What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullholand leaving?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Blair played pretty well last weekend. I haven't watched many Broncos games this year but I remember reading Blair has been very poor. Bennett is on record as saying he didn't rate Hunt (not those words in verbatim) and if it weren't for the previous coach, would probably be playing for a different team.

Now, FFS get your tongue out of Bennetts ass. He is an enemy coach. Even if this were a Broncos forum the fawning would be embarrassing.

So last month the catch word was "homie" now it's "tongues" and "ass"

I love reading your posts comrade!:lol:

BennyV

Referee
While I don't agree with your assessment of Bennett, I for one admire your loyalty to the Dragons and respect your right to hate on all enemy players and coaches.

Was going to say the same thing - the homie is a douchebag and has some very, VERY strange assessments of players...but gotta admire his unbreakable loathing of all things non-dragons!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Was going to say the same thing - the homie is a douchebag and has some very, VERY strange assessments of players...but gotta admire his unbreakable loathing of all things non-dragons!

I just think hes different......think he might have run away from a circus to join an orphanage

V

Vasilevsky

Bennett is God now get over it. I think he will stick it up you this week too because he does not lose grand finals. But but but he is not good enough.

FFS, you get over it you f**king homie! He took a top 8 team with an abundance of young talent coming through and added marquee players from Canberra and Newcastle and didn't win the minor premiership but has reached the GF. Is it such a great achievement??

Mary took a team which lost it's marquess player and was expected by most to go close to getting the spoon but instead took them to the semi-finals. Based on this year, I would have to say Mary has done better than Bennett.

That's just my opinion and disagree if you like but for FFS, take your sickening fawning of an enemy coach to a Broncos forum at least!!!:x

V

Vasilevsky

That is simply not true. I think Nathan Brown for example has the best eye for talent in the NRL. I very much hope he flames at Newcastle and comes home as an assistant coach. Trouble as a head coach was his sticking with a guy who had zero playmaking ability (Barrett) while the best two centres in the competition and some good wingers were starved of of the ball.

That brings me to the point. You don't like my opinion of Widdop? I think he is a good or very good player but as a main playmaker, as Barrett was supposed to be, he is poor or very poor.

Or is it Jack Bird? So he won rookie of the year. I saw him play a few games and was utterly crap in them. Seems to me he isn't fast enough to be a centre, not big enough to be a forward and not skillful enough to be playmaker. At least not without a dominant playmaker on both sides of the ruck in the team with him. He would however make an excellent interchange utility.

Or is Kurt Mann? I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen he won't be able to force Matautai or Aitken out of the centres, isn't fast enough to be a winger and there is no way he is going to move Dugan from fullback:x.

rainman44

Bench
FFS, you get over it you f**king homie! He took a top 8 team with an abundance of young talent coming through and added marquee players from Canberra and Newcastle and didn't win the minor premiership but has reached the GF. Is it such a great achievement??

Mary took a team which lost it's marquess player and was expected by most to go close to getting the spoon but instead took them to the semi-finals. Based on this year, I would have to say Mary has done better than Bennett.

That's just my opinion and disagree if you like but for FFS, take your sickening fawning of an enemy coach to a Broncos forum at least!!!:x

You love the Dragons which is great but we will have to disagree about Bennett. Till i die i will always remember 3 years of good times whilst he was here.

BennyV

Referee
That is simply not true. I think Nathan Brown for example has the best eye for talent in the NRL. I very much hope he flames at Newcastle and comes home as an assistant coach. Trouble as a head coach was his sticking with a guy who had zero playmaking ability (Barrett) while the best two centres in the competition and some good wingers were starved of of the ball.

That brings me to the point. You don't like my opinion of Widdop? I think he is a good or very good player but as a main playmaker, as Barrett was supposed to be, he is poor or very poor.

Or is it Jack Bird? So he won rookie of the year. I saw him play a few games and was utterly crap in them. Seems to me he isn't fast enough to be a centre, not big enough to be a forward and not skillful enough to be playmaker. At least not without a dominant playmaker on both sides of the ruck in the team with him. He would however make an excellent interchange utility.

Or is Kurt Mann? I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen he won't be able to force Matautai or Aitken out of the centres, isn't fast enough to be a winger and there is no way he is going to move Dugan from fullback:x.

I disagree with your opinions on some players, but thats what this forum is for!

Your assessment of Widdop probably isnt too far off, but I dont think anyone has taught him how to be a main playmaker! He is clearly a very smart player, but for some reason (and I lay it at the feet of our attacking coach) that only comes out every other game. Give him options, runners with good timing and good angles, and a bit of space, and I think he could go next level. More interesting in that regard is the assessment of Benji - he is exactly the same style as Widdop, only more unpredictable (which can be good or bad, depending on the game). We score plenty of tries off him, but we give up olenty of chances off him too. Like Widdop, his best years were spent outside a dominant halfback (Prince, Lui). Neither is oarticularly suited as a 'dominant playmaker'.

Bird - you can hardly base him off a few games, the kid is still elligible for NYC so his consistency in first grade was bound to be a bit off. He dominated under 20s as a 17 year old. I dont think he was rookie of the year (should have been Munster or Takeaho) but he is one of the to young talents in the game, to claim otherwise based on a few games is nuts.

As for Mann - I agree that as a centre I dont think he is above Mata'utia or Aitken (yet), nor as a fullback is he above Dugan (yet) but for an admittedy understrength youngster playing out of position in his first year in first grade, he has done well. He forms oart of our best back 5 - how those 5 are made up is anyone's guess, but IMO is easy to shuffle throughout the game, they are all fairly versatile (bar maybe Aitken). Was a gun in younger grades (and QLD Cup) and will hit his prime here. Hes an investment who will pay dividends.

Mullholland Interview parts 1 2 3 have been uploaded onto the Dragons website. Very enlightening. We haven't finished recruitment...26 players out of 32 are in. Mullholland said we are still looking to strengthen next years squad.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/09/29/mulholland_season_re.html

In Peter Mulholland we trust.

Good to see they are looking to give some of the better juniors a chance to train with the first grade squad.

Means Dufty/Carr and potentially Isaac Thompson have a chance to trial for a wing spot.

Confirmed Mann is being the utility more likely to play Full Back or Five Eight.

We now have the depth in the forwards, with backline recruitment still to be finalised.

bottle

Coach
Just in case anyone hasn't caught on, like, well, you know...:sarcasm::sarcasm:
He's gooooooone.

Latest posts