What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Yeah, because Hayne is suppose to carry NSW to victory over one of the best QLD sides ever. You really must have nfi if that's all you've got.

bellyache

Bench
:lol::lol: Any decent winger could do what Merrit is doing for $ouffs.. Thread started by a QLD supporter no doubt..

Amadaca

Juniors
:lol::lol: Any decent winger could do what Merrit is doing for $ouffs.. Thread started by a QLD supporter no doubt..

Funny how he's the only player in history to have topped the tryscorers list from a wooden spooners team.

Any lower primate could post something better than you just managed.

Rod

Bench
Merritt better than Hayne :lol:.

I thought I'd read everything on here but that's a doozy.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Funny how you're all dismissive of stats when pro-Merritt supporters mention them.

The only stat they can come up with is trys scored

Line breaks?
Try assists?
Kick returns?
Tackle busts?
Grand Final appearances?

Hayne owns Merritt in them all you goose

Tweed Titan

Bench
This guy is the best troll ever. He has got all you guys seriously trying to debate a Hayne vs Merritt comparison. A Hayne vs Merrit comparison. He must be tearing up with laughter that you are all taking this so seriously :lol:

What's next? Will he argue Heighington is better than Gallen because he has a higher "number of clubs played for" stat?

typicalfan

Coach
Well last year Hayne was awful in defense especially on the try line. Merritt is awful in defense. Rep quality wingers need to be able to tackle, given the amount of potential tries that are scored on the wing it is logical that strong defense out wide is key. Tate and Boyd have proved that several times.

Stewart has been good this year for Manly, he is better than last year. He looks good for the fullback spot so far.

RHCP

Bench
Amadaca is a straight up troll, please stop feeding him. Worse than BunniesMan in his prime.

royce10

Juniors
In all fairness Uate's defense was very questionable during his selection for the blues and it showed. He was picked for his try scoring ability and as an xfactor.

Why Merrit hasn't played SOO is beyond me.

Rod

Bench
In all fairness even if Uate and Merritt were similar defensively Uate craps all over Merritt in every perceivable attacking area so it's very easy to see why a player like him would be picked and Merritt not.

I see Tallis etc. were pushing Merritt for not only NSW but Australia on the Footy Show :crazy:. People just need to come to grips with the fact that it's never going to happen and let it go.

A very solid club winger who will retire with an impressive try-scoring record but not an Origin player. A slightly more talented Luke Burt.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Morris and hayne are rightfully first choice wingers. I'd be fine if one of them went down for Merritt to be next in line. Uate is still horrible in defence whilst Michael gordan and Blake ferguson aren't Playing there for their club.

Parra Pride

Referee
Morris and hayne are rightfully first choice wingers. I'd be fine if one of them went down for Merritt to be next in line. Uate is still horrible in defence whilst Michael gordan and Blake ferguson aren't Playing there for their club.

Neither is Hayne, yet he is first choice?

Tone83

Juniors
I like merrit a lot and think he's a really good player, my opinion he's better than the morris twins and boyd and probably uate too, that try he just scored against the warriors was outstanding. However, in origin nothing would worry me more than having a lightly built guy on the wing. They're just gonna get thrown over the sideline by the defense and fended into the grandstand when they try to defend. Your only hope would be if gi wanted him to do well and went easy on him.

Latest posts