What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Merritt's defence, which was criticised rightly by all and sundry (except Souffs fans) pre origin, was shown tonight to be even worse than we gave him credit for.

The worst Origin performance ever. It makes you wonder how he has managed to stay in first grade long enough to score so many tries. A turnstyle at least gets in the way, he was just f**king woeful.

Pearce had the worst kicking game tonight I've ever seen in Origin. He provided absolutely nothing at all at any point in the game.

All attacking options ended up laying squarely with Farah, who the dickhead coach decided to bench.

Why not hook Pearce and replace him with Reynolds?

And why, when your side is being smashed up the guts all night, would you leave a prop on the bench for an hour?

Daley is no different to Stuart, he's yet another braindead simpleton coach infected by the Sheenius.

How can one side play two such vastly different games?

I'd dump Maloney, Merritt, Pearce, Merrin and Reynolds.

NrlCoach

Juniors
lol looks like merrit has been instructed to tackle inglis at all cost. noting else can explain that. wtf

just confirmed by Daley during the press conference that he instructed Merrin to come in from his wing to tackle Inglis all night...

LOOLZ AT ALL YOU MERKINS FOR GIVING IT TO MERRIT ALL NIGHT> BLAME THE COACH

and

images

Danish

Referee
Perhaps if Merritt had actually made a tackle on Inglis at some stage all night we could blame Daley... But even if that was the game plan Merritt still executed it about as well as a geniused 4th grader with one arm.

Worst origin winger ever. And no I have not forgotten the likes of McManus, or Turner

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Dugan is glacier slow so its not like he is able to come round and cut off the pass either. I really hate this strategy because I believe it plays into good centres hands because they should be able to beat their man at least a few times a game and now you are defending with a man out the line.

mattyg

Bench
He deadset gave wolfman a run for his money...worst origin performance from a single player that I've seen in a while. Bring on game 3, without Merritt. Morris was perfectly placed in defense for 2 tries that Merritt let in. Unbelievable, was always gonna be a target! Congrats on living that fairy tale mate but not gonna happen for game 3! Bring on taufua.

Mr Saab

Referee
Merritt will join Turner and McManus as one game winger wonders. Keep that jersey Nathan as you wont get another

Vic Mackey

Referee
I thought he was the best selection, boy was I wrong

Sure Uate and Tafua run up out of the line too, but at least they make up for it by taking some fcking hit ups

Absolute balls

Perhaps if Merritt had actually made a tackle on Inglis at some stage all night we could blame Daley... But even if that was the game plan Merritt still executed it about as well as a geniused 4th grader with one arm.

Worst origin winger ever. And no I have not forgotten the likes of McManus, or Turner

The first two times QLD came that way Merritt shut it down by being in Inglis face. Once Thurston adjusted and started hitting Boyd out the back we had no answer. Bad part is, if Merritt hangs back and waits, Inglis would have just made Morris look ordinary instead. Solution is, you just can't let QLD continually have half a set inside your 20 metres.

mrpwnd

Bench
I thought he was the best selection, boy was I wrong

Sure Uate and Tafua run up out of the line too, but at least they make up for it by taking some fcking hit ups

Absolute balls

I don't mind when wingers come out of their line, generally it's because they're isolated and need to shut down the play. But EVERY time Merritt did this there was absolutely NO REASON for it, everytime he went for Inglis he either:
a. Was already marked by 2 other players
Or
b. Was merely a decoy runner (still marked by the same 2 players anyway).

It's like he forgot he was playing on the wing and thought he was defending as a centre or a backrower

Seriously anyone know Bunniesman's phone number or address? I need to talk to him. Seriously what the fu*k? Please EXPLAIN!

Bunniesman can be reached by calling 555-LUVSLOG. Ask for "Mr. Lovetunnel". Better let him know upfront it's a business call, not pleasure. Things might get awkward.