker, but no way.

Api, Grant, Cook, Mahoney, Robson, Egan,, Marshall-King all ahead for mie.

Had a few good games, none great a few avaerage. Rookie type stuff, in his 5th year.

Start leading or buy someone else.

DJDL

Bench
All the reasons I left him out of my original list.
Still think he will develop into a leader though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As for the topic.

I vote all three retire. Tomorrow works for me, but end of year for sure.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dale and Wade have had enough head knocks. Moylan could be value in England, but would probably get soft tissue injuries in the cold.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I thought this for some time, however he does not seem a leader at all. Great for promos and presso probably, but does not lead the team around the park, which he should given his position..

I have much dissappointment in that lad this year, perhaps he has hit his plateau, when he should be thriving.

I would have hoped by now, top 5 hooker, but no way.

Api, Grant, Cook, Mahoney, Robson, Egan,, Marshall-King all ahead for mie.

Had a few good games, none great a few avaerage. Rookie type stuff, in his 5th year.

Start leading or buy someone else.
He got picked for Origin to cut the oranges for Fittler and Andrew John’s always wraps him deluxe.
For me, he has plenty of potential, but just hasn’t gotten anywhere close to it.
Too much defence la la la…. I get that, but he appears to have no interest in being a leader period. Nothing wrong with that, unless he is being touted as the next captain. Which is so and he ain’t interested, be honest and let the coach know. I don’t feel Wade was every that comfortable with the role either, injury to him has meant we haven’t really had anyone long term in the role. And that for me is an issue.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Why do people think Trindall is a goner because he's not getting a run right now?

I don't. You gotta remember so many peeps in here think running a footy club is like collecting footy cards. Swap everyone for your favourites. Throw away the cards you don't like.

Trindall is also on record saying he was happy to bide his time.

The place is full of defeatists and fatalists who have zero patience and don't understand how to rebuild a club.

I blame Facebook

Latest posts